• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

Jhoan

I've been on the Expo Floor for the past 2 hours walking around taking pics of cosplayers. Said hi to Adam from Robot Entertainment and saw Major Nelson. Also tried out Ori and The Blind Forest which was pretty damn good. Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of Indie games on the floor. Someone give me recommendations. Also if anyone is on Twitter, I've been live tweeting my location/thoughts. Twitter is @GeneYorkMorgan

I'll be free for another few hours if anyone wants to meet up. Wearing a GAF shirt and have a blue lanyard with a bunch have of pipe cleaners on it; red Enforcer shirt wrapped around the waist. The Behemoth swag back pack.

Ooccoo

I've been on the Expo Floor for the past 2 hours walking around taking pics of cosplayers. Said hi to Adam from Robot Entertainment and saw Major Nelson. Also tried out Ori and The Blind Forest which was pretty damn good. Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of Indie games on the floor. Someone give me recommendations. Also if anyone is on Twitter, I've been live tweeting my location/thoughts. Twitter is @GeneYorkMorgan

I'll be free for another few hours if anyone wants to meet up. Wearing a GAF shirt and have a blue lanyard with a bunch have of pipe cleaners on it; red Enforcer shirt wrapped around the waist. The Behemoth swag back pack.

Be sure to check out A.N.N.E.

Jhoan

At Whiskey Priest getting lunch with my friend before our shift starts but I'm gonna squeeze in a little bit of free time left to pass by the Robot Entertainment booth again and the Playism booth. See if I hand out a few business cards as well. Took a pic with Jonathan Holmes. Saw a couple of Adult Swim games I want to try out including the Metroid style game that a GAF member made.

Feel like there is a lot less Cosplay this year. Maybe there will be more tomorrow as it warms up.

233895_image_460x613.jpg

If you play axiom verge at the cooler master booth you can get a $5 psn credit code. Just say you have a ps4 if the creator of the game asks you

The game is pretty cool too.

Sanjuro

If you play axiom verge at the cooler master booth you can get a $5 psn credit code. Just say you have a ps4 if the creator of the game asks you

The game is pretty cool too.

Some other guy gave me one. He stopped me out nowhere and was like, "Sir. What if I told you...that you could have $5 for the playstation network?"

Weird!

I am so confused. A person just showed up with a megaphone to Condor line, said something about Gamergate and cookies. On one hand, if I heard him correctly, he's a gater; on the other hand, he did not sound serious.

AgeEighty

I'm only there for one day this year, which is tomorrow. I'm for sure going to the FFXIV panel, which will leave only about half the day to check out the show floor. I want to wait for Splatoon, and Crescent Bay, and probably other stuff, but I won't get all of it in. Ugh.

Last year I had little to do on Sunday and wasn't sure I'd need to go all three days this year. This year, of course, Nintendo returns and there's more than I can pack into one day.

Splatoon line takes about an hour and change. The problem is they cap it pretty quick so you have to keep coming back to see if they opened it

Now we are at the table immediately on the left when you walk in

They are carding so 21+ bring your passport is you have to.

Tawpgun

Well shit. The passes I was supposed to get in the mail fell through.

Meaning I never recieved them.... If anyone is giving away/selling or knows anyone giving away or selling Saturday or Sunday passes shoot me a PM

Jhoan

Any GAF members who want a chance to see the Giant Bomb panel, I urge you to get down to Albatross ASAP before it gets capped because it WILL get capped. No, I cannot give any perks to GAF members so you will have to get in the back of the line unless you have a medical badge.

Tom_Cody

Can anyone give me the scoop on Capcom's and Nintendo's booths? Specifically what they have for sale?

I'm just rolling into Boston now and I'm trying to plan my day tomorrow.

Had fun at day 1. I don't have a Saturday badge so I won't be back until Sunday. I'm gonna make it my goal to play Splatoon, but other than that I think I'll just play Halo 5 all day Sunday.

m@cross

Interesting day one, some thoughts.

Def. a lot less big games and developers. A ton more smaller ones. Some really cool small games I hadn't seen before and am now looking forward to. If you are into games you'll probably love it. If you are only into games with giant budgets, you'll probably like it less.

Seems like the non-electronic game section is bigger this year, some cool games there.

I am hoping the reduction I am seeing is due to GDC overlap and not a sign of less industry support at the event.

If I was asked the one small game that is a must see, I'd have to say Moon Hunters by Kitfox games. Up to 4 person over head adventure game, does a lot of interesting things with he idea, I really love the direction it is going.

Dragon Fin Soup probably gets my runner up simply for the setting and story.

My LTTP has to be Bastion. Really great game, looking forward to it on PS4.

Amplitude is coming along, I suck at it, but it will be fun.

Tomorrow I am going to try to get some time with FF Type 0

Any GAF members who want a chance to see the Giant Bomb panel, I urge you to get down to Albatross ASAP before it gets capped because it WILL get capped. No, I cannot give any perks to GAF members so you will have to get in the back of the line unless you have a medical badge.

When you're done come to Atlantic beer garden

The pitchers are free flowing

Top Bottom