• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

long interview with Sarah about the finale and the season

Nothing revealed, except hyperbole and hype.
"You’re taught the movements and then you get about 5 maybe 10 minutes of rehearsal time and if you can’t do it the stunt person comes in. I’ve been able to do all my stunts but one, which was jumping out a window. After 6 hours of begging they still wouldn’t let me do it."

I guess a little bit of Shaw has rubbed off on her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"In the arm, through a brick wall, in the dark... You're welcome"

I can't handle so much badassery. Please tell me Shaw is a regular this season

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you're on S3, I believe you should check the opening credits.

I don't know the actress name :( just noticed she pops up in the opening along with Carter and Fusco tho, so I guess she is? Yay if so (I know Root is even tho she's not in the opening)

Speaking of Root, it's been said but... Root's crazy :p

Hopefully Zoe and Tao show up this season, haven't seen Zoe in awhile

I don't know the actress name :( just noticed she pops up in the opening along with Carter and Fusco tho, so I guess she is? Yay if so (I know Root is even tho she's not in the opening)
Root is in the opening too, but it's really quick and not as obvious at the beginning of the season.

Rhaknar

Ooh new villains it seems out of ep2

Edit: Zoe!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Shaw's actress name is Sarah.

And you could've just asked us, Rhaknar. But don't worry, whatever you heard was fake. I can confirm. Yes.

Rhaknar

Root locked up with them is a nice angle

Surely the end game for the show has to be the machine /A.I. going rogue/evil right?

Rhaknar

Yeah now I'm fucking pissed I saw the
Carter
spoiler on google, that was extremely well done and it would have surprised me to be honest. I hated the
kiss
tho, it felt completely out of place in my opinion

Also yeah Fusco choke his ass! :p

Rhaknar

The expression on his face during that scene might be the scariest fucking thing on the show ever.

Also... At the rate you're going you might make it in time to see the finale live with the rest of us.

Oh shit the season isn't over? I though It ended last week

Ok this 3 parter was amazing, wish I had watched it live with you guys. The third part was probably my favorite ep in the show along with the one when they introduce Shaw. I'm glad HR is done with, although I think the show handles multiple threats well, HR was due to be honest. And of all the characters to kill off, I'm glad they went with who they did. In my opinion it was always the least interesting character and the posse was getting bloated anyway, especially now with Root. Speaking of...

Root is just too badass. I can't decide who is more badass, Root with God in her ear or Shaw...err just being Shaw.

This in a show that has John Reese as the main character.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, the finale is this coming tuesday, so you have time!

And yeah, I think I said it at the time but I am glad HR was done with there, they were basically the oldest villain in the show (unless you want to count Elias I guess who is first mentioned in ep 3) and they had already been "defeated" a few times before that. Plus as you will see the direction the show starts to move after those episodes there is really no room for them anymore.

Rhaknar

That Samaritan thing you guys keep talking about was just mentioned for the first time. I like that they are linking the cases of the week with the main storyline more this season

Tugatrix

That Samaritan thing you guys keep talking about was just mentioned for the first time. I like that they are linking the cases of the week with the main storyline more this season

yeah this one of strong points of the show, make fillers have meaning

Rhaknar

By the way I was weary of Root going "spike/vegeta/" but it really does make sense, she was always alone anyway so it's not like she switched affiliations or something.

I also think her "relationship" with the machine is creepy, but I usually think A.I.s are creepy. Also she's crazy so it fits :p

We need to give NTGYK a good talking to. 120 more posts in there, than he does here.

Hey without NTGYK's recommendation I wouldn't have watched the show at all. Also... I'll soon be starting on season 3... *cough*

I've had a lot of spare time this week.

But don't think much of it. Shield has the name Marvel. It makes sense that it will draw huge crowds. Look at any comic argument thread. Or the monthly comic thread. We got a good contingent of funny book fans here.

Little do they know this show has a CIA trained Batman, an awesome amalgamation of Professor X and Lex Luthor in Finch, terrific side characters in Fusco and Carter, THE MACHINE!, and Amy Acker. It is a freaking great comic book show.

But it flies under the radar of me types because of the network it airs on and the over reported procedural nature. Yes each episode does have that touch of a self contained story. But the deft with which they tie it into the overarching plot is amazing.

Don't harsh on NTGYK. He's slowly getting some of us stragglers to take notice. And now you've got another person to talk to when season 4 starts airing.

Hey without NTGYK's recommendation I wouldn't have watched the show at all. Also... I'll soon be starting on season 3... *cough*

I've had a lot of spare time this week.

But don't think much of it. Shield has the name Marvel. It makes sense that it will draw huge crowds. Look at any comic argument thread. Or the monthly comic thread. We got a good contingent of funny book fans here.

