• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pedo-age: Is law your alpha et omega?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Alucrid said:
People also dumped their feces into the street from their second story window. Point is? Men marrying and fucking 14 year old girls back then was disgusting, as it would be now when held to our current standards.
Men marrying and have sex with 14 year olds was frowned upon back in the day? Is there any evidence of this?

I'm not saying you aren't right (I'm not exactly studied on this subject), but I thought I heard it was pretty common back in the day. Maybe I'm wrong.

selig

Banned
Alucrid said:
Men marrying and fucking 14 year old girls back then was disgusting, as it would be now when held to our current standards.

just so you know: 14 year olds are fucked even today. And it´s open to discussion to decide, if it´s better for a young girl to be fucked by a jackess 14 year old boy who starts going around the day after praising himself in front of his friends...

Alucrid

Banned
RubxQub said:
Men marrying and have sex with 14 year olds was frowned upon back in the day? Is there any evidence of this?

I'm not saying you aren't right (I'm not exactly studied on this subject), but I thought I heard it was pretty common back in the day. Maybe I'm wrong.

No back then it was common, but when we look back NOW it's pretty disgusting. That's why I'm saying that standards change.

edit: Oh, I thought you were trolling. But yeah, just because it was "acceptable" and even encouraged back then doesn't mean nowadays it's validated because it was performed in the past.

selig said:
just so you know: 14 year olds are fucked even today. And it´s open to discussion to decide, if it´s better for a young girl to be fucked by a jackess 14 year old boy who starts going around the day after praising himself in front of his friends...

I realize that, however that doesn't mean that I find that I myself desire to go out and fuck them. Better yet, how about a 14 year old girl not be fucked at all? I mean, having sex in 8th grade? Fucked up. At least wait until high school or some shit like that.

Depends on the girl, really. I prefer Asian girls and sometimes its tough to figure out if they're 16 or 22 just going by physical appearance.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Keep in mind people also only lived until they were like 35 years old back in the day, so really they had to get started as soon as possible.

RubxQub

Alucrid said:
No back then it was common, but when we look back NOW it's pretty disgusting. That's why I'm saying that standards change.
Oh totally, but what causes those standards to change, I wonder?

Religious folks? General opinion? Some tragic event? Medical reasons? What caused everyone to change their opinion on the subject over time in the first place?
Borgnine said:
Keep in mind people also only lived until they were like 35 years old back in the day, so really they had to get started as soon as possible.
This actually may be a good reason for what I ask above.

15 youngest for me probably. These bitches mature much more rapidly than they used to these days.

That doesn't mean I'm fiending for some 10th grade poon though.

I knew a lot of people smashing back when I was in middle school. It actually kinda disgusted me.

Neuromancer said:

:lol

Milk Lizard said:
Assuming you bothered clicking my profile, I am not.

(not that it's something I would do anyway, Glitter takes all the good ones, also i dont like that young girls... think 15 is about my limit which is also the law here ...)

Suck it.
Sorry I don't care enough to bother. Besides I was speaking to the group at large, not just you. Edit: There I edited it, to avoid further confusion on your part.

effingvic said:
15 youngest for me probably. These bitches mature much more rapidly than they used to these days.
Wow

I wouldn't have sex with a girl below the age of 18 knowingly.

Honestly, I can't imagine ever being in a situation where I'd be close enough to a 14 or 15 year old girl to even get close to wanting to bang her. I'll never see them at clubs, never see them at bars, never see them at any real parties, all of my close relatives are out of High School already (out of college even), and at this point even my friend's sisters and shit are at least 18 years old. How would I even go about becoming friends with a 9th grader? That doesn't really make sense to me.

pslong009

Neo Member
Well, when I was a senior in high school, I was 18 and some of the freshmen were 14, so that probably would have been the only time I would have ever considered it.

But otherwise, given that I've always been in a culture where the age of consent was 16/18, I'd have a very difficult time thinking that I'd be okay with 14 year olds being the age of consent. If the culture was different and 14 had always been acceptable? Then maybe - I don't really know. Might be interesting to ask a citizen of one of those country's to see what their views are on it.

But my view on it now is not at all. No.

Alucrid

Banned
RubxQub said:

Religious folks? General opinion? Some tragic event? Medical reasons? What caused everyone to change their opinion on the subject over time in the first place?

Could be a number of factors. I don't know what they were or are, but something led us to the mindset we have today.

selig

Banned
RubxQub said:

what´s funny is that today´s young girls seem to actively persue to re-change this whole situation...at least looking at how they style themselves into pure sex objects from young age on.

Also, what kind of "back then" are we talking about when you say "died at 35? There were old people in medieval times. Of course, if you´re talking about cave men...lol

ATF487

I'm 20.

Most high school girls look like children to me now. I don't want to fuck children.

It's not about the law at all.

Alucrid said:
Could be a number of factors. I don't know what they were or are, but something led us to the mindset we have today.
Maybe the slow dawning of the realization that children are not emotionally capable of not being exploited when it comes to sex with adults? Crazy, I know.

RubxQub

selig said:
Also, what kind of "back then" are we talking about when you say "died at 35? There were old people in medieval times. Of course, if you´re talking about cave men...lol
I'm assuming we're talking about average age versus possible age. People will access to better hygiene and medicine due to means probably lived much longer than someone living off the land.

Before hygiene and medicine really took off, I guess?
Neuromancer said:
Maybe the slow dawning of the realization that children are not emotionally capable of not being exploited when it comes to sex with adults? Crazy, I know.
You seem to be having a hard time removing yourself from today's societal views and put yourself in the shoes of someone a long time ago that existed in the time when this wasn't frowned upon and children likely matured much more quickly out of necessity.

We're having a harmless discussion about how we got from then to now. There's nothing going on that's worth getting bothered about.

...as long as we all agree that effing kids is wrong in today's world, what's the harm is asking "how did we get here"?

Alucrid

Banned
Neuromancer said:

No doubt that your reason was one of many, but probably not the only one.

zoukka

It's a man's world. Of course men fucked young girls back when the sexes weren't even remotely equal in the eyes of law etc. And of course they do even today if they think they can get away with it.

It's just a sad fact. We are animals. You just need to fight it in your personal enviroment and try to forget the millions of kids that are taken advantage of around the world.

Nuke us from the orbit.jpg etc...

14 year old? Nah doesn't attract me. 16-17 year old maybe but I probably wouldn't date her because the younger people are the more stupid they tend to be (there are many exceptions though).

I certainly don't care about the guilt based american system where you are being seen as a monster if you have sex with a teen but the moment she/he turns 18 you're normal again. And because I'm not interested in it the less taboo it is for me so the less I want to do it. Personally I'm interested in more sexually and intellectually mature women because there's a chance for something better than just sex or hollow relationships.

RubxQub said:
You seem to be having a hard time removing yourself from today's societal views and put yourself in the shoes of someone a long time ago that existed in the time when this wasn't frowned upon and children likely matured much more quickly out of necessity.

We're having a harmless discussion about how we got from then to now. There's nothing going on that's worth getting bothered about.

...as long as we all agree that effing kids is wrong in today's world, what's the harm is asking "how did we get here"?
You're right, I do have a hard time trying to get in the mindset of wanting to have sex with a child. I don't think that means there's anything wrong with me though.

Edit: for the record I would consider a child to be a person of less than 18 years of age.

I can at least understand where ephebophiles are coming from. Mid to late teens bodies have hit physical maturity.

Pedophiles I don't get. Well, any interest in the prepubescent form I don't get.

jay

Neuromancer said:
You're right, I do have a hard time trying to get in the mindset of wanting to have sex with a child. I don't think that means there's anything wrong with me though.

I am not particularly interested in 14 year olds either but you should probably define "child."

Alucrid

Banned
Neuromancer said:

Cool your jets ace. In case you didn't notice I expressly said that I was on the side AGAINST having sex with a 14 year old.

anovice

Neo Member
Neuromancer said:

twister1.jpg

Neuromancer said:

You need buy a dictionary. You're confusing the meaning of a word as simple as "child". Noone's talking here about children.

jorma

is now taking requests
selig said:
Hey,

the swimsuit-sex topic made me think about that. In many, many topics where gaffers talk about age of consent, that´s always what it comes down to. Even with the ridiculous differences EVEN between states of the same USA, it seems to be everything that counts.

Well it's probably because we are socially conditioned to accept our own age of consent, and breaking that is very taboo, regardless of what that age is. Also, if i were to guess, the only thing that has always been unacceptable in any culture and era is having sex with a girl that has not had her period yet. Maybe that's why the ancient greeks had to settle for underage boys? =)

"The girlie's I like are underage Check it!"
-The Beastie Boys (1986)

Religious puritans, 20/20, 60 Minutes, and Politicians have turned the tide from, dudes that like young chicks are a little weird to, dudes that like young chicks are fucking sick perverts. If there's grass on the fields...am i right.

That said, hell no. If I wasn't married, my cut off would be 25. But, I wouldn't fault someone who's 20ish for finding a 16 year old doable.

Neo C.

Borgnine said:
Not entirely true. Most died at very young age, but when they are able to reach maturity, they could be very old before dying.
As a historian, I've seen cases where the people (=parents) tried to force laws which forbade the youth to marry before the age of 24 or some sick shit.:lol

Of course, women could die everytime they gave birth because the medicine was pretty shitty in medieval times.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I dont know if this is the way it works in the US as well, since I don't typically sleep with teenagers and therefor have never looked too hard into age of consent laws, but in Argentina and Chile, they have two ages. One age where you can legally have sex with a girl as long as her parents don't press charges, and another where nobody, parents included can say a damn thing about it. I believe its 14/18 here in Argentina.

Alucrid

Banned
Neo C. said:
Not entirely true. Most died at very young age, but when they are able to reach maturity, they could be very old before dying.
As a historian, I've seen cases where the people (=parents) tried to force laws which forbade the youth to marry before the age of 24 or some sick shit.:lol

Of course, women could die everytime they gave birth because the medicine was pretty shitty in medieval times.

We'll make some small incisions, drain a bucket of blood out of you and your humor's will be set straight again!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
RubxQub said:

This actually may be a good reason for what I ask above.

Society as a whole was also way different back then. Sex before marriage wasn't common, divorce practically didn't happen, and once a girl got married, her husband provided for her for the rest of her life.

Doesn't work like that today. If a teenager gets pregnant, she's pretty screwed.

Alucrid

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Society as a whole was also way different back then. Sex before marriage wasn't common, divorce practically didn't happen, and once a girl got married, her husband provided for her for the rest of her life.

Doesn't work like that today. If a teenager gets pregnant, she's pretty screwed.

Eh sometimes yes, sometimes no. I mean abortion if you're down with that, sometimes the parents take care of their grandchildren, adoption agencies, etc. Although a lot of times them getting pregnant as a teenager symbols them not having the greatest life beforehand.

fortified_concept said:
You need buy a dictionary. You're confusing the meaning of a word as simple as "child". Noone's talking here about children.
A child I think could be pretty easily defined as someone less than 18 years of age. That's when you're considered an adult in the US.

Milk Lizard said:
Dont bother with that guy, he is clearly retired.
What are you trying to say?

Alucrid said:
Cool your jets ace. In case you didn't notice I expressly said that I was on the side AGAINST having sex with a 14 year old.
I wasn't saying anything against you, just responding to what you said in a general way.

For my own legal well-being, I would never do a girl under my nations age of consent. As for having sex with girls in that age range, I would make that determination on the basis of their sexual development. If they have reached adolescence, bearing in my mind very few girls at that age do, then I would be fine with it.

I know a 35 year old that did a 16 year old about three times. No creampies though. She told him he was 18 the first time they did it. He figured "been there, done that" after she told him she was actually 16 and he did her 2-3 times after that.

fortified_concept said:
:lol WTF?
WTF indeed my friend. WTF indeed.

United States Law in reference to several laws involving sex with minors said:
As used in this section, the term "illicit sexual conduct" means (1) a sexual act (as defined in section 2246 [18 USCS § 2246]) with a person under 18 years of age that would be in violation of chapter 109A [18 USCS §§ 2241 et seq.] if the sexual act occurred in the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States; or (2) any commercial sex act (as defined in section 1591 [18 USCS § 1591]) with a person under 18 years of age.

Ferrio

Banned
methane47 said:
age/2 + 7

Man that means 7 is the cutoff.

I know a 35 year old that did a 16 year old about three times. No creampies though. She told him he was 18 the first time they did it. He figured "been there, done that" after she told him she was actually 16 and he did her 2-3 times after that.

Thanks for clarifying....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom