• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

Thank you for clearing that up.

im also catching up to your previous posts in this thread Act. Can you answer some of these questions:

Are they still using the gyro assisted control scheme for aiming in Splatoon? And did you managed to hear people giving impressions about this?

Since the Splatoon lines are so big. What type of gamer is been atracted to it? The traditional Nintendo fan or do you think the appeal of the game is reaching other less traditional demographics for the company?

Yes
No
I'm not sure. I didn't really ask around because I was clearing StreetPasses the entire time. General mix of people, but I don't know how many were longtime Nintendo fans. Lots of older teens and young adults. A lot of people were asking about the line though.

Jhoan

Finally ready to head out. Heard E-hall is full. I'll be around with a back messenger bag and the clothes I posted I above. Around 2:30 or so I'm possibly gonna go to Albatross to see if they need any extra hands before my shift begins.

In line for Splaoon!

IRu2Vi.jpg

If anyone here can do me a solid and pick up a Bastion pin for me at the Supergiant Games booth I'd be super thankful. I'd ask for a LE 2015 Pax East pin but I have no idea if that's hard to get or not..

Sold that extra badge I mentioned earlier

I want build a PC asap when I get home to play lovely planet and catlateral damage!

ZeroEdge

Chilling in line for the Final Fantasy XV presser. So far seen some cool stuff but nothing that made me want to wait multiple hours to play for a few minute demo. My street pass count is going through the roof though :)

Oh yeah also met the Dorito's Pope at lunch actually seemed cool he took a few mins to say hi and talk about PAX.

Frostburn

Oh. I'm in the VR line I guess. Nobody mentioned there was a difference.

Did you do the preregistration from the Oculus app? Just wondering if they are even taking people who didn't sign up that way or if even after you sign up for a time slot you still wait 2+ hours

Gowans

I really need to get my arse in gear and get to a PAX.

If anyone wants to grab me a smite code at the Hi Rez booth for the Xbox alpha I will love you forever ;)

Last year there was an import games shop. Anyone seen that this yr. I wanna see if I can et some games for my Japanese new 3ds.

Place is so freaken packed, I barely got to play anything I wanted to :(

However, everything I did get to check out was sweet except the steam box. That controller is impossible to use...

In line for the steam controller now.

Splatoon was a lot of fun. I was with a group of five and we were split up on different teams. Makes me wish it was slit screen.

There are two different control schemes. The training stage you first play has tilt controls for the paint. I quickly switched it to the right analog stick when the match started.

Everyone in our group enjoyed it and thought it was fun. Will definitely keep an eye on it.

I'm chilling near the bathrooms in the lobby charging my phone if you want to hang for a bit before heading over to whiskey priest

Sober

Gonna try to grab a seat in a 8-9 panel, so I'll be there a little later. Hopefully WP won't be too busy?

Frostburn

I'll have a dark grey coat with a 2015 Red PAX scarf on and my wife will have a light grey coat with a dark grey and black beanie on. About to head down to the T station and hop on the red line.

Quotient

I just got back from PAX. It was a good show, though i am very disappointed i missed the Witcher 3 panel. I got to the show at 10am, but lost track of time and missed the panel - who has a panel at 10:30am?!

Headed to the bar now. Auburn Uni shirt backwards Sox hat. Also Nefarious Bredd (butchered his gaf name) Virginia Hat, Pitt Uni backpack

There's a line for whiskey priest but it's moving. If it turns into standstill let me know and I'll try to figure something out

Jhoan

Also in line for final fantasy

The hype is real lol

Its pretty long, dunno when they will cap it

Chilling in line for the Final Fantasy XV presser. So far seen some cool stuff but nothing that made me want to wait multiple hours to play for a few minute demo. My street pass count is going through the roof though :)

Oh yeah also met the Dorito's Pope at lunch actually seemed cool he took a few mins to say hi and talk about PAX.
In some capacity or another, both of you probably saw me obliviously because I was there. Hopefully you guys got posters with stickers for free swag.

I'm still working so if anyone is at Whiskey Priest I might be late. Gotta check in with one of my managers after this Q&A is done.

Coda

Should be good now. Splatoon. Love taking 60 FPS videos at PAX. I took one of Mario dancing yesterday.

In some capacity or another, both of you probably saw me obliviously because I was there. Hopefully you guys got posters with stickers for free swag.

I'm still working so if anyone is at Whiskey Priest I might be late. Gotta check in with one of my managers after this Q&A is done.

I think I saw you but I wasn't sure is it was you. You were directing people at the back right?

We'll be at whiskey all night I think

Top Bottom