• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gaming lettin' me down: Deus Ex: Human Revolution's atrocious stuttering bug

Dries

I also recieve minor stuttering. It's not as bad as those youtube vids, but it's kinda annoying. It happens to me when I walk around Detroit. The whole games runs 60fps op max everything. The framerate is still 60fps even when stuttering, that's so weird. Specs:

i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
ATI 6970 2GB
8 GB RAM
1920 x 1080

Will also try the fix listed above, but that's for dx9. What are the graphical differences between dx9 and 11?

Eusis

Keyser Soze said:
I just put games into my console, and play them. It is very easy.

You people need to move with the times
Actually, things are much easier than they were a decade plus ago, so "moving with the times" is a ridiculous notion. The issues with Deus Ex are (usually) the worst we have to face now, usually anything worse are for PC exclusive games anyway such as MMOs. Hell, I've pretty much learned to ignore the stuttering, though I'll be happy to see a patch come along.

... And this is coming from someone who generally favors consoles/handhelds. Pretty much the main reason I've been playing more on PC is because of how badly a solid PC port can trounce a console version on even two or three year old systems, and that some games like Deus Ex just FEEL more right on PC than console.

linko9

Just started this game, and I'm getting terrible stuttering in cutscenes. But only in cutscenes, gameplay is fine. Was a solution ever found to this problem? It's pretty maddening...

Top Bottom