• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
I think…I believe I found a major clue on the fate of a major character and possibly what will happen towards the end of the season. This is one of my crazier theories…I don’t know if I should post it, it’s a pretty long explanation but it could lead to one of the best moments in TV history if it’s true…

Should I leave my conjecture to myself or should I post my thoughts?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
probably something about
Fusco. He's gotten the most buildup, that isn't 100% transparent to the viewer. Either that, or Finch's Fiance finds out Finch isn't dead.

Nobility

Banned
Good guess but not quite...

Spoiler tag it is!

Pure speculation on my part, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
I was re-watching S1, in the beginning of episode 15 (“Blue Code”) they flashed back to 2008. Snow said, “We are behind enemy lines” (New York), they had someone tied up in the bathtub for “selling software to the Chinese”, they said the person was government. Snow gave orders to Kara and Reese to transport him to a CIA black site (I’m assuming). If anything were to go wrong, then they authorized to terminate the individual.

What if...could it be…Nathan?

We still don’t know how he died, we know he was frustrated by the innocent lives the machine could save and he was untrusting with providing a machine of immense power to the US government. What if Nathan tried to go public or inform higher-ups in the government about a new method to protect American citizens? It’s possible someone from the Office of Special Council ordered the CIA to capture and brand him as a traitor.

If it is actually Nathan, I have to assume the writers will want to explain this fully in preparation towards the Season finale (or future seasons) and I have thought of two possible conclusions.

1 - John killed Nathan

Only Snow, Kara and John know about the fate of the target. Since Kara and Snow are dead, I want to think the Writers would use this death as a way of creating a rift between John and Finch. After all, it would take something big to divide them after everything they have been through in the past two years. This would be the perfect way to close the Nathan storyline if the writers want to.

OR

2 - Nathan isn’t dead

I think this is more realistic – he isn’t dead...

Something could have gone wrong and he could be presumed dead as someone staged a fake body so people would stop looking. I believe in this theory because it would tie the past Kara storyline with the upcoming season finale. This possibility terrifies me because if it is true, we know who gave Greer (the person who turned Kara in China) info about the machine…

Think about it. Who has the inside knowledge about the power of the machine? Who can create the needed system design specifications to run the system? Who has a possible grudge against Finch? Who has a motive to attack the US government (if true)?

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!
If some parts of my crazy theory is true, then this will be one of the best season finales ever witnessed on network television.

---

Or, you know, I could be just plain wrong.

Spoiler tag it is!

I was re-watching S1, in the beginning of episode 15 (“Blue Code”) they flashed back to 2008. Snow said, “We are behind enemy lines” (New York), they had someone tied up in the bathtub for “selling software to the Chinese”, they said the person was government. Snow gave orders to Kara and Reese to transport him to a CIA black site (I’m assuming). If anything were to go wrong, then they authorized to terminate the individual.

What if...could it be…Nathan?

We still don’t know how he died, we know he was frustrated by the innocent lives the machine could save and he was untrusting with providing a machine of immense power to the US government. What if Nathan tried to go public or inform higher-ups in the government about a new method to protect American citizens? It’s possible someone from the Office of Special Council ordered the CIA to capture and brand him as a traitor.

If it is actually Nathan, I have to assume the writers will want to explain this fully in preparation towards the Season finale (or future seasons) and I have thought of two possible conclusions.

1 - John killed Nathan

Only Snow, Kara and John know about the fate of the target. Since Kara and Snow are dead, I want to think the Writers would use this death as a way of creating a rift between John and Finch. After all, it would take something big to divide them after everything they have been through in the past two years. This would be the perfect way to close the Nathan storyline if the writers want to.

OR

2 - Nathan isn’t dead

I think this is more realistic – he isn’t dead...

Something could have gone wrong and he could be presumed dead as someone staged a fake body so people would stop looking. I believe in this theory because it would tie the past Kara storyline with the upcoming season finale. This possibility terrifies me because if it is true, we know who gave Greer (the person who turned Kara in China) info about the machine…

Think about it. Who has the inside knowledge about the power of the machine? Who can create the needed system design specifications to run the system? Who has a possible grudge against Finch? Who has a motive to attack the US government (if true)?

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!
If some parts of my crazy theory is true, then this will be one of the best season finales ever witnessed on network television.

---

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa

Lonestar

oh, that. Yeah, I've thought that same thing.

Though, and I'll have to check to dates, but I think the person in the other room, happened in 2008 or 2009, and Nathan & Finch didn't turn over the Machine till 2010 (and Nathan didn't do his backup plan till then as well). So, I'm thinking it was someone else in there.

