• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

So where is everyone meeting tonight?

My buddy and I are north of Chinatown, at Omni Parker House, just need to know where to walk to.

We're meeting up at hostelling international in Chinatown at around 6:30-7, but the places we would probably go to are between that and the omni parker. We haven't decided where we're going yet; was gonna do that when we have everyone.

We can keep you posted or you can head down that way anyway and sightsee a bit

Clearos

and the drive from CT begins now. See everyone on the flip side.

woo..pretending a 2 hour drive is an epic journey!!

Getting pumped now. Finishing up work for the day, heading to Best Buy to pick up a Mophie battery case for my iPhone for the convention, then it's home to pack up an overnight bag (staying at a friend's apartment in the city for a few nights). Can't wait for my first PAX!
...and first convention at all (O_O)...

and the drive from CT begins now. See everyone on the flip side.

woo..pretending a 2 hour drive is an epic journey!!

haha!

naeS

We're meeting up at hostelling international in Chinatown at around 6:30-7, but the places we would probably go to are between that and the omni parker. We haven't decided where we're going yet; was gonna do that when we have everyone.

We can keep you posted or you can head down that way anyway and sightsee a bit

Yeah keep me posted on where you head from there, we'll start heading that way in 30 minutes or so.

Tom_Cody

I've never used the coat check. Never wore a coat on the floor because it's hot as balls. Coat check lines look like shit, this year it'll probably be worse.

If you wake too early, you're stuck outside. The only benefit to being there super early is waiting in a line. If use show up at the time of, you are just in a fast moving line. Depending on the debauchery I find myself in the night prior, I just stroll in 30mins late.

I'll have a light jacket but I can easily fold it up and carry. I haven't used the coat check before so I can't tell you that. I think I saw the PAX twitter say they'll check in boots too, but all that's run by the BCEC.

10:30-11 probably depending on how Friday night goes. The show/expo hall doesn't open until 10, so getting there earlier means you just wait in a giant line to get into the expo hall, or a line to get into one of the early panels.
Thanks guys. I'll think I'll just head over there at 10:30 instead of 7/8am. That should save me a lot of stress.

Also, it turns out that there will be a shuttle from my hotel which greatly simplifies things.

Sober

Coat check is inoffensive IMO but if you are attending panels for the most part you can maybe get away without using it but if you are gonna head down on the show floor for a while, just suck the few dollar cost.

NateDrake

Coat check is inoffensive IMO but if you are attending panels for the most part you can maybe get away without using it but if you are gonna head down on the show floor for a while, just suck the few dollar cost.

The real offender is the length to get to coat check. That line moves slow and can take a while.

naeS

I'll be coming down to the first floor of HI Boston, pretty sure you can just walk in and chill on the first floor. Look for the Asian guy with a puffy grey coat.

This is the part where we message each other across the room and see if we make eye contact haha. We are by the fireplace.

Headed down early tomorrow, it's my first PAX and I'm really excited. Definitely want to check out the Guild Wars 2 booth. Also me and my buddy (BoKnowsGaf) are definitely going to the neogaf meetup on Saturday night. I don't post on the gaming side very often and this'll be my first meetup, looking forward to it!

Jhoan

We're pretty much reaching the Omni Parker House in about a minute. Forgot how beautiful the brick buildings look but how awkwardly structured the streets are compared to NYC. So used to that grid system. This city is amazingly beautiful.

JNA

Banned
We're pretty much reaching the Omni Parker House in about a minute. Forgot how beautiful the brick buildings look but how awkwardly structured the streets are compared to NYC. So used to that grid system. This city is amazingly beautiful.

I'll also be at Omni Parker House! 0_0

I wasn't quick enough but I heard there is a hotel that is literally adjacent to the convention center. is that true?

NateDrake

I wasn't quick enough but I heard there is a hotel that is literally adjacent to the convention center. is that true?

Yes. The Westin is connected to the BCEC. Half the appointments I have on Saturday are being held at the Westin.

JNA

Banned
Yes. The Westin is connected to the BCEC. Half the appointments I have on Saturday are being held at the Westin.

Ah yeah that's the one.

Everytime the tickets go on salw, that hotel gets booked even faster than the 3 day tickets get sold out lol.

It's a long shot, but if anyone is willing to secure a Rock Band 4 pin to ship down to Louisiana, I'll gladly pay for the item and shipping. I was at PAX South and would have bought/traded towards it in a heart beat.

Thanks for reading!

NateDrake

Ah yeah that's the one.

Everytime the tickets go on salw, that hotel gets booked even faster than the 3 day tickets get sold out lol.

I'd imagine a lot of people book once the date of the event is announced. It's easier to book really early & cancel than to land a room last minute. Every year I tell myself that I'll get a hotel room in Boston and never end up doing it. I just travel an hr back & forth each day instead.

evilalien

I'd imagine a lot of people book once the date of the event is announced. It's easier to book really early & cancel than to land a room last minute. Every year I tell myself that I'll get a hotel room in Boston and never end up doing it. I just travel an hr back & forth each day instead.

People can easily book hotels before Penny Arcade announces the dates if they want to guarantee a room. The dates are already set far in advance and it's not like they can change them even this far out. PAX East 2016 is 4/22-4/24 for example (easily found on the MCCA website: http://massconvention.com/events/2016/04/bcec )

JNA

Banned

You can book a room and cancel the day the tickets go live and than book it again for the Pax discount?

NateDrake

People can easily book hotels before Penny Arcade announces the dates if they want to guarantee a room. The dates are already set far in advance and it's not like they can change them even this far out. PAX East 2016 is 4/22-4/24 for example (easily found on the MCCA website: http://massconvention.com/events/2016/04/bcec )

Oh, wow, didn't realize it was known this far in advance.

You can book a room and cancel the day the tickets go live and than book it again for the Pax discount?
Couldn't say.

Jhoan

You know it, 14th Floor if you're on the same floor.

I'm charging my phone for several minutes and relaxing. Gonna head out around 8 or so to get some food.

JNA

Banned
You know it, 14th Floor if you're on the same floor.

I'm charging my phone for several minutes and relaxing. Gonna head out around 8 or so to get some food.

I have no idea what floor I will be on. Haven't checked in yet. I did prefer the lower the better though just to get closer to the front door as possible.

Holy hell. A 5.5 hour drive that turned into 8 hours due to the snow. But the wife and I made it, setting up shop in my room.

Tomorrow... hell begins.

Jhoan

It seems that I was unable to get away from my friends to meet up. At the Westin visiting a few more con friends. Plan on returning to the hotel, hit the gym, and call it a night.

I hope to see some of you at Albatross tomorrow. I have to be in early even though my shift doesn't start until 4PM. There's tons of people here of all shapes and sizes with table top games as well a good share of attractive girls.

Sanjuro

Hurray PAX!

YMMZ4H7.jpg

Top Bottom