• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

Favorite game of the show was Eve Valkirie running off of DK2 at the Intel booth.

As I was dogfighting and trying to maneuver my ship I could look around and get a better view of the enemy ships. So cool.

There's a clear difference in quality though between DK2 and Crecent Bay. I asked them when they would release the game and they said they don't have a date, but are expecting to release it when the rift comes out.

What has been everyone else's fame of the show so far?

Favorite game of the show was Eve Valkirie running off of DK2 at the Intel booth.

As I was dogfighting and trying to maneuver my ship I could look around and get a better view of the enemy ships. So cool.

There's a clear difference in quality though between DK2 and Crecent Bay. I asked them when they would release the game and they said they don't have a date, but are expecting to release it when the rift comes out.

Hands down Eve Valkyrie is game of the show. I can't imagine how good it will be on crescent bay which was amazing. Splitoon is my number 2.

For the new page, we have an area near the middle of the bar we're taking over. Look for a Patriots winter hat.

Splatoon Game of Show for me so far

Jhoan

I think I saw you but I wasn't sure is it was you. You were directing people at the back right?

We'll be at whiskey all night I think
Yup, at about 2:30 I was there with a female Enforcer holding down the rear.

I'm still on shift. Duty calls. :(

There's no reason this capcom merch line should be more then 10 minutes , just say what you want , pay and leave 0_o

Whoa got lucky and got the last service droid hat from mega man
Also bought the mega man blaster for $80

I gotta stop spending money on stupid shit

I met somebody today ;)

Also, more PAX East 2015 coverage:

Killer Instinct Panel (Full) - here
Interview with Eitan Glinert from Fire Hose Games (20XX) - here
Hands on with 20XX - here
Interview with Iron Galaxy's Alex Jebailey - here
PAX East 2015 Cosplay gallery - here
PAX East 2015 Exhibition (Show) floor gallery - here
PAX East 2015 - Interview with Slick Entertainment on Viking Squad - here
PAX East 2015 - Interview with Adult Swim Games - here
PAX East 2015 - Forced 2: The Rush interview - here
PAX East 2015 - Interview with SkreensTV - here

m@cross

Day two;
FF Type 0, not good
Bro Force, very good
New Tearaway, very good
Steam controller, aweful
DnD 5th edition, good
Chive card game, ok
Dragon Fin Soup, very good
Valhalla, unsure still
Moon Hunters, top game
Bastion, really good

Jhoan

I'm officially relieved for the day. Literally sitting on the floor at the DayZ panel charging my phone. Never played the game so not really paying attention to it. This has a very low turn out; 150ish people or so. Plans are pretty much wide open at this point but plan on sticking at the con for another half hour or so. Might meet up with a girl here depending if she replies and end up joining you guys at some point since all my roommates went back to the hotel.

robotrock

Banned
Did any of you guys get the red sticker at the FF15 panel? Because I totally did!

It entitled me to the choice of a chibi figure of the main character, or a hardcover book of postcards that's totally basically an artbook.

I went with the postcard book.

11035610_10152832847378473_7971144540344569205_n.jpg

Mega Ran and I at Pax East.

KDC720

Second time at PAX, had a pretty great day overall.

-Got to play lots of great indie games.

-Won some free STEAM keys for "Brawlhalla" and "Toto Temple Deluxe".

-Ran into Matt and Woolie of TBFP

-Went to the Cinemassacre Panel, which turned into a live episode of James and Mike.

I was certainly far more productive than last year, great games, great people, great atmosphere, can't wait to go again next year.

Jhoan

To reiterate plans, Westin to meet up with the girl at the Game Night, then Whiskey Priest. If the former is boring, I'm gonna bail early and over there. Strangely enough I find myself compelled to stay for the end of this panel but I'm about to unplug my phone and get moving.

ohkay

Overwatch is amazing. It might have helped that I had a group that was vocal, working together and just having a blast in general but I'm really looking forward to this now

robotrock

Banned
Overwatch is amazing. It might have helped that I had a group that was vocal, working together and just having a blast in general but I'm really looking forward to this now

I found myself going over there pretty often to look at the live gameplay. Absolutely love how fluid and colorful the game looks. Gunplay seemed real meaty with that cowboy guy.

Jhoan

I'm on my way over to Whiskey Priest now. Be there pretty soon since I'm on the World Trade Center bridge. ETA 6 mins.

Day two;
Dragon Fin Soup, very good
I'm so happy to hear this as I've been anticipating this title for some time now.

Can u elaborate? Impressions? And more specifically has the voice over been improved? The one from the reveal trailer really sucked but I think it was just a place holder.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the meetup. It was a blast!

Some of us are going to do a post-PAX dinner at Hot Pot Buffet in Chinatown. Meet up in the lobby after the expo hall closes at 6PM.

I'll be wearing a lot of New England Revolution gear tomorrow so I should stand out.

Clearos

Sorry never made it to WP.

Dark horse but the Dark Nexus Arena (WH 40k Moba) was my game of pax. Very early development but the devs were very talkative and I think it is a good mix of Smite & League of Legends.

Tennolive2015 got me back into Warframe.
Moon Hunters has a lot of potential.
Mayan Death Robots is my new local multiplayer
Ironcast is an amazing puzzler and a day 1 purchase on steam.

Grotar

Sorry never made it to WP.

Dark horse but the Dark Nexus Arena (WH 40k Moba) was my game of pax. Very early development but the devs were very talkative and I think it is a good mix of Smite & League of Legends.

Hey could you post more info, actually pretty much everything about the game :) ?

Kilrathi

Networking and meeting up/catching up with fellow developers from past events

Networking and meeting up/catching up with fellow developers from past events

Come say hi to me at the Neon the Ninja booth! I'd love to meet another developer/GAF user.

Actually, I'm inviting all GAF people in this thread to come talk to me at the Neon the Ninja booth. It's behind the Capcom booth, for reference.

As for my favorite things of the show:
1. Duck Game
2. Soda Drinker Pro
3. Axiom Verge

Edwardo

Come say hi to me at the Neon the Ninja booth! I'd love to meet another developer/GAF user.

Actually, I'm inviting all GAF people in this thread to come talk to me at the Neon the Ninja booth. It's behind the Capcom booth, for reference.

As for my favorite things of the show:
1. Duck Game
2. Soda Drinker Pro
3. Axiom Verge

Lol I bought a soda from the Soda Drinker Pro ppl.

SOME-MIST

anyone get to try out the armikrog beta demo? I've been anxiously waiting for a video of it since pencil test studios still hasn't sent out the beta download to backers.

Jhoan

Just woke up. Gonna shower and head out to make it to the PAXmania panel. Afterwards, I'm gonna be in the floor for a bit before my shift trying to do some last minute swag running/playing.

Orcs Must Die Unchained is my surprise of the convention so far. Game is a blast. Also tried the new Occulus Rift model and it was amazing. Day 3 here and I feel like its still not enough time.

Top Bottom