• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Shoot'em Ups / Shmups / STGs Release Archive

Tain

Can anyone recommend any non bullet hell shooters from the shoot 'em up sale? I'm not a fan of those and prefer vertical shooters like the Raiden franchise. Games similar to Satazius are awesome as well, as I really liked that one.

Mushihimesama's original mode is less dense and a bit more Raiden-ish. I'd definitely check it out. Also DariusBurst AC.

Momentary

Banned
Valkyrius Prime was released a few days ago. It's pretty awesome. VERY under rated shmup. Great soundtrack and great gameplay. And it's not a bullet hell.

if you had to get three on the sale list which would you get - I kind of prefer more recent stuff though but if it's a super must have i'll get it, want to buy a bunch of schmups

Shaneus

This might not be true for every user but the final patch they put out for that game added a ton of graphical glitches that ruin the game and I don't think it'll ever be fixed.

There's a PS4 version with exclusive content called Jamestown Plus and it's fine, as far as know, but the PC version has been abandoned.
Oh shit, really? That's a shame to hear. Admittedly, it's been a really long time since I played it, but it was probably before that patch :/

Momentary

Banned
Everything's updated it looks like. If I missed some things let me know. I just noticed something called Starship Annihilator was released on STEAM recently. I'll get that thrown in there soon.

Momentary

Banned
I'm thinking about converting an arcade cabinet I have into a 1080p shooter cab, with a rotatable monitor. It'll probably be running steam.

What type of processor would be the maximum needed to power the computer? There's plenty of available duo core on the secondary market, but I'm thinking I might need an i3.

Any thoughts?

Momentary

Banned
I'm thinking about converting an arcade cabinet I have into a 1080p shooter cab, with a rotatable monitor. It'll probably be running steam.

What type of processor would be the maximum needed to power the computer? There's plenty of available duo core on the secondary market, but I'm thinking I might need an i3.

Any thoughts?

Here's a solid video from Linus Tech Tips on what CPU you should buy. This video is up to date by about 2 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toZ_t88bPBU

I personally would got with the i3 6100, but I always gotta get something with a little oomph. The 2 below it should be fine if all you're using it for is an arcade machine to run less demanding games.

Yeah it'll primarily be used for some sit down modern shooter fun, maybe some fighters. No emulation above mame level. I'll have a dreamcast onboard anyway for some older stuff.

I'll probably end up pairing it with a 1GB card, if any, and be good. Thanks for the video.

Momentary

Banned
Dogos has released.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/507050

header.jpg

Momentary

Banned
DARIUSBURST new DLC

https://www.twitch.tv/otakumode/v/89752517

Starts around 03:11:30

CAVE: Deathsmiles, Ketsui, DFK

Raizing: Terra Diver, Battle Garegga, Sorcerer Striker

In the video you also see the touch screen keyboard 15 minute crash glitch that plagues a lot of people on windows 10 laptops. Looks like they never fixed that error.

DoDonPachi Resurrection page is up on Steam, available 14th October.

Explore the complete DDPR experience with 8 different modes

1. Normal 1.5 - The original, refined game.
2. Normal 1.51 - A different scoring system and controls in this Cave Matsuri special version.
3. Arrange B - Play single stages in this highly customisable mode.
4. Arrange A (ver L) - A newly arranged mode with mechanics and a ship borrowed from DDP Blissful Death.
5. Novice - A crash course in bullet hell for newcomers!
6. Black Label - A new method of attack and a new final boss await!
7. Black Label Novice - Experience Black Label without the difficulty!
8. Black Label Arrange - Control the Tiger Schwert from KETSUI in the first international release for this mode!

Momentary

Banned
Really looking forward to Blue Revolver. From what I've experienced, chasing a high score in the game is fun and it has awesome sound design and amazing music.

Samaritan

What are some PC shooters that make use of a vertical monitor orientation? I recently got a new monitor that I can rotate and I've been wanting to try out some shooters on it for awhile.

ChryZ

What are some PC shooters that make use of a vertical monitor orientation? I recently got a new monitor that I can rotate and I've been wanting to try out some shooters on it for awhile.

- Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
- Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo
- Raiden IV: OverKill
- KAMUI
- Ikaruga
- Mushihimesama
- ESCHATOS
- JUDGEMENT SILVERSWORD - Resurrection -
- DELTAZEAL
- EXZEAL
- XIIZEAL
- Zenohell
- Zenodyne R
- Hitogata Happa
- Vector Strain
- Space Moth DX
- Danmaku Unlimited 2

Samaritan

- Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
- Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo
- KAMUI
- Ikaruga
- Mushihimesama
- ESCHATOS
- JUDGEMENT SILVERSWORD - Resurrection -
- DELTAZEAL
- EXZEAL
- XIIZEAL
- Zenohell
- Zenodyne R
- Hitogata Happa
- Vector Strain
- Space Moth DX
- Danmaku Unlimited 2

Perfect, thank you!

Momentary

Banned
If Blue Revolver, DBCS CAVE DLC, DDPR, AND Danmaku Unlimited 3 get released together this year... I'll probably die from a heart attack.

Haganeren

It's really too bad that list doesn't precise if a game is on Steam only or on GOG/Playism too.

I actually don't want to go to Steam but GOG/PLayism/other are fine to me (even PS4 or other console but that's not the good thread)... So i'm wondering if cool STGs are on PLayism/GOG, you know, not just "one cool shmup" but well known and liked shmups that are very representative of what is out nowadays.
I accept all kind of genre which could take that bill. (So an horizontal shooter, danmaku, vertical shooter, rail-shooter Starfox like, maybe some hybrid, i don't know)

Just a lot of diversity (i tend to only find danmaku game... Which i like but maybe something different ?), can someone help me ?

Haganeren

Yeah but... Isn't that some that you personally prefer or that enter my criteria ? ( An emblematic well-known shmup game recently released)

Haganeren

Hum, didn't knew about Mecha Ritz, that looks quite cool.

Yeah, i already have the rest, including Touhou which is... A serie of STG i really love actually... And Touhou 14 is the only one in the serie i actually have in the real physical CD i have bought in Japan, sweet memories...

Tizoc

I would check out Rive... not the same type of shooter, but it's pretty fun and feels awesome to play. Boss fights are pretty varied too.

I own Rive actually but I am playing other games atm so I can't start it atm ToT

Top Bottom