• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ |OT| Sword Art Otome

Shizuka

EEvSI8C.jpg

PypaQGJ.jpg

• Genre: Otome Visual Novel
  • Players: 1
  • Developer: Otomate / Idea Factory
  • Publisher: Aksys Games
  • Platforms: PlayStation Vita / PlayStation TV
  • Release date: April 28th 2017 (North America & Europe)
  • Rated M for Mature
  • Language: English
  • Audio: Japanese
  • VNDB listing

GfdpaKS.jpg

qS4V7PU.jpg

jl6k0q2.jpg

5lAQTPD.jpg

HRBpsr7.jpg

R1HSn6v.jpg

mUtVsSJ.jpg

f9OThUt.jpg

QapM3gZ.jpg

NrLGN8U.jpg

pSH65WG.jpg

Metacritic.

Opencritic.

n8gZx0W.jpg

Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ PS Vita Gameplay #1 (Prologue, Quest 1)

Screenshots to come.

55zfYFM.jpg

Thanks MidnightRain for another amazing collaboration, thanks the Otome Community for always keeping the discussion thriving and thanks Aksys for continuing to deliver great games for the #otomearmada!

Characters seem like they're pretty interesting! I love most video game isekai so this is right up my alley! <3

I just need to hope Best Buy actually sends my game cause they don't even have a release date or cover art for my preorder much less a shipping estimate.

Kirie

Great OT Shizuka and MidnightRain!

Very interested in hearing what people think of the game since I won't be able to pick it up until later, unfortunately

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Lovely OT. I skipped this, but received a copy of the Eng. ver so I may as well play it.

Just now noticed how worried the dude in the art looks. Wonder what's up there...
Money is tight so I probably won't get to play this until later, but I'll be looking forward to impressions!

Won't be buying this any time soon (and as such I'm eschewing a PAL copy I think, but I'm okay with that) but interested in reading impressions.

I am quite interested in the premise.

Reposting it, because I forgot about this thread (really nice one btw!):

For the physical versions, in NA it should be out in stores now, for EU folks, sit tight. There was a slight hiccup, but it'll be out soon.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/857991382820061185

You can get the EU version here:
http://www.365games.co.uk/playstation-vita-games/period-cube-shackles-of-amadeus-ps-vita-game

Or for germans:
http://www.shop4de.com/playstation-vita-games/period-cube-shackles-of-amadeus-ps-vita-game

I guess the run will be pretty limited like the EU version of Nonary Games.

Saphirax

I, uhh...finished two routes so far. Good news! It's not a complete dumpster fire.

Bad news - it's nothing special either.

Also, the romance sucks.

pariah164

I got my copy, but I also just got my Switch... the allure of Zelda is great. I will do write ups, but they may be slow.

pariah164

Brief first impressions:

- I miss Cardia already.

- Hiroya is already the best guy. Can I just pick him from the start?

- This art really is gorgeous.

pariah164

Sorry for the double.

Anyone got a walkthrough for this game? It really helped me to have one for Code Realize and Norn 9.

eefara

Oh man, I completely forgot that this was coming out this soon. And I haven't even played Code: Realize, yet. ;_; Will be sticking around for impressions!

Saphirax

... You okay?

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that other people will have to suffer through the same route.

There's one particular scene that is utterly deplorable. I don't think even Amnesia made me go 'what the fuck' out loud. Repeatedly.

pariah164

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that other people will have to suffer through the same route.

There's one particular scene that is utterly deplorable. I don't think even Amnesia made me go 'what the fuck' out loud. Repeatedly.
Shit.

I seem to be locked in Astrum's route, so...

Shizuka

Pls tell me.

Saphirax

Pls tell me.

Spoilers for Zain's route:

There's a particular scene where Zain sticks his hand inside Kazuha's chest in an attempt to apply a debuff on her in order to brainwash her so that she would be more compliant. On its own, it's just fucking creepy, but the entire event is described in such a way that makes it sound like he's raping her. It's beyond gross. Saying how he wants to be one with her, how he's inside of her and how warm she feels are just some of the examples of what he says/happens.

Nope.

Nope. Fuck that.

Linkura

Spoilers for Zain's route:

There's a particular scene where Zain sticks his hand inside Kazuha's chest in an attempt to apply a debuff on her in order to brainwash her so that she would be more compliant. On its own, it's just fucking creepy, but the entire event is described in such a way that makes it sound like he's raping her. It's beyond gross. Saying how he wants to be one with her, how he's inside of her and how warm she feels are just some of the examples of what he says/happens.

Nope.

Nope. Fuck that.

Yup, skipped Amnesia and I'm skipping this one too.

This girl acts like she's never seen a computer before.
I understand if she needs to learn MMO terms and what game servers are and whatnot but I assume "log in" is a pretty common term...

Saphirax

Finished the game.

I think I like Radius the best

Overall it was quite an average game; on the short side with some terrible lows and not enough highs to justify it.

Demento got half a route so I'm not even sure what to think of him. They didn't flesh him out during the 'RL' segments at all.

Two routes are absolute garbage and should never have been in the game to begin with. Or should I say two and a half because of Demento.

pariah164

Finished the game.

I think I like Radius the best

Overall it was quite an average game; on the short side with some terrible lows and not enough highs to justify it.

Demento got half a route so I'm not even sure what to think of him. They didn't flesh him out during the 'RL' segments at all.

Two routes are absolute garbage and should never have been in the game to begin with. Or should I say two and a half because of Demento.
Oof. It's not as good as Code: Realize or Sweet Fuse, but I'm liking it better than Norn9 at least. Still working on Astrum's route; about halfway through.

Hakuoki > Sweet Fuse > Code Realize > Amnesia > this > Norn9 for sure.

Zains Route was too uhhhhhh strange, Astrum seemed way too in love with MC from the get go, Radius is the best guy in the game

Top Bottom