• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ |OT| Sword Art Otome

Yeah, the game is pretty short and suffers from it. Its structure is also a mess.
I honestly had no idea I locked into Astrum and was actively trying to be neutral with him. No buildup, just suddenly they're kissing and Astrum's arm is drawn weird.
Then the route ended with what I assume was a big twist.
Shiki is Zain which kinda sours me on Zain overall.

Saphirax

He's still young but I find a 14/16 relationship better than if Kazuha was, say, 19. Makes the college students who want to date her pretty creepy though.

Yeah. Wish Otomate would make the heroines 18 minimum, instead of 16. Nightshade had similar issues, but I tried ignoring that since the game was so good.

Shizuka

Zain's ending is worse than any bad ending in Corpse Party. I'd rather be buried alive than ending up with that guy. This is worse than Toma.

Linkura

Zain's ending is worse than any bad ending in Corpse Party. I'd rather be buried alive than ending up with that guy. This is worse than Toma.

Most of the bad endings in Corpse Party are great in their own way. I'm assuming you don't mean it like that.

Shizuka

Most of the bad endings in Corpse Party are great in their own way. I'm assuming you don't mean it like that.

It means I'd rather suffer a horrible death like the ones depicted on those endings than spend the rest of my life with Zain.

ShyMel

Started the game yesterday and less than an hour in one guy
is already watching the main character sleep.
Also I have to agree with the sentiment that I highly doubt that terms like "log in" need to be explained. I might be making a big assumption, but I would imagine the average otome fan knows what that and other basic tech terms are.

I've noticed a lot of otome games depict their heroines as ones that don't play video games and need all that basic shit explained to them (or they'll be like haha it's weird to play games) and it's like bitch... here we are, PLAYING A GAME. Maybe there's a lot of otome fans in Japan who are more casual with it but I find that whole thing baffling.

Hoooo boy this game. Had some cute moments but the low points were FUCKING LOW, as in those shitty 2.5 routes previously mentioned. Another thing that drove me insane was the battles and having to sit through those and having to waste a turn for each monster to go "RRRRGH". Then on top of that you have to have the game mechanics explained to you 5 different ways by five different people so even tho you're on your fourth time through because Poyopoyo is explaining it to you instead of Libera you have to read the same info you already knew because A) you aren't fucking stupid and B) the game has explained to you in painstaking detail what system messages are and how to join someone's party. They should have had Hiroya explain all that to you once in the beginning so you could just skip over it from then on.

The art was a bit all over the place for me personally. The colors were gorgeous but some of the sprites, particularly Demento's in-game sprites, were fucking atrocious with the faces and anatomy. Forte had better sprites than some actual love interests. Forte also overshadowed a lot of the love interests, I found myself wishing I could just pursue Jocus and Mergo and Sirent instead of who we had. Radius was cute but I actually liked him better outside of his own route... man. Still better than Norn9 and Ozmafia but I'll never replay this game, that's for sure. Just finishing up bad endings today to plat it.

Seriously. Radius felt like they said "I guess we need another character to wield one of the powerful swords" and made him based around that.
He was one of the prettier love interests imo but his story was snooze-worthy.

Seriously. Radius felt like they said "I guess we need another character to wield one of the powerful swords" and made him based around that.
He was one of the prettier love interests imo but his story was snooze-worthy.

Yes!! I was looking forward to his route and then it was just a total letdown. Though it was certainly better than Zain, who I had all of zero interest in (I was shocked to find out he was a route even tho he was in the intro lol)

Yes!! I was looking forward to his route and then it was just a total letdown. Though it was certainly better than Zain, who I had all of zero interest in (I was shocked to find out he was a route even tho he was in the intro lol)
When I read he was an NPC learning to love and about human emotion I was like YES that sounds super interesting!
But then he was a super gross dude (route spoilers ahead)
arguably largely due to the Shiki and Demento shenanigans that took place
and I got nothing I expected and what I got wasn't fun or cute at ALL.

ShyMel

Platinumed the game and I am so glad I'm done with. Kazuha's brother
is a creepy wackjob who causes people to die but faces no punishment as time is turned back so Kazuha doesn't get in the accident. And he gets his sister waifu. Demento gets off scott free as well but with a memory wipe instead of a time reversal in his route. And Zain just gets to take Demento's body over, which I feel is kinda weird that it changes to match Zain...somehow.
Overall I only cared cared for Radius and Hiroya's routes. Libera's route was average, Astrum was weird, and the other routes were yuck.

Platinumed the game and I am so glad I'm done with. Kazuha's brother
is a creepy wackjob who causes people to die but faces no punishment as time is turned back so Kazuha doesn't get in the accident. And he gets his sister waifu. Demento gets off scott free as well but with a memory wipe instead of a time reversal in his route. And Zain just gets to take Demento's body over, which I feel is kinda weird that it changes to match Zain...somehow.
Overall I only cared cared for Radius and Hiroya's routes. Libera's route was average, Astrum was weird, and the other routes were yuck.

Libera's route was more interesting than I'd expected because I was really dreading that one (zero interest in the character or women generally), but I actually liked Astrum's real-world persona.
He'd be awful in real life but his dorkiness was really endearing, much moreso than dorky-ass Astrum.
Radius
unfortunately was a bit boring in his own route, even though he's one of the cutest boys.
I agree with your assessments in the spoilers above. UGH.

Top Bottom