But still have this feeling that when we find out what happened to Nathan (and Finch), we might be blown away.

But your 2nd point, of him being the man behind Chris Nolan's Uncle is interesting. Quite a reversal from his role on Lost ;P

Just finished watching the latest episode.

Holy shit!

I also just realised that Harold uses a lot of bird species names as aliases. I remember Wren and Crane. Found a few more in the Wiki.

Finch
Wren
Crane
Crow
Swift
Partridge

how much is Harold worth ? i am thinking a couple of billion at least.

And he keeps making money. He made a ton when he shorted that pharma company stock. And in the episode with the hedge fund kid.

Sober

Spoiler tag it is!

[snip]

Well, if you check the wiki (which is decent and isn't self-indulgent like other fan wikis)
Nathan 'dies' (by whatever definition) in 2010. He is a big enough profile of a person that his death made the news, so he either is likely dead or faked his death really well.

The episode you are talking about flashes back to 2008, but the Machine isn't shipped out until 2009 (also when Nathan writes the backdoor) and Nathan doesn't seem to be any worse for wear unless there's something that hasn't been revealed (read: they would have released him for some unfathomable reason).

The mission to Ordos takes place in 2010 (November? or so) so this really just implies the Chinese had the code for the Machine for two whole years. Unless that bathtub scene really just implies that Reese/Snow/Stanton and co. were really just waging black-ops information warfare espionage or what have you rather than specifically targeting Nathan/Finch and IFT.

Well, if you check the wiki (which is decent and isn't self-indulgent like other fan wikis)
Nathan 'dies' (by whatever definition) in 2010. He is a big enough profile of a person that his death made the news, so he either is likely dead or faked his death really well.

The episode you are talking about flashes back to 2008, but the Machine isn't shipped out until 2009 (also when Nathan writes the backdoor) and Nathan doesn't seem to be any worse for wear unless there's something that hasn't been revealed (read: they would have released him for some unfathomable reason).

The mission to Ordos takes place in 2010 (November? or so) so this really just implies the Chinese had the code for the Machine for two whole years. Unless that bathtub scene really just implies that Reese/Snow/Stanton and co. were really just waging black-ops information warfare espionage or what have you rather than specifically targeting Nathan/Finch and IFT.

Hm... your logic is pretty sound.

Nobility

Banned

I have to agree.

I checked the wiki late last night and I can't tie that bathtub scene to Nathan, it's off by two years.

But him still being alive is possible, I probably won't be convinced until I see that death or see what convinced Finch that he is indeed dead.

One thing that does interest me is how Nathan is portrayed by Finch, he is still spoken of fondly so it would be a shock to Finch if they find out Nathan is alive.

They should probably position Nathan to be alive for an extended story line to be available when the writers need it.

Anyone watch the Watch Dogs demo shown at the PS4 event? It is quite literally Person of Interest: The Video Game.
Yeah, I thought that with the debut trailer last year. Started describing it to someone else once and they also immediately said "so it's Person of Interest?"

Lonestar

Anyone watch the Watch Dogs demo shown at the PS4 event? It is quite literally Person of Interest: The Video Game.

Yeah, noticed it back at last years E3, and it was even more "POI" then. The 1st demo was all about the characters phone abilities, and all that it could do, while this one was more on the run and gun aspect of the game.

Still, about my most anticipated game. Still hoping it looks and runs like the 2 demo's they've shown.

Lonestar

I used the Person of Interest: The Video Game on IRC during the event earlier :lol

I also remember someone bringing up the question of turning POI into a video game. i think someone asked Michael Emerson, and maybe Nolan. They thought it would be interesting, though Emerson doesn't know much about VG's either (always says he rarely uses any tech, and has a hard time with his remote control :lol )

Especially the probability of crime/victim bar!

If the game comes out on PC, I home someone makes a good mod. Make the icons hovering over people into yellow dotted boxes. Change you character's name to Mr. Reese. A Jim Caviezel skin for your character. Splice in the sound track.

Lonestar

Still, it's hard to tell if the main character is a "good guy" Seems like he's leaning towards Bad, or at least a sandbox character (meaning, it's up to you).

Because CBS could throw some money Ubisoft's way, and attach the show to the game ;P Or hell, use the technology and engine and run with it. It's scary close to the same premise.

I even mentioned it in the live thread, very interesting.

I knew POI-GAF would take notice!

GAF worked during the show? INCONCEIVABLE!

Still, it's hard to tell if the main character is a "good guy" Seems like he's leaning towards Bad, or at least a sandbox character (meaning, it's up to you).

