• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gaming lettin' me down: Deus Ex: Human Revolution's atrocious stuttering bug

FOR FUCK SAKES!

PC gamin' lettin' me down yet again T__T

Just found out about "The Stuttering Issue" still on going with the PC version.

It's fucking bad and makes the game pretty much unplayable from a visual stand point. Pretty sad to as my notebook has no problem running it with DX11, everything up, at 720p

Guess I have to play my PS3 version.

Shit like this that makes me so fusterated sometimes as a PC gamer after all these years. Sure it's to be expected, but how to you fuck up the QA on a such a big title as this, especially when the PC version was so touted as being definitive. Got it's own proven studio and all.

Oh here's the video for reference

There's videos all over youtube

This is what i'm seeing and curious to see if it ever gets fixed as the damn community had to write a script to fix the issue that was permanently embedded in the GameByro/Oblivion/Fallout engine.

This is what I get for blind buying and having faith?

That reminds me of the issue, I have with Assassin's Creeed Brotherhood. I get similar stuttering in spots when I have any form of vsync enabled. The weird thing is, it seems to happen in the spots where, when vsync is disabled, the framerate is the highest.

Apparently, based on the article this situation, this Deus Ex problem doesn't seem to be vsync related.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
damn, that's bad stuttering, didn't have it.

but I guess you use Nvidia.

kinggroin

Banned
Isn't this an ati optomised title? Its BS, but the same thing happens more often than not against ati users with nvidia games.

Tattooth

This bug is really making me not want to play the game, I love Deus ex but I would rather wait for this bug to be fixed than try to complete it when it is stuttering and stopping like crazy.

I saw someone post on the OT that the devs are looking for a fix, which isn't surprising considering how quick they were to patch some of the other PC issues.

Durante

I don't think it's necessarily NV related: I have a GTX 460 and run everything on max, no stuttering problems at all. Playing with vsync and triple buffering.

Played the first half on a Geforce 275, second half on a GeForce 560GTX.

I had stuttering with the latter, but like others it disappeared after a few hours.

Evershade

I have a weird issue, when I play with DX11 on, I get random crashes and little green squares all over the screen, that requires restarting my PC.
And when I play on DX9, as that fixes the crashing problem, I get lots of stuttering, especially in the hub worlds. Using FRAPS the games runs at 60FPS, but will occasionally drop to 35 for a second.
Really annoying. Running GTX570 and 2600k @ 3.4GHz.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Running the game in dx9 , ssao on normal/medium, getting vomitinducing stuttering when going around corners and stuff. Nvidia here.

Durante

Keyser Soze said:
I just put games into my console, and play them. It is very easy.
*insert screenshot/framerate/input device comparison here*

Also, we don't need to put games anywhere :p

I think I noticed this yesterday. I'm in the tutorial level still -- interior, small room, completely undemanding. I've got 2 6950s in crossfire and a 2500k at 4.7ghz. So it should be no sweat. I only noticed it one time, but now I'll be looking out for it. Very irritating...

54-46!

4890, no problems.

Except for a few area transitions when you're coming out of a sewer or something similar that is.

54-46! said:
4890, no problems.

Except for a few area transitions when you're coming out of a sewer or something similar that is.

Same card, heaps of stutter D:

Playing with all the settings doesn't help either.

I got stuttering, crashes, freezing during cut scenes and loading, a no reticle on long range weapons glitch, a slow walking that wont go away unless you restart glitch, and an unable to click on menu items glitch.

-_-

460 no problems aside from some memory leaks around a fire drum and SteamSaves not syncing quick enough but once I did a restart it has been smooth sailing.

ASilva

Neo Member
I have a 2500k OC @ 4.5Ghz, 8Gb ram and a GTX 570 and had some stuttering (only when running) but not nearly as bad as the one in the video. Just about half-second stops sometimes. It only happened when running around so it didn't affect me that much.

Playing with everything maxed in DX11

mbmonk

Very wierd title. When a buggy game is realeased on console you don't get a rash of threads saying console gaming has let me down. It's the devs not the platform.

Top Bottom