• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC game promos: The Division with Nvidia GPUs, Hitman with AMD GPUs and processors

Tovarisc

I bet Hitman runs better in Nvidia. We already know the Division prefers AMD. What a wacky world we live in.

Do we? It was listed in known issues for CB of Division that NV GPU's may and do have graphical issues with it. It may have impacted performance.

madjoki

That only worked on ASUS nvidia cards, right? I bought an EVGA card recently and didn't bother trying those pages since it requires you to get a number from the bottom of the video card, and I didn't want to pop out my new card especially since I figured as an EVGA it wouldn't have the right number.

Yeah, Asus only. Each manufacturer has their own process and usually require receipt scan and is manually checked.

http://au.evga.com/articles/00977/Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider/

Crisium

I bet Hitman runs better in Nvidia. We already know the Division prefers AMD. What a wacky world we live in.

Interestingly enough, AMD is claiming only their cards support Async Compute for the DX12 path for Hitman:

http://www.pureoverclock.com/2016/02/hitman-taking-a-contract-on-asynchronous-shaders/

AMD:
Hitman will leverage unique DX12 hardware found in only AMD Radeon GPUs—called asynchronous compute engines—to handle heavier workloads and better image quality without compromising performance. PC gamers may have heard of asynchronous compute already, and Hitman demonstrates the best implementation of this exciting technology yet. By unlocking performance in GPUs and processors that couldn’t be touched in DirectX 11, gamers can get new performance out of the hardware they already own.

Could be mostly marketing, or it could be meaningful. Gotta wait for the benchmarks I suppose.

I found a leaked photo of the comparison of Nvidia Hairworks so I'm hoping this runs better than this
hN1nZfV.jpg

Man the eyebrow hair looks so much better

Scratch

i ordered my gtx 970 from amazon a few days ago and called them regarding the promotion. as far as i can tell, they were happy to change the promotion from TR to the Division.

longdi

Banned
The Division will also be bundled with Logitech G series mechanical keyboards.
Best time to get one and the new G810 looks classy if you are not into those 'gamer' looks

Flandy

I don't think I've actually ever paid full price for a AAA game on PC since I built mine. Everything is bundled so I get it for half off day 1 :lol

Syriel

I can be the source for the Hitman/AMD partnership if needed. The Hitman embargo is long over.

I had thought that was well known.

Square was using AMD PCs to demo Hitman at its press events. At the last round of demo events, AMD PR was also present, highlighting AMD hardware and talking about the partnership.

I don't know which specific cards are covered, but Hitman + AMD is certainly a promo thing.

slapnuts

Just a heads up.

Starting February 17th 2016, The Division will be bundled with GTX 970, 980, and 980 Ti cards, along with 970M or above notebooks/laptops.

Hitman will be bundled with R9 390/390X GPUs and FX 6000 and 8000 series processors.

The Division and Hitman codes on the cheap for everyone!

Source incoming.
Thanks for the heads up.

It's almost a given that nVidia will sponsor all major Ubi releases and have them use GameWorks. What's interesting is how Square is handling business. Hitman & Deus Ex MD are AMD sponsored (GPUOpen most probably?) and RoTR, which was previously full AMD sponsored, just went nVidia as well. Pure Hair (in house solution based on a precursor that was TressFX) and HBAO+ from nVidia.

Syriel

Wild Reddit rumors appear, alleged Nvidia employee says that there won't be game bundles after RoTR if it doesn't do really well because apparently Nvidia ran out of cash, or something.

"The money in our tables for game promotions have run out, we need to maximize our profits with RotTR in order to add another promotion."
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/452521/how_likely_are_nvidia_to_bundle_gtx_970_the/czuvy7c

Wonder if all those leaked codes selling for 99 cents each had any impact?

Kezen

Banned
Wild Reddit rumors appear, alleged Nvidia employee says that there won't be game bundles after RoTR if it doesn't do really well because apparently Nvidia ran out of cash, or something.

"The money in our tables for game promotions have run out, we need to maximize our profits with RotTR in order to add another promotion."
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/452521/how_likely_are_nvidia_to_bundle_gtx_970_the/czuvy7c

But what about The Division's Nvidia promo then ?

Top Bottom