• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Saganator

This thread brings back memories. I had to play most PC games while growing up on low settings. The shots from Hitman are exactly how I remember the game looking for me.

2014-07-19_00002.jpg

KKRT00

Damn, forgot about this thread. I'll make low settings 720p Ryse shots, maybe with some 70-80% upscaling in future, should be fun :)

I was about to say "man, I don't see anything wrong with any of these." And then I saw Shadows of Mordor. I'm not a graphic snob, but wowzers that does not look good.

Alasfree

What are your system specs?
And how do you run games at 384x216? First time I heard that. Usually, game's resolution can't get this low...
I have a i5 3470, 8Gb of ram and a 970.
The game has a resolution slider and 384x216 is the 20% of 1080p. Doesn't go lower than that sadly.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Someone give this man $20 to upgrade his GPU.

For real. I rememeber my GT220 playing Half Life 2 and Episodes at 1080p and maxed out, 60fps too three years ago.

The thing also played Crysis 1 at 720p everything minimum, maybe something on medium. It took it like a champ.

Unai

Ok, I decided to use GeDoSaTo to run in extremely low resolutions. The result was very funny.

10806319_901454039873032_6444602387378131351_n.jpg

10308875_901454456539657_1743612897004640525_n.jpg

I've linked a higher resolution one to comparison.

gelf

The ultra low res shots show to me that the simpler graphics of old games that were actually made for those resolutions look miles better then these modern games scaled down. All the detail becomes a muddy mess in a way basic low textured polygons don't quite as much.

On the other hand the pics from games on low settings but at a more modern resolution tell me that a lot of the time as long as I'm able to run at a semi decent res the rest of the settings are no big deal breaker baring those games that scale back to ridiculous amounts.

Gruso

The ultra low res shots show to me that the simpler graphics of old games that were actually made for those resolutions look miles better then these modern games scaled down. All the detail becomes a muddy mess in a way basic low textured polygons don't quite as much.

On the other hand the pics from games on low settings but at a more modern resolution tell me that a lot of the time as long as I'm able to run at a semi decent res the rest of the settings are no big deal breaker baring those games that scale back to ridiculous amounts.
Another factor in this thread is that a lot of people are taking shots at non-native res, which IMO is obfuscating what a game should really look like at those settings. I dropped my game res from 1080 to 720 for my shots. Running the game after this, upscaled to 1080, looks terrible. Interestingly, Arma 2 still spat out a 1280x720 screenshot, but Arma 3 produced an upscaled 1920x1080 shot, resulting in an effect like this one. I ended up having to run Arma 3 windowed to get two equivalent shots.

I can handle low settings, but the fuzz effect of non-native res kills me!

Top Bottom