I think he leans in a more anti-heroic direction than Reese and Finch. Reese and Finch are anti-heroes for sure, but they are noble men. Aiden Pierce does not seem particularly noble (I believe his main motivator is revenge), but it seems like he is a decent guy since in the first demo he saved a person trapped in a car (after he caused the accident... dick) and in the second one he tried to rescue that woman. I think it's up to the player how much collateral damage they cause.

Because CBS could throw some money Ubisoft's way, and attach the show to the game ;P Or hell, use the technology and engine and run with it. It's scary close to the same premise.

Honestly, at the moment I'm considering this in the same universe as POI. POI is Harold and Finch running around New York while W_D is Aiden Pierce on the prowl in Chicago.

GAF worked during the show? INCONCEIVABLE!

There were some... struggles, LOL. More 504 errors than I care to remember. I think I broke my F5.

Lonestar

IpjKtH1.jpg

Someone mentioned the Probability of crime bar :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LZM3_wp2ps

Direct stream of that demo, but I don't think the original had the dev talking through it. This does.

Oh, yeah, definitely is a "Choose your role" type game. Later on, there's a reputation meter. He gains points taking down that criminal, and he's currently on the positive side ("Sentinel" level)

The reason I also say "Bad-ish" is that the character started that 1st demo in a "I'm attempting to assassinate a guy" mission. I'd have to rewatch it again.

Nobility

Banned
Back to Person of Interest.

I'm calling it right now, tomorrow's episode will be a large step forward for plot and character development. I have no evidence to back up this theory, only the hype behind the steps involved in the making of this episode:

1. Jonathan Nolan co-wrote and directed (a first) this episode
2. The introduction of a new imposing character
3. No new episodes for two weeks.

Since major events happen before these breaks, something big is about to happen. I fear this is just the beginning with March Madness coming up. I worry we'll only see one episode in March.

My hype levels just passed the critical stage.

IpjKtH1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LZM3_wp2ps

Direct stream of that demo, but I don't think the original had the dev talking through it. This does.

Oh, yeah, definitely is a "Choose your role" type game. Later on, there's a reputation meter. He gains points taking down that criminal, and he's currently on the positive side ("Sentinel" level)

The reason I also say "Bad-ish" is that the character started that 1st demo in a "I'm attempting to assassinate a guy" mission. I'd have to rewatch it again.

Sentinel? I didn't notice that. I always choose to be as heroic as possible in these sorts of games (I can't even play as the evil guy in inFamous cause I feel so bad). I'm gonna love being a Reese-esque hero in this game.

Awesome. She is super hot

God, yes. She can do whatever she wants with me. Man, imagine if her and Root were in the same scene. Overload all up in here.

I'm calling it right now, tomorrow's episode will be a large step forward for plot and character development. I have no evidence to back up this theory, only the hype behind the steps involved in the making of this episode:

2. The introduction of a new imposing character

Since major events happen before these breaks, something big is about to happen. I fear this is just the beginning with March Madness coming up. I worry we'll only see one episode in March.

Well, this is the start of a new multi-episode arc, so you're right to be hyped.

Rokam

If I were in Ubisoft's marketing department I'd definitely buy ad time during PoI. And make sure there's a piece of clothing in game matching John's.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
IpjKtH1.jpg

Haha, first thing I thought we I saw the footage. Has to be POI inspired!

If you do you have to play the entire game only shooting people in the knees.

This too!

For me it would be having this:

oKmdqxW.jpg

Reese, John
Black OPS/CIA Agent
Income: Unknown

Then with him all scruffed him like in the pilot!

2. -

please spoiler tag stuff like your #2 in the future thanks

ive been scaning the thread and dont remember anyone pointing out your no.2, just that there would be a hot girl or whatever on the show this week. perhaps i missed it though,

Lonestar

Haha, first thing I thought we I saw the footage. Has to be POI inspired!

This too!

For me it would be having this:

oKmdqxW.jpg

Reese, John
Black OPS/CIA Agent
Income: Unknown

Then with him all scruffed him like in the pilot!

Back on the video game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrkNqloQfqA

9 minute interview about this game, with Adam Sessler. More footage of the game, and more detail on how many "characters" are created to fill the city (Thousands), the reputation meter, and more.

ive been scaning the thread and dont remember anyone pointing out your no.2, just that there would be a hot girl or whatever on the show this week. perhaps i missed it though,

I know I've pointed out a couple times that Shahi would be recurring and a much more... capable character than most previous ones.

Rokam

It says something about the show and writers when you can have a good episode without anyone from the main cast being on screen for more than 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom