• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pedo-age: Is law your alpha et omega?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzyxxz

QuadCore said:
Old enough to be 7, old enough to be ate.

Old enough to drive, old enough to thrive

Old enough to talk, old enough for cock.

Old enough for toys, old enough for my boys.

Okay okay I'm done. :lol girlfriend and I thought these up

messed up and funny at same time.

sestrugen

I will silently leave this here....

baseball-field.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
When cherries turn red they're ripe for plucking, when girls turn 16 they're ready for fucking.

I'd go 18 without blinking an eye. That's college freshman age, so no problemo. A girl still going to highschool is probably automatically too young. In reality, I'd avoid anyone under 16 no matter what, and I can't really think I'd ever date or want to date anyone in highschool anyway.

BTW, unless I'm mistaken, Canada changed from 14 to 16 not all that long ago. I think it was a Conservative initiative. I always thought 14 was a good age though - not for older people looking to do younger, but so that teens can have sex without danger of legal prosecution for it.

[edit] Turns out there's an additional feature in the switch to 16 for the age of consent that allows 14-15 year olds to have sex with people within 5 years of themselves. That's probably the best solution right there - I didn't think they'd actually include something like a calculation in there!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If the age of consent was 14 where I lived I would not actively pursue 14 year olds. And I would turn down any advances if they were given. At the same token I would not condemn those who did pursue or accept advances from 14 year olds if it were completely legal.

Dipper145

Cereal KiIIer said:
Canada is also 14yo.
I hope you do know that this isn't true. Hopefully this realization won't make you suddenly realize you could be in a lot of trouble. Unless of course you are 16.

I'm fairly sure that the age of consent is 14 for people withing a couple years of each other. The real age of consent is 16, while the age of consent for anal sex is 18. Go figure.

I'd say it depends on the girl and their maturity level. I'm not too much older than a 16 year old (I'm 20-ish) that I could justify it if we got along really well. I don't think I could go younger than that, something seems a little weird about telling people that you're dating a 16 year old, let alone telling them they are 15, or 14.

jay

Neuromancer said:
Sorry if something I said offended you. No need to take things personally.

No the word 'child' is not explicitly used but 18 is the cutoff where you're considered legally an adult, anything under you would be considered a child.

Serious questions:

If the US changes the law and 17 becomes legal age, will your understanding of adulthood shift along with the law?

Do you find the idea of trying a minor as an adult wrong because the law specifies 18 as the proper age of adulthood, or is it acceptable because by definition if US law is deciding it it must be correct?

:lol at guys who only have sex with women who are mature and intelligent. Apparently, every guy only gets with girls that are marriage quality.

Girls are not mature at 18. There's a clear difference in maturity between a 18 year old girl and 35 year old guy.

jay said:
Serious questions:

If the US changes the law and 17 becomes legal age, will your understanding of adulthood shift along with the law?

Do you find the idea of trying a minor as an adult wrong because the law specifies 18 as the proper age of adulthood, or is it acceptable because by definition if US law is deciding it it must be correct?
You have to draw a line somewhere. I'm pretty comfortable drawing it at 18. Could it just as well be 17? Yeah I guess so. 16? Pushing it, I don't think so. 15? No way. And so on.

fortified_concept said:
Your definition of child is wrong and if the US law uses the same definition it's wrong too. Teens are not children. Using the US law as dogma to support your argument instead of using logic or knowledge bothers me that's why I insisted on it. Parroting stupid societal standards and definitions instead of thinking critically bothers me in general.

You could have said you agree with the US law on the age of consent. I would have disagreed but it's an opinion and I get it. But using a wrong definition because "the US law says so" and repeating it trying to make a point or accuse others of something is just stupid.
This is why I said we shouldn't keep discussing it. You get all upset and start making personal attacks. A teenager is basically a child as far as I'm concerned. Call me stupid all you want but that's what I believe.

iamblades

Every teenage girl I've ever known has been fucking stupid as hell, so I'll personally take a pass, but trying to set a hard cutoff age below which any sexual contact is immoral is completely impossible.

There are aggressive sexually experienced 14 year olds and 25 year old virgins, age doesn't really mean much in this area. People mature at different rates, both physically and mentally, so when deciding things like this, you have to look at it on a case by case basis. Sure the law has to have a number set in stone in order to protect the children who actually need protection, but this bullshit about treating anyone who even acknowledges that someone under 18 might be attractive like they are the worst type of sexual deviant imaginable is a bit over the top. Especially when you consider that was standard for the vast majority of human history. When you are lucky to live into your 30s, you don't wait till you are over 18 to make babies.

We are fortunate to live in an era where we can put off procreation until we are more ready, but I don't think it's logical to ostracize people for just doing what is natural without considering all the facets of each individual situation.

freddy

Banned
Anyone under 25 seems like a kid learning to walk in the world, these days. So in closing, run along son and go play and try not to think about things too much, ok? Oh and don't forget your jacket in case it gets cold.

Meh, IDK.

If I grew up in a world where the cut off was 12 then I guess I would . . . but if they were to cut it down to 12 TODAY then I don't think I could go lower then 16. :/

Coming from a 21 year old.

I'm 23, I would feel bad if I thought about fucking 17 year olds, despite 16 being the legal age here. The lowest I'd go is 19 but I'd prefer over 20.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
bjork said:
I think I'll stick to threads about weird dreams and such.

Anyway, as far as consent age goes... wtf at 9 on that chart. NINE? No way, no thanks.

I don't think those countries with 9 means 'hey, go and have sex with a 9 year old'. I think they are probably just putting a number in there as some kind of safety net. I'd imagine you'd still get prosecuted as a 30 year old having sex with a 10 year old under some rule or other.

Personally I agree with my wife, who things age limits enforced by law are stupid. They encourage threads like this, seeing age restrictions as a barrier. They are at best arbitrary - whats the difference between someone 17 years, 364 days old, and one who is 18? and at worst they encourage/pressure teens into having sex early - it adds to the forbidden nature of the act, right at a time when kids are rebelling against parents and rules.

they should either not have a legal age, or move to a system that doesn't reinforce a strict barrier - or move that barrier low enough so that most kids are already past that point by the time they start to be sexually aware or rebel against the rules - if you're already over the age, there's no pressure to beat it.

Future

As a dude, I'd bang any chick with a hot body...and that goes into the teens. Anything below 16 would have to be a freak of nature though cuz everyone that age looks like a kid to me. But I've seen plenty of 16 years with bodies women dream of

That said, would probably never do it just cuz young chicks like that are annoying as fuck. Law aside...Why would i want to be with a chick still in school with no real life experience. Guys that seek young chicks like that usually are just tryin to manipulate, cuz 90% of college chicks and older are gonna be hotter and better in almost every way. I can recognize a hot teen, but give me chicks in their 20s any day of the week

SmokyDave

I'm 29, the law in my country says I can bang 16 year olds but I couldn't see myself going below 18 and even then, she'd have to be pretty damn smoking.

pubba

I wonder how many of the mouth breathers in this thread who are saying they would bone a 14-16 year old have actually spent any time with one recently (or will have the chance to in the near future)

People this age are fucking MIND NUMBING. I weep for our youth. I don't want to fuck them.

And I have some knowledge in this area: I teach at an all girls school and am surrounded by teenage girls all day.

Oh the inanity!! Give me a late 20s/early 30s girls any day. After they have gone through the whole 'discovering who I am/angst' phase.

selig said:
Hey,

the swimsuit-sex topic made me think about that. In many, many topics where gaffers talk about age of consent, that´s always what it comes down to. Even with the ridiculous differences EVEN between states of the same USA, it seems to be everything that counts.

So, let me ask: If the law said age of consent was, let´s say, 14 years, would you do 14 year-olds?

Is it all about the law, or would you not dip below 16/18 (depending on your state). Or are you dipping below even now and don´t give a crap? Just yesterday I read that age of consent in Japan was 13 years, in Germany it´s afaik 14 (with limitations), so deciding such a personal, intimate issue only by law seems silly.

i couldn't do a 14 y/o. they're not really humans yet. 16? maybe, seen some 16 year olds w/ bodies of 21 y/o. the youngest i'd shag is 17. but considering the legal ramifications, i won't ever dip into under 18 territory.

Lord Phol

I've seen so many cases of shitholes in their 20-40s taking advantage of younger girls who are insecure and/or have bad self-esteem just to have sex with them, that it sickens me. There's something mentally wrong with people that old who can't get laid with others their age.
If i had the power I WOULD end the very lives of everyone of them, pick up freaking scythe and become death itself. The only thing stopping me would be the bullets of the cops when they find me eventully.

Fuck this world is fucked up.

Captain Sparrow said:
:lol at guys who only have sex with women who are mature and intelligent. Apparently, every guy only gets with girls that are marriage quality.

Girls are not mature at 18. There's a clear difference in maturity between a 18 year old girl and 35 year old guy.

:lol exactly. I'm like am I the only one who can give a fuck about how smart a chick is if I'm just fucking her? If she can suck some good dick, swallows, and knows not to neglect the balls; I can give 2 fucks if she's a genius or not

selig

Banned
bdizzle said:
:lol exactly. I'm like am I the only one who can give a fuck about how smart a chick is if I'm just fucking her? If she can suck some good dick, swallows, and knows not to neglect the balls; I can give 2 fucks if she's a genius or not

:lol

yeah, that´s why i earlier wrote to make a difference between dating and wanting to have sex with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom