• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Come on Skill tree!!!

YanwKyg.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really hyped, but the patch is downloaded and ready to go. Honestly I just need something to play until Ghosts comes out. I'm excited to see all the changes though, it's been so long since I last played. I think I'll just start with the new champion.

Perkel

Banned
So what league will you guys be doing?

Nemesis is the only proper answer. Everybody should try that.

BTW PEOPLE

I think i am sure that you can predownload Steam version of game.

-First download client from PoE site and download everything.
-When it ends there will be Content.ggpk file in main directory of the game.
-Steam Content.ggpk shouldn't be different so when you start downloading over steam just stop > delete steam version Content.ggpk in game steam folder and copy that file from PoE folder > run download on steam and should only download steam version of client (which should take few MB) and couple of other things.
- done. at least in theory

I did that frequently to move PoE folder folder to my SSD and to HDD. (every time i needed to redownload game since it was tied to registry)

syko de4d

trying out to build a trap build with the new tree but never played only trap.

Mana and life leech doesnt work with traps, or? So how to get enough mana for traps? :D

Perkel

Banned
trying out to build a trap build with the new tree but never played only trap.

Mana and life leech doesnt work with traps, or? So how to get enough mana for traps? :D

I played a bit my trap build and it really doesn't need that much mana. I mean Trap build mostly is Life + some resists some defence and trap nodes. You don't actually make a contact with mobs so you have ton of passives to up mana regen and amount.

I don't feel like reading a ton of pages and posts, but I want a TL;DR kind of version. Are they really adding a ton more content (skills, weapons, passives, etc), more places and possible more classes?

Gothos

Nemesis is the only proper answer. Everybody should try that.

BTW PEOPLE

I think i am sure that you can predownload Steam version of game.

-First download client from PoE site and download everything.
-When it ends there will be Content.ggpk file in main directory of the game.
-Steam Content.ggpk shouldn't be different so when you start downloading over steam just stop > delete steam version Content.ggpk in game steam folder and copy that file from PoE folder > run download on steam and should only download steam version of client (which should take few MB) and couple of other things.
- done. at least in theory

I did that frequently to move PoE folder folder to my SSD and to HDD. (every time i needed to redownload game since it was tied to registry)

Steam client and the standalone client ARE NOT compatibile. Confirmed by GGG.

Perkel

Banned
Steam client and the standalone client ARE NOT compatibile. Confirmed by GGG.

I am not talking about client. I am talking about Content.ggpk file which contains almost all assets from game. Client itself is just few files + 2-3 folders that litrally is like 20-50 MB and that probably won't be much different for STEAM version of the game.

Content.ggpk is like 7GB essentially almost whole game.

Gothos

I am not talking about client. I am talking about Content.ggpk file which contains almost all assets from game. Client itself is just few files + 2-3 folders that litrally is like 20-50 MB and that probably won't be much different for STEAM version of the game.

I know that you're talking about Content.ggpk and it is not the same file in both Steam/standalone client, so that trick with swapping files to avoid another one Steam download won't work.

V_Arnold

Guys, a quick question. If I already downloaded the client, can I move everything to a pendrive for faster/easier loading (USB3.0 reading speeds >>> my hdd) ? Or do I need to reinstall it again? It just finished downloading the patch -.-"

Quixzlizx

I can't confirm this, but this was a post in the SA PoE thread:

One of the devs confirmed that Steam's files are slightly different and you'd be unlikely to get any benefit from the ggpk file being copied into the Steam directory. The main reason is that they restructured the Steam GGPK so that updates via Steam were as small as possible - their standard GGPK format and their own patcher works differently.

Alright, made 3 builds. Conduit move really messed up my staff build, but my summoner build is super strong.

It was already posted i believe from Kripp stream in this thread page or so back.

I was talking about the calculator, not some images. I watched Kripp stream all day.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Furiously planning out builds.

I really want to play Scion but it seems more feasible to go Duelist/Marauder or even Ranger for Spectral throw.

So far I planned out BM/Iron Grip/Unwavering Stance/IR/RS Spectral Throw and a variation with crit and Point Blank.

Going to plan out a dagger spectral throw build in a few minutes.

inky

Ahhh, I don't have a build yet! How are sweep templars lately? I'll probably that, or a crit dagger shadow, but the latter is much more gear dependent and I don't know if I can survive that long (highest I made it with my latest attempt was 52ish in HC).

Gonna go into this blind and fresh since the last time I played this was quite awhile ago so the changes don't really do me any good to read. 30 minutes to go!

Zeth

I'm so lazy and rarely plan my builds myself. Usually relying on forum guides. I'm thinking I'll just play something simple for my first character in the new leagues, reroll when I get an idea of what I want to do, and/or die.

Anyone have links to promising 1.0 builds? Or are they nonexistent with the skill tree still not yet live?

garath

Glad i deleted everything i had. Fresh start is always amazing.

I'm going to keep my couple 40s characters and just not touch them initially. I'll probably start a fresh Scion and if I decide to go back to a shadow I can reroll the skill points on my existing 40s guy and have a quick start without leveling hassle.

Perkel

Banned
Hold on a second. Will the beta chars be wiped when the 1.0 version goes live?

No they won't. I don't like to play in legacy leagues and keeping old beta characters is kind of lame.

I will start game from 0 and listen to every damn dialogue there is without skipping anything and i will kill every damn mob there is on every map

I wonder what challenges there will be this time and i hope Namesis will be super hard so that people will shit bricks when they find first map

syko de4d

what do you think will be a nice defense trigger gem for a trapper with alot of evasion?

I am thinking of "Cast when damage taken lvl 1 (lvl 1 has lowest needed damage or?) + Frostwall + Enfeeble + decoy totem" xD

I'm finding that having existing character is closing off my mind to possible alternatives, and from a quick glance of the last few patches, the game has grown, alot.

I'm keeping my witch only because she already cleared first part of Act 3 and I progress so slow in these games.

rtcn63

Should I uninstall the standalone version of POE first, if I want to use the steam one? I just downloaded the big patch.

Quixzlizx

Is there any way to remotely install a free to play game? If I had bought a game on the Steam website, it'd give me the option to remotely install to my laptop after purchasing it, but pressing the button for PoE just gives me the "install Steam/open Steam" choice. I do not want to install PoE on my work PC. :(

Greg

Not too familiar with Steam...

If I install the game outside of it, is there some way to link it to my Steam account afterwards?

Top Bottom