• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Gale Network Bullshit: "Star Fox Metroid: Fusion Saga" isn't real (no shit!)

Update: Look at this shit!

Confirmed status update on Retro Studios making “Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga” for Wii U. Rumors put to rest.

The good news is that going into E3, I have an answer: No. This game is not what Retro Studios is currently working on and it will not make an appearance at E3 next week. Now depending on what side of the fence you were on in regards to whether or not you wanted this game to be real is where this news might be personally good or bad to you. If you hated the idea, then rest assured that the game isn’t happening. If you liked the idea, then at least I can leave you with a bit of cushioning.

-----

You read it right.

- The game switches off between intense Arwing space and planetary battles as Fox makes his way to the planet that Samus crashed on and a Metroid Prime-like experience of gameplay as Samus on this planet, gradually uncovering its mysteries, leveling up, etc.
- The Star Fox stages represent what the series is best known for, including the chatter and coming to the aid of the rest of your team, all range mode battles, and on rails stages.
- The Metroid part of the game puts you alone, void of human or any talking character contact, and like the Prime series, sees you gaining upgrades, battling bosses, and in this case, repairing your ship.
- The game is said to be epic in size, scope, ambition.
- The pacing has been perfected to not interrupt what the feeling is behind either franchise, since Star Fox is more often known for being acceptable to have short sessions with and Metroid rather the opposite. You can opt to continue playing either just Samus’ part or Fox’s part without crossing over for much of the main game (or play it as it’s scripted back and forth), but will eventually have to complete both, as the characters will ultimately meet up.

CMDBob

I... don't know what to think. This sounds AWESOME, and yet it could go oh so wrong...

This'll make me buy a WiiU no question (as if there was any doubt...)

There are frequently Paul Gale Network rumours: are they ever correct? (Genuinely can't remember if any have turned out to be true.)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Scrap Fox and put Samus in the cockpit and it's a good idea. Having both in the game sounds stupid.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The only reason this would exist is if Nintendo wanted absolute, concrete proof to kill both franchises forever. Destroy any semblance of loyalty and interest remaining from both fan bases, and send the game to die in a market that won't buy it.

Genius, really.

upandaway

Hahahaha.

There's just something really amusing with Fox talking with Samus about the threat Metroids. Does that mean Mother Brain and Andross will work together?

No way it's happening, but I'm having fun entertaining the idea.

Delio

This really sounds ... awful. Honestly I'd rather play just the Star Fox stuff than this mix of whatever.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
$20 bet that this is false.

Rules:
- If Retro announces a new game and it's not this, I win.
- If Retro announces a new game and it is this, you win.
- At any point before Retro announces a new game, bettor or I have right to pay out $10 and admit defeat. This ends the bet, the money is not paid back if the opposite ends up true later.

Mista Koo

Scrap Fox and put Samus in the cockpit and it's a good idea. Having both in the game sounds stupid.
Exactly.
Otherwise I'd prefer a Zelda Metroid crossover.

Edit: Never mind, I think I actually want it to be true for the WTF factor and the reactions :p

If you read the article, it sounds like even he doesn't believe it. This is bullshit, come on. I could buy a Starfox game with the mechanics - half Satrfox, half Metroid gameplay - but not with Samus in. Nah.

MYE

I dont know how to feel about this.

How would they even merge the realistic, more serious look of Metroid with Starfox?

Reports indicate the game will culminate in an F-Zero race between the Arwing and Gunship- a race to the Mushroom Kingdom where Ganon has kidnapped Palutena.

Hahaha that's amazing.

I'd go with this over Other M 2 no question.

If this did turn out to be true, then I've had enough good experiences from Retro to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'd probably buy it.

Sounds really, really radical though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

How would they even merge the realistic, more serious look of Metroid with Starfox?

Dreadfully

I can't even humour the idea that this was maybe pitched, but never came to fruition. The thought of someone at Retro or Nintendo going "You know what would be a really good idea? Merging Star Fox and Metroid" makes my brain ache.

Paul Gale

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was correct.

With PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, I labeled it from the start as fact. This Star Fox - Metroid: FS thing is like TMNT: Manhattan Crisis, just a RUMOR. I could have not put it up and bothered at all with any of it: good comments, bad comments, etc.

At the end of the day though, more people tell me to share what I have, even if it sounds stupid or outlandish. Even still, I don't put up everything I get because there's way to much crap.

Only the occasional "wow" rumor will I put up and if there's some chance it's legit. In this case, it was the only follow-up to an article I put up as indeed fact, back in April, 2011 and that was of Retro Studios developing a Wii U game that was something that would please everyone.

If you hate the idea of this rumor, just call it stupid, fake and be done with it. If you like the idea, say it's cool and that you wouldn't mind playing it, but that it's probably not gonna happen. That way, you're setting yourself up for the least amount of stress and disappointment.

I personally am a big fan of both franchises and though as odd as it may be to see it work, I guess it could and am open to it. We'll see...

Nimajneb

Why would this be one game, rather than two? It seems like a stupid idea, but if the Star Fox parts are like Star Fox 64 and the Metroid parts are like Metroid prime, it would be amazing anyway.

upandaway

If you read the article, it sounds like even he doesn't believe it. This is bullshit, come on. I could buy a Starfox game with the mechanics - half Satrfox, half Metroid gameplay - but not with Samus in. Nah.
That's the best thing about it: Both gameplay systems can work with both franchises. It's such a silly concept.

sound like should they mix what type of baby's would we get?

J1PS3.png

Krev

Unconfirmed Member

Fox will have small reptilian eyes and rows of pirahna like teeth, and will emit a high screeching sound.

Yeah... Not sure if want...

Its like they wanted to do both but only have enough people to make one game... So they just mixed them into one game... Meh...

Lets hope this one stays a rumor. I seriusly can't see this work in any way shape or form...

BTW this needs ace attorney mixed in. Samus sueing Fox for causing the accident... He propanly drunk while flyin... "Metroid x Star Fos vs Ace Attorney"...

Top Bottom