• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Depressed John only exists at the right time to be Depressed John. Post death of someone he cares/loves.

Both Depressed Johns are preceded by Homicidal John's.
iGxBcvXeepliv.gif

badass14wu9c.gif

tumblr_mb1mn7zZ9K1qhjvc4.gif

Realistically, he wasn't depressed as long for Carter as he was for Jessica (though to us, more showtime for Carter). He was on the drinking/suicidal trip for months before Finch came along.

If anyone dies, it's Root. She is way too powerful right now.

Hands off Amy Acker!
They showed clearly, that the machine is not omniscent. There are ways to hinder the machine to collect data and zones where she sees nothing at all. Plus: I think she would make a good semi-antagonist, when the machine decides that she don't want to work with Team Machine anymore. While not hostile to them, she could let Root just operate alone on something Team Machine won't like.

She's kind of what I'm feeling, but perhaps, depending on whatever The Machine wanted to do with the servers, maybe it'll decide it doesn't need Root anymore (starting the process of turning the Machine into the endgame badguy), returning Root back to a normal human being, but morally changed from her experiences with Team Machine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ep14, ok-ish episode but with awesome creepy phone badguy

another future big bad?

edit: to whoever said Root dies, you go wash that dirty mouth with soap. In fact, I should report you to the proper authorities, Im pretty sure its illegal to even think that, let alone say it

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Finch actually told him in the first episode that he knew John was looking for better ways to end his suffering.

Then when John had a bomb strapped to him, John confirmed it when he said "I'm pretty sure I'd be dead if it weren't for you".

These feels man.

Chariot

Realistically, he wasn't depressed as long for Carter as he was for Jessica (though to us, more showtime for Carter). He was on the drinking/suicidal trip for months before Finch came along.
But at that time he had no friends, no family, no purpose. Later he had Fusco who literally punched a bit of love and care in him and Harold who was emotioaly there for him and the power of helping the innocent.
She's kind of what I'm feeling, but perhaps, depending on whatever The Machine wanted to do with the servers, maybe it'll decide it doesn't need Root anymore (starting the process of turning the Machine into the endgame badguy), returning Root back to a normal human being, but morally changed from her experiences with Team Machine.
The machine isn't a cartonnvillain, she is rational in her purpose. She wouldn't just throw away good assets. Even with more power she still has need for an interface or at least a physical embodiment of herself.

Tugatrix

ep14, ok-ish episode but with awesome creepy phone badguy

another future big bad?

edit: to whoever said Root dies, you go wash that dirty mouth with soap. In fact, I should report you to the proper authorities, Im pretty sure its illegal to even think that, let alone say it

I'm not remembering, what are you referring to?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But at that time he had no friends, no family, no purpose. Later he had Fusco who literally punched a bit of love and care in him and Harold who was emotioaly there for him and the power of helping the innocent.

and Shaw...err....stealing his dog's affection? /shryug

Sound like the Calculator Guy, that attacked the 911-Service.

yes thats the one. it wasnt resolved so I assume he will be back

Tugatrix

Oh that one maybe, He still hasn't made a come back or maybe
he's the guy in contact with Collier

edit: Leave root alone, she's beautiful

Well that interview with Sarah Shahi and Amy Acker posted earlier seemed to heavily imply more Shaw/Root adventures ahead in the next season, so they're probably both safe.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

i4sO8vpuKN5Ol.gif

The machine isn't a cartonnvillain, she is rational in her purpose. She wouldn't just throw away good assets. Even with more power she still has need for an interface or at least a physical embodiment of herself.

Who's to say that the new servers don't introduce freedom without rules, to the machine. As in, no more needing to see all of humanity as relevant. [/theterminator.mp3]

Rhaknar

I liked the next day when Reese sobered up and told Fusco that was very stupid because he could have killed him lol. Dem CIA instincts

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit indeed.

They pretty much topped everything. EVERYTHING.

Rhaknar

Shit shit shit, I bet can't sleep tonight (I from Europe, when I rise on Wednesday, I am just at the right time that someone uploaded the new episode somewhere. POI is the best morning wood I ever had.)

I think that kind of talk is frowned upon, if not actually not allowed on Gaf, just a warning. Even tho that as a fellow European who lived his whole life with shows being super late in his country, I feel your pain

(Not trying to backseat mod, just letting him know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom