• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds |OT| Ronin in the Streets, Samurai in the Sheets

Shizuka

12TxVgq.jpg

9dnYUCe.jpg

NBLdBlO.jpg

• Genre: Otome Visual Novel
  • Players: 1
  • Developer: Otomate / Idea Factory
  • Publisher: Idea Factory International
  • Platforms: PlayStation Vita / PlayStation TV
  • Release date: May 16th 2017 (North America & Europe)
  • Rated M for Mature
  • Language: English
  • Audio: Japanese
  • VNDB listing

Q3ps93u.jpg

eoA1tPN.jpg

H1BYj7d.jpg

bkc5fr9.jpg

KzshGWI.jpg

j7KI5n2.jpg

81o0QPV.jpg

ip3moie.jpg

b1MfCQ1.jpg

Bbng3PG.jpg

pAuo7Of.jpg

7akGhIq.jpg

k1eUFcd.jpg

dv53VHM.jpg

8F1UcbS.jpg

Metacritic.

Opencritic.

T5vz8My.jpg

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds PS Vita Gameplay #1 (Prologue)

Screenshots to come.

n9nAEvQ.jpg

Thanks MidnightRain for one more amazing collaboration, thanks Saphirax for the subtitle suggestion, thanks the Otome Community for always keeping the discussion thriving and thanks Idea Factory International for supporting the genre!

jzbluz

Good work on the OT. I decided to skip it until the second part is out, but I'll probably be around to hear people's opinion on the new guys.

Is this just a port of the original psp version?

It's an expansion with new routes.

Nice OT Shizuka. :)
Been playing this for review. Honestly it's the best rereleases of the game yet. Enough new content to justify buying again if you haven't played it since it first came out though the core of the game is the same.

Flandy

Good work on the OT. I decided to skip it until the second part is out, but I'll probably be around to hear people's opinion on the new guys.

It's an expansion with new routes.

Nice OT Shizuka. :)
Been playing this for review. Honestly it's the best rereleases of the game yet. Enough new content to justify buying again if you haven't played it since it first came out though the core of the game is the same.

I only played the psp version. How much new content has been added since then across the various versions?

Cackling at the OT title.

Given it's incomplete and I already own the previous version on 3DS, I'll hold off until the second part comes West.

Too busy with Fire Emblem and Utawarerumono anyway. Hopefully it sells well enough to encourage others to release more otome.

Nice OT Shizuka. The title is amazing, though aren't Ronin the wild ones? ;)

The fact that Shinpachi is finally a love option is very welcome but I'm gonna wait until the second half comes out before deciding whether to jump in again.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Nice title! Shouldn't it be the other way around, though...?

I was partial to "Bakumatzoh Ball Soup for the Soul", alas...!

Saphirax

:D!

I'm bummed we have to wait for the second part, but at the same time I'm excited to finally go through Hakuoki again.

Linkura

Do we have a count of exactly how many fucking Hakuoki games are out there?

I played the first on PSP and thought it was fine, but all of these rereleases and spin-offs with unclear titles completely turned me off playing more of the series. It's just exhausting to keep track of.

Shizuka

I played the first on PSP and thought it was fine, but all of these rereleases and spin-offs with unclear titles completely turned me off playing more of the series. It's just exhausting to keep track of.

Basically the same game: PSP, iOS, PS3 and 3DS.

Musou spin-off: PSP.

First part of the remake: Vita, PC.

Second part of the remake: Vita (upcoming), PC (inevitable).

Saphirax

Started on PS2. Got ported to PSP, 3DS, mobile, PS3, Steam, Vita and PS4 :p. Oh and there's a musou-like spinoff and another VN with a male protagonist. There's also Hakuoki AU - Sweet School Life.

If you want the best version just get the two Vita/Steam games - Kyoto Winds and Edo Blossoms (not out yet). Alternatively, if IFI ever brings the ps4 (which is a port of KW and EB on one disc) port that'll be the one to get.

Top Bottom