• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2014 Thread: Meet-up details in OP

Lexxon

Badges haven't even shipped for me yet.

I think the canucks are shipping first. East Coaster here, haven't seen mine ship.

Gil, I've been getting into tabletop a lot the last few months (a weird mix of games, from really light games to heavy-ish Euros) so I may be interested in some smaller-scale Tabletop. I don't know how the main lobby is at Prime, but East's is very loud and hard to get some longer/more in depth games in.

Firestorm

Maybe my passes will be waiting for me when I get home today too! Unfortunately I'll be leaving Saturday night so I have to miss the GAF meetup this year :(

krae_man

As I was walking home I saw the DHL guy turn down my street so I double timed it and met up with him as he got out of his van. Glad I got off work early today. DHL has squat for pickup locations. The closest one is in Ayr or something that stupid.

kairu

I wasn't able to get tickets in time, but am going to Seattle anyway to see if I can maybe secure some in other ways or at the door. Does anyone know if this will work or should I try stubhub or something?

riotous

Banned
I wasn't able to get tickets in time, but am going to Seattle anyway to see if I can maybe secure some in other ways or at the door. Does anyone know if this will work or should I try stubhub or something?

There are loads of people outside hawking tickets.. pro scalpers will be there first thing in the morning. As the day wears on lots of people leaving offer up badges; although a lot of them get sold to the pro scalpers.

Either way; I'd be surprised if anyone wanting to attend PAX had to stand outside for more than 20 minutes to get themselves a pass.

Flip4k

You'll be fine. Plenty of people scalping outside and CL ads with people selling extras.

kairu

There are loads of people outside hawking tickets.. pro scalpers will be there first thing in the morning.

You'll be fine. Plenty of people scalping outside and CL ads with people selling extras.

Thanks! Was starting to get nervous, but it sounds like it wont be a problem. If anyone has extras I am willing to purchase 2 sets of tickets for Friday, Sat, Sun

Edit: Girlfriend somehow managed to get herself a 4 day. I just need a set for myself. If anyone has an extra please PM!

Hey all,

Hoping this is the right place to sell them - if not, can someone direct me to the correct thread?

I had a friend bail, so I have FOUR (Fri-Mon) badges that I would like to sell at FACE VALUE. I believe they were $35 a pop. I want to sell them together, and I want to sell them to someone who would really like to go (who is NOT going to buy them and turn around and sell them marked up).

If interested, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Psykoboy2

Got my tickets this weekend!

It seems they've been rather behind on a lot of things for Prime. The next thing I'm waiting for is a schedule to be posted. Feels like we're way overdue on that information.

krae_man

Got my tickets this weekend!

It seems they've been rather behind on a lot of things for Prime. The next thing I'm waiting for is a schedule to be posted. Feels like we're way overdue on that information.

Schedule went up on Aug 5th last year which was a Monday. I'm guessing today it goes up and it's only a week late.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Well got my Monday ticket today. I still need Fri, Sat, and Sunday tickets. I'm hoping I don't have to overspend to get those again this year.

A lot of great stuff. That Volition panel sounds like a ton of fun - especially if they're actually going to reveal Saints Row 5 (Or as it needs to be titled, 5aint5 RoVV FiVe, the Vs are Roman Numberal Fives.). Glad I'm going for three full days this year - I'll need it to take everything in.

jediyoshi

And suddenly Sunday became the busiest day.

Between the Gearbox and Destiny panels, looks like I'm gonna have to pass Idle Thumbs again this year.

Giant Bomb and Acquisitions Inc panels overlapping on Saturday is a bummer too.

krae_man

When works good for the GAF Meetup?

After Giant Bomb on Saturday? Sunday evening? Any opinions?

Edit: what's with the 13+ Panels? Did some parent complain their kid was subjected to swears? How many people under 12 where there without an adult in the first place?

Patryn

When works good for the GAF Meetup?

After Giant Bomb on Saturday? Sunday evening? Any opinions?

Edit: what's with the 13+ Panels? Did some parent complain their kid was subjected to swears? How many people under 12 where there without an adult in the first place?

I think the 13+ is a good idea. I definitely see a lot of kids at PAX, and I can see it being useful for parents.

I doubt that they're going to be enforcing it at the door. It's just more information for parents.

Why some of the panels are marked that is a mystery though. The History of Tetris is really 13+? Seriously?

riotous

Banned
So I have 3 total ShowClix orders for badges.

Got zero shipping confirmation emails.

Got an envelope yesterday with 2 of my orders, no receipt or anything just the badges.

No way to even look up why the third order didn't ship.

I'll be there Friday and Sunday, maybe Monday if I can swap my extra Friday ticket.

EDIT: I'll also sell my Friday pass if anyone needs one.

DrDogg

E3 and TGS are media-focused conferences. They exist for the media, retail buyers and developers. Technically, the average consumer isn't even supposed to be able to go to E3.

PAX is a consumer-focused conference. It exists for the average person who isn't in the media or works in the industry.

PAX Prime especially plays really close to the fire code, so it makes sense that they'd rather limit media, their secondary audience, in favor of getting some more normal con-goers in.

Lord knows it's difficult enough getting passes already. Any additional media passes would mean fewer regular passes available.

I'm okay with that, but the site never made mention of the limit until they were at capacity. At least I didn't see any mention of it when I was looking into what was needed for a media badge. I went back to register and suddenly I see it's at capacity. Not cool...

So, what are my options for trying to snag a Saturday ticket, PAXGAF? Is scalping a viable option? Do I just hope one goes up on the BST thread? Any other ideas?

Patryn

So, what are my options for trying to snag a Saturday ticket, PAXGAF? Is scalping a viable option? Do I just hope one goes up on the BST thread? Any other ideas?

Plenty of scalpers in front of the Convention Center. Just make sure you verify the pass with the Enforcers before purchasing (there's a booth setup that will do it for you).

krae_man

Really PAX, 3 panels I want to go to at the same time? That's not nice. I need to learn how to cell divide.

I think the 13+ is a good idea. I definitely see a lot of kids at PAX, and I can see it being useful for parents.

I doubt that they're going to be enforcing it at the door. It's just more information for parents.

Why some of the panels are marked that is a mystery though. The History of Tetris is really 13+? Seriously?

Alexey Pajitnov must be a total potty mouth.

Mully

I'm debating on whether or not I should skip the GB panel to see the storytelling panel that finishes at the start of the GB one.

Patryn

Have they yet said anything about streaming? I'm assuming the Main Theater will be streamed. Anything else?

As one of the unfortunate masses unable to go this year due to other plans, I'd like to catch a little of it from home.

krae_man

So can I get a count of who is all going to PAX?

Also any feedback on what day to do the GAF meetup?

Sunday night?

Saturday night after Giant Bomb?

Friday Night? etc.

riotous

Banned
PAX's ticketing support is pretty bad. I sent them a fairly detailed email yesterday AM and they quickly got back to me with a non-answer to my questions. Day later, no response.. so I emailed again this morning, no response.

Still wondering if I'm going to get all of the tickets I ordered.

An actual invoice or receipt in the package they sent would have been helpful (and fulfilled the incredibly basic requirements of doing commerce with someone over the internet.)

kairu

So I ordered tickets on Ebay. The seller sent them 2 day priority and on wednesday the tracking said that they were in a city 15 miles away. But were out for delivery. Uhh... Wed night at 11pm the tracking changed to "Delivery status not updated".

Its been 3 days since then with no tracking updates. I've called the post office customer service, and the post office of the city that attempted the delivery. Neither seems to know what happened or where the package is.

The ebay seller says that they printed out the address directly from ebay, so it wasn't an address error.

Only 2 weeks left for this to get sorted out. Fuck.

creid

So I ordered tickets on Ebay. The seller sent them 2 day priority and on wednesday the tracking said that they were in a city 15 miles away. But were out for delivery. Uhh... Wed night at 11pm the tracking changed to "Delivery status not updated".

Its been 3 days since then with no tracking updates. I've called the post office customer service, and the post office of the city that attempted the delivery. Neither seems to know what happened or where the package is.

The ebay seller says that they printed out the address directly from ebay, so it wasn't an address error.

Only 2 weeks left for this to get sorted out. Fuck.
In my experience, online tracking for USPS is inaccurate. I had a package that online tracking claimed was delivered, but it wasn't. I called the PO, they said they'd look into it and call me back. They never did call me back, but it just randomly arrived a few days later. Do keep on top of it, but be aware that it's probably just still on its way.

Moofers

I'll be attending Saturday only. Really looking forward to it! Spending the day in the exhibition hall at all the big booths.

Patryn

I'll be attending Saturday only. Really looking forward to it! Spending the day in the exhibition hall at all the big booths.

Good luck. Big games can have multi-hour lines, so it's unlikely you'll be able to play all the big games in one day.

Moofers

Good luck. Big games can have multi-hour lines, so it's unlikely you'll be able to play all the big games in one day.
Not my first rodeo. The lines are 2 hrs max. I played Titanfall twice last year and waited 1hr 15min and then just 40mins. Killzone was about an hour. Longest wait was for TLOU autographs at 2 hours and they asked us to keep our questions short because the fuckers at the front of the line apparently did full interviews.

Blueblur1

I have Friday, Sunday and Monday passes (1 of each) that I want to sell at cost. (Can't go this year unfortunately.) PM me if interested.

_woLf

I feel like there aren't as many good parties this year. No Sega, no NCsoft, no EVE that I can see, no Twitch, etc, D:

Top Bottom