Little do they know this show has a CIA trained Batman, an awesome amalgamation of Professor X and Lex Luthor in Finch, terrific side characters in Fusco and Carter, THE MACHINE!, and Amy Acker. It is a freaking great comic book show.

But it flies under the radar of me types because of the network it airs on and the over reported procedural nature. Yes each episode does have that touch of a self contained story. But the deft with which they tie it into the overarching plot is amazing.

Don't harsh on NTGYK. He's slowly getting some of us stragglers to take notice. And now you've got another person to talk to when season 4 starts airing.

tumblr_static_winchester_hug_season_gr8_finale_a_sdfl_kjdf_.gif

Rhaknar

Is Tao not in s3? Halfway through and no Tao, barely any Zoe... feelsbadman

Edit: speaking of Zoe, it annoyed me that she wasn't at
Carter's funeral
, I guess they didn't want to get the actress for like a 2 second cameo, but still

Rokam

Is Tao not in s3? Halfway through and no Tao, barely any Zoe... feelsbadman

Edit: speaking of Zoe, it annoyed me that she wasn't at
Carter's funeral
, I guess they didn't want to get the actress for like a 2 second cameo, but still

Sadly both actors are on new shows.

Rhaknar

Hmm I'm not sure how I feel about Samaritan now that it's revealed to just be another machine, seems like a weak trope ("but there was a second one ah ha!"), I expect more from the show really. It also makes both Harold and the machine less special... It's like there was another Skynet for example. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since I love the show.

Episode itself was good tho, loved Fusco beating (well trying to) Reese's drunk ass, and was actually surprised with The Practice lady reveal that she is the "ma'am" (especially because I really like her and liked that she was guest starting, and turned out she's more than that).

It may seem underwhelming (to you) for now but if there's anything I learned by watching this show, it's that the writers are so good at keeping major things under wraps until it's time to reveal them. They sure earned your benefit of the doubt. I'm looking forward to the upcoming finale this week. It's only the thought that I'll have to wait for months for another episode that makes things quite bittersweet. Haha!

maxcriden

I just wanted to say the run-up to the finale has really been compelling.

I was tiring a bit of Decima and Samaritan, it was feeling a bit drawn out to me, but now that Greer and especially Collier have been fleshed out a bit, I'm eager to see how this all goes down in the finale.

Rhaknar

ROOT!

She really is Illyria all over again isn't she? :)

Edit: noooooooo they got her :(

Phlebas

Banned
Interview and article with Sarah Shahi and Amy Acker (lol, SS and AA), about their characters

Technically it's based around the end of the season, but they really don't talk about the final episode at all.

Basically, more of them together. They're both from Texas and both went to SMU :lol.

She suggests having Root take Krav Maga classes over the show's summer break. "Or better yet, a scene where Shaw is training Root

Oh god yes, make it so.

Rhaknar

Is Root going solo again after Control fucked up her ear? I was digging the idea of her in the group being an asshole... A badass asshole

Sober

If I don't do this now I'll forget... Finale tonight everyone!

"Deus Ex Machina"

When Decima prepares to bring the Samaritan AI online, the team finds itself caught between that organizations attempts to wipe them out and Vigilance's plan to put an end to intrusive government surveillance.

Chariot

Shit shit shit, I bet can't sleep tonight (I from Europe, when I rise on Wednesday, I am just at the right time that someone uploaded the new episode somewhere. POI is the best morning wood I ever had.)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alright guys, who's going to have the better season finale?

Agents of SHIELD or Person of Interest?

I can't wait for PoI.

on a personal level, I'd say POI, because of fear of a characters death, or even "exposure" to the public (in Finch's/Machine's case), is stressful to think about, worrying of what might happen. There's also the unknown of "what is next season going to be about."

AoS has ramped up nicely, and now I don't feel as bad for sticking with it through the 1st half of the series. Premise going forward can be just as interesting, and the potential "MCU changing events" of tonight (going by early reviews) is intriguing. But, there are no characters that I'd put above any of the main POI crew, in regards to "caring about their fate." Closest would be Coulson, and he has plot armor invincibility (literally, 1/2 the show is about him coming back from death in Avengers).

But, I expect tonight to be great television from both. Not since the finales of 24 and Lost (though a couple days apart), are there 2 larger finales that I'm anticipating.

Chariot

If anyone dies, it's Root. She is way too powerful right now.
Hands off Amy Acker!
They showed clearly, that the machine is not omniscent. There are ways to hinder the machine to collect data and zones where she sees nothing at all. Plus: I think she would make a good semi-antagonist, when the machine decides that she don't want to work with Team Machine anymore. While not hostile to them, she could let Root just operate alone on something Team Machine won't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom