• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

aY227

So I found this ring today.

giphy.gif

btw... what would be the best way to use it?

Handy Fake

kbv6efl6wcoz.png

So I found this ring today. No idea how valuable it is. But closest ring I could find to it had 20 less ele res and not flat damage and it was at 25 Exalts. Mine has 120 ele res and sone flat phys. I started it at 80 Exalts. By far the most valuable drop I've had in 700 hours of PoE.

That's a beauty.

zon

kbv6efl6wcoz.png

So I found this ring today. No idea how valuable it is. But closest ring I could find to it had 20 less ele res and not flat damage and it was at 25 Exalts. Mine has 120 ele res and sone flat phys. I started it at 80 Exalts. By far the most valuable drop I've had in 700 hours of PoE.

Jesus christ that's some amazing/disgusting luck. Congrats :p

Handy Fake

So I've ground my way to level 85.

I really have a shocking build but my PC is too shit to be able to hold up to the rigours of the world exploding around me. But my trusty Arc Witch is holding her own.

Handy Fake

Path of Building seems really well done but then I see something like this:

How the hell would getting rid of that make my dps go up?

Never seen that one before, I rarely venture that way on the tree, hehe,

Have you got any armour/passive/gem damage bonuses based on enemy resist?

Baliis

My guess would be you have elemental pen that's dropping your test monster drop to negative resists, then the passive is making you ignore the negative resist. Try manually upping the resists in the config and see what happens.

My guess would be you have elemental pen that's dropping your test monster drop to negative resists, then the passive is making you ignore the negative resist. Try manually upping the resists in the config and see what happens.

Hmm, what is the default (cold) resist on yellow/red maps? The wiki doesn't seem to be updated since 3.0. or I'm looking at the wrong page.

Baliis

Hmm, what is the default (cold) resist on yellow/red maps? The wiki doesn't seem to be updated since 3.0. or I'm looking at the wrong page.

No idea, could try setting the mob to be shaper or something though instead of a white mob, or just manually adding the resist, pretty sure PoB let's you do that.

Dahbomb

It's because you have the enemy set to having no resistances. If the enemy has no resistances then this node is garbage obviously. But if the enemy has some resistances it becomes pretty good.

Go into the Configuration window and set the enemy resistance to a high value or set it to Boss/Shaper/Guardian resistance values. You will see your DPS go up.

So close to that Headhunter goal for the league. Sitting on 67 exalts at the moment. Only need 10 more. Sales have been slowing way down though. My enchants from Uberlab has been complete garbage lately. Not a single sellable enchant in my past 30-40 runs.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I played this back in alpha/beta about 4 years ago and my friend just recently got me back into it, I'm just about to start act 4. They've certainly added a lot of content since I last played. One "problem" is still the same though, you look like absolute trash unless you spend money, and I feel £40 is a bit much for an armour set, at least it's too rich for my blood. Back in the day I dropped £20 so I have a couple of the early weapon glows and the crown but nothing else, the new stuff does look amazing to be fair but I wish I could look cool without spending so much, my friend looks so cool and I look like a level 1 lol.

EDIT: I just worked it out and it would cost £67 to make one character look good (supporter pack + one weapon glow).

I played this back in alpha/beta about 4 years ago and my friend just recently got me back into it, I'm just about to start act 4. They've certainly added a lot of content since I last played. One "problem" is still the same though, you look like absolute trash unless you spend money, and I feel £40 is a bit much for an armour set, at least it's too rich for my blood. Back in the day I dropped £20 so I have a couple of the early weapon glows and the crown but nothing else, the new stuff does look amazing to be fair but I wish I could look cool without spending so much, my friend looks so cool and I look like a level 1 lol.

EDIT: I just worked it out and it would cost £67 to make one character look good (supporter pack + one weapon glow).

You also get mtx for completing challenges in temp leagues, too. I generally buy a supporter pack each new league. Then I used the left over coins to buy some stash tabs and use the rest on the mystery boxes. Which are 30 coins a piece. That combined with the mtx for challenge completions I've gathered quite a few mtx's

quest

Not Banned from OT
I was hoping someone could clear something up for me. I was reading that you could have up to 7 masters in you hideout. Up to 4 or 5 if you had a level 6 master. I have a level 6 and 5 and can't invite any more. They are zana and tora. I want to be able to invite more for dailies. Also any have good guide to craft jewelry can't find anything for sale. Looking for life and 3 resistances at least t2 rolls. Same for chest piece. Crafting is seems confusing each guide is little different and most advice is not to do it just buy it but I can't find those pieces for sale.

Rufus

The master who gave you the hideout gates progress, so if you chose Elreon's, you have to level Elreon to expand it, etc.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You also get mtx for completing challenges in temp leagues, too. I generally buy a supporter pack each new league. Then I used the left over coins to buy some stash tabs and use the rest on the mystery boxes. Which are 30 coins a piece. That combined with the mtx for challenge completions I've gathered quite a few mtx's

I didn't know you got MTX for doing challenges, that's cool. I still think £40 is a lot for one skin though, when you consider a full game is £30 - £40. I know they need to make money and that's cool, but if I were to cave and buy a pack I wouldn't feel like I got value for money at all and that's important to me as I'm not exactly rolling in cash. I've always been addicted to transmog and outfits though, it's my weakness, whenever I see someone say "you don't have to buy it, it's only cosmetic" I think to myself "BUT I NEEEEEEED IT!!!" :D

I finished act 4 yesterday with my friend and loved it, such a massive step up in quality over the previous acts which I had completed previously. I really loved the lava area near the end, as well as the belly bit, plus all the bosses were so much cooler. My friend said the best is still yet to come so I'm looking forward to playing more with him soon. I also did the Lab and unlocked my second spec which was cool, my build is actually coming along nicely now and I can finally use all of my skills.

I'm actually really surprised at how polished it is, it now runs better than Diablo III for me, I get 144fps most of the time in 2 player, and there's no asset load stutter which I still suffer with in D3. I was really taken aback at how good it is technically, and I really loved the art style of act 4 especially. Overall I'm enjoying it and can see why it's popular, they've really done a good job over the past few years.

I'm actually really surprised at how polished it is, it now runs better than Diablo III for me, I get 144fps most of the time in 2 player, and there's no asset load stutter which I still suffer with in D3. I was really taken aback at how good it is technically, and I really loved the art style of act 4 especially. Overall I'm enjoying it and can see why it's popular, they've really done a good job over the past few years.

A lot of the technical improvements made by the team were actually in support of the XBox One deployment (DX11, network code, asset caching, etc.). It's funny how many people responded negatively to the launch of PoE on the XBox, when it brought us so much.

I haven't looked at the XBox marketplace, but there should be a wide variety of MTX of various pricing. Yeah, the super-cool ones are the most expensive, but that's always going to be the case. I also don't know if the XBox community gets sales like we do.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The master who gave you the hideout gates progress, so if you chose Elreon's, you have to level Elreon to expand it, etc.

Thank you that was the trick. I spent my exalted on a signal fire today. Well worth it my damage is fine now just need some one to sell some defensive gloves and chest. Jewelry that is just a sea of pure garbage. Until get those defensive items just dailies and start on the second lab. At level 82 anything lower than t4 is not worth running exp wise. At t4 still die time to time.

Up to 72 Exalts now. Was saving up for a Headhunter. But now that I have the currency for one. I'm not sure I want do dump all of my currency into it.

I still need a boss killer. I've been looking at making a Brutus Lead Sprinkler build for a while now so I can do shaper, guardians and Uber atziri. Now I'm torn.

Next update will make auras and spectres persistent. Finally, I can full spec into spectres, then I'll have zombies as tanks. I'll have to ditch my original plan to use Skeleton Mages because Dead Reckoning is freaking expensive right now.

What's the best spectre to use?

Next update will make auras and spectres persistent. Finally, I can full spec into spectres, then I'll have zombies as tanks. I'll have to ditch my original plan to use Skeleton Mages because Dead Reckoning is freaking expensive right now.

Damnit. I've always wanted to do a summoner but getting spectres seemed way too annoying. Now I want to do one. But I just dropped 35ex on my Brutus Lead Sprinkler. Which is wrecking by the way. Not even level 50 and I already have 10k tooltip dps on my sunder and 8k dps on my molten strike. This build wrecks everything. Just really clunky and slow. But it's only there to kill bosses while my wander clears the map.

JoeMartin

Up to 72 Exalts now. Was saving up for a Headhunter. But now that I have the currency for one. I'm not sure I want do dump all of my currency into it.

I still need a boss killer. I've been looking at making a Brutus Lead Sprinkler build for a while now so I can do shaper, guardians and Uber atziri. Now I'm torn.

I have a BLS molten strike berserker. Highly recommend. Clears everything in the game easy as hell. Facetanks guardians/shaper beam np. Clears maps respectably quickly. You're looking at ~30ex to get all the gear for it to perform at the clip it should (ideally around ~1200 str), but it is the most well rounded endgame build imo.

The only thing it cannot do is grandmasters.

Dahbomb

People say the Wicker Men are really good.

So no more needing to desecrate on shaped maps only to crash and lose them?

Solar Guards are good. Projectile supports, spell echo and a curse projectile weakness makes everything dead.

Oh jeez and I don't think spectres have Mana so they don't care about Mana multipliers like from GMP.

I know which game I'm playing tonight. :D

So 6L would be Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, GMP, Controlled Destruction, Inc Minion Damage. Defense could be the last socket or just an offering. I don't know if they need resist penetration (or if that gem exists).

I have a BLS molten strike berserker. Highly recommend. Clears everything in the game easy as hell. Facetanks guardians/shaper beam np. Clears maps respectably quickly. You're looking at ~30ex to get all the gear for it to perform at the clip it should (ideally around ~1200 str), but it is the most well rounded endgame build imo.

The only thing it cannot do is grandmasters.

I'm up to 30 ex right now with all of the jewels I need. Once I get my dex and res needs straightened out I'll drop some currency on two good rings with 50 strength on them.

Level 62 right now sitting at 827 strength and I just deleted the act 8 bosses. That's without fire res being highest for the wise oak. It's insane how strong it is.

JoeMartin

I'm up to 30 ex right now with all of the jewels I need. Once I get my dex and res needs straightened out I'll drop some currency on two good rings with 50 strength on them.

Level 62 right now sitting at 827 strength and I just deleted the act 8 bosses. That's without fire res being highest for the wise oak. It's insane how strong it is.

Yeah, the hardest bit of the whole thing is balancing resists and dps - if you want both it'll get nutty expensive for the rings to support, but you can back off perfect dps rolls and still have disgusting single target.

Frostbreath version is a fair bit cheaper (only ~10ex to kit out, most of that cost being a 6l belly) and can hit the same/higher dps numbers (higher, generally, since your rings and ammy are BiS cheap uniques), and gear for resists more easily. You give up ~500-750 life vs BLS for that, though. I plan on starting next league with this version, assuming no drastic changes to berserker.

Yeah, the hardest bit of the whole thing is balancing resists and dps - if you want both it'll get nutty expensive for the rings to support, but you can back off perfect dps rolls and still have disgusting single target.

Frostbreath version is a fair bit cheaper (only ~10ex to kit out, most of that cost being a 6l belly) and can hit the same/higher dps numbers (higher, generally, since your rings and ammy are BiS cheap uniques), and gear for resists more easily. You give up ~500-750 life vs BLS for that, though. I plan on starting next league with this version, assuming no drastic changes to berserker.

I have 45 more Exalts to play around with. I don't mind dropping another 10-15 Exalts on jewelry. But not much more than that.

Alienups

When the last thing you need for your build is an item that you didnt pricecheck before only to discover it's 19 ex, yikes

Completely forgot that The Retch was a Talisman exclusive

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can I not dual wield a 1h mace and wand as a Witch? I've been using double wand up until now but I just got my best unique (Doon Cuebiyari) but I can't use it with a wand, it's still a DPS increase but I'm missing a weapon for now. I have a touch of Anguish in 4 levels so it's not a massive deal I just didn't expect an issue as they're both 1handers.

On act 9 now, which is my second favourite act after 4 thus far. The rest have been quite generic compared to them IMO, although all the boss fights past act 3 have been incredible, such a massive step up. I'm currently 64 on my Witch and 58 on my Marauder and the game is a lot of fun, I've been pumping in quite a few hours since picking it up and I'm looking forward to trying maps and all that jazz after act 10.

Rufus

They don't allow you to have a ranged and a melee weapon. Wand + wand or wand + shield are the only allowable combinations. If you want caster mods in your main hand and a stat stick off hand you'll need to grab a dagger.

Finally did the Pale Court today after having 3/4 keys for over two weeks. Really fun fight, although it was a bit disappointing it wasn't a full zone like the Apex of Sacrifice was.

The game definitely needs more "off-atlas" progression like this and Atziri. I hope that's the direction they are going with the next major update.

That was about the level I did Merciless Labyrinth. There's no entry fee for that one so don't worry about not doing it on the first try. Even if you don't get to the end it can be quite profitable.

My Lv76 Necro is having some trouble now. I went to do a Lv74 Zana daily mission which had triple uniques and used nearly all of the portals there. Burning Grounds absolutely melt my minions even with Purity of Elements + Commander of Darkness. I doubt switching to Purity of Fire would help that much.

I seriously need to get Dead Reckoning or 6 points for Spectre Ascendancy so that I can spec my zombies into pure tanks. Problem is that DR is super pricey and I heard the last 3 Ascendancy points is hard to get.

I'm also kinda starting to feel how much CI sucks. I only have 2900ES. However, I still hate dealing with Chaos damage and any desecrated map.

I don't feel like I'm making much peogress with my char. Upgrades aren't really dropping.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Another question, I'm following a guide and just bought some boots, but I can't understand how he got the white enchant as I'm unable to enchant my boots in my hideout.

PDrG6UN.png

How do I add the increased attack and cast speed if you've killed recently affix?

Another question, I'm following a guide and just bought some boots, but I can't understand how he got the white enchant as I'm unable to enchant my boots in my hideout.

PDrG6UN.png

How do I add the increased attack and cast speed if you've killed recently affix?

That's a lab enchantment. At the end of a lab there's a shrine that you can enchant boots, gloves, or a helmet.

You can also buy them pre enchanted. Which is much easier than doing it yourself.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's a lab enchantment. At the end of a lab there's a shrine that you can enchant boots, gloves, or a helmet.

You can also buy them pre enchanted. Which is much easier than doing it yourself.

Ah OK thanks, I looked and couldn't find any pre-enchanted so I guess I'll have to do it myself at some point.

inter

After playing POE off and on for nearly 4 years, I finally hit endgame yesterday.

And I'm already trying to decide if I want to reroll another build after work tonight. :)

Top Bottom