• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC game promos: The Division with Nvidia GPUs, Hitman with AMD GPUs and processors

Tovarisc

The-Division-Free-with-NVIDIA-GeForce.jpg

They have not run out of bucks just yet. But no doubt those things cost money.

First time seeing that picture. Interesting stuff. That sub-reddit has that poster tagged as confirmed NV employee so he basically was full of shit if official announcement for this campaign comes in day or two.

Kezen

Banned
First time seeing that picture. Interesting stuff. That sub-reddit has that poster tagged as confirmed NV employee so he basically was full of shit if official announcement for this campaign comes in day or two.
Maybe this is the last promo they'll do this year but I find this quite hard to believe. I also expect Far Cry Primal.

I doubt they really need those kinds of operations to sell GPUs. AAA stuff can be very demanding if you push settings anyway.

23qwerty

any chance this is anything like the Asus promos where all you need is the serial number and another number and you can redeem it even though you bought the card over a year ago

madjoki

That subreddit allows anyone to set any tag.

How does this usually work? There's a code that comes with the card that is then redeemed online for a game that depends on the current promo?

I know it was tomb raider until now with the nvidia cards!

Tovarisc

That subreddit allows anyone to set any tag.

Any decent mods of any sub that wants to be even remotely believable don't allow company tags, e.g. "Representing Nvidia officially", without confirmation. I'm not saying that sub and its mods bother with standards :b

any chance this is anything like the Asus promos where all you need is the serial number and another number and you can redeem it even though you bought the card over a year ago

I'm crossing my finger for that too....I got ROTTR and the season pass for AC:S with a 6 month old 970....Also if you try to get a code for ROTTR on the asus site it says that the site is under construction until the 17th, which should be the date they announce the new bundle. So here's me praying until that day xD

akenatone

i got a a gaming laptop with a 980m from amazon less than a month ago. should i contact amazon? or is there a code i can use on asus website?

Newegg customer support is the bomb. After I explained to them that I wasn't interested in Rise of the Tomb Raider and would prefer The Division, they just added a new order to my order history with Newegg's "The Division NVIDIA Gift" SKU and I got an email shortly after with a code for the game.

Top Bottom