• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So now I wonder if we'll be getting "A" stories with Reese/Shaw in the field, "B" stories with Carter/Fusco, and Finch running HQ with them occasionally swapping partners and occasionally Finch heading out. Plus Leon/Zoe occasionally dropping by. