• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Who Walk/Exist In Public While Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steejee

I think it sometimes looks a little ridiculous, but if you're doing it outdoors, then I'm fine with it. Just don't be filling up enclosed spaces with it.

This article goes into what does actually concern me with them: www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/vaping/ In short - very little research has been done on them, and some of the ingredients show signs of being bad for you (albeit nowhere as bad as tobacco). So while your (or my) stinky breath has been tested for hundreds of thousands of years and has well known ingredients and effects, the vapor from an ecig has not, so for the time being be polite and limit your experiment to your own lungs as best you can.

Had a boss who used to vape around the office. Now he's facing charges of sexual battery of a minor, believe it or not. Basically, don't vape.

Meh, id say it's more analogous to wearing strong perfume or cologne. No one actually blows vape hits in people's faces.

Actually, I thought of that after I posted and almost went back and edited. Actually, that's also a better comparison because the person wearing the cologne thinks it's a pleasant smell that nobody should object to.

I'm happy for people who vape that want to cut down on nicotine and cigarettes by doing so. What I'm not happy about is some vapists who choose to do so while walking in front of me, very close to building entryways, and inside enclosed spaces like public transit.

Do vaping communities (online, in shops, etc.) not try to self police this? It's incredibly annoying to get a blast of Froot Loops vape when I didn't want an invite in the first place.

Vaping while walking in front you. Lord forbid.

Meh, id say it's more analogous to wearing strong perfume or cologne. No one actually blows vape hits in people's faces.

No, it's more like walking up to someone and spraying the cologne as they walk by.

Some people are medically intolerant to scents. People who do it away from others isn't a big deal. If someone is going to be a vape bro, then it's an issue. Discrete, carry on. No one likes an e-coal roller.

Kyzer

Banned

Except someone inhaled it and blew it out of their mouth into your nose

I have no problem with vaping or even smoking but i understand the problem

soultron

Banned
Vaping while walking in front you. Lord forbid.
I have had people overtake while walking the same direction and then they hit their vape right as they pass me. It's shitty when they know there's someone behind them that will walk right into the cloud they leave behind.

Maybe these are the obnoxious dudes who burn at high wattage? This is a thing I'm just learning of in this thread.

Z..

Better than being a jerk.

There's nothing wrong with not liking a massive cloud of smoke or vapor hitting you even if it smells like cookie dough and unicorn farts.

Wanting it to be banned simply because a minority of people does not like it is silly, though, surely you realize this?
There's always gonna be some people who dislike something, no matter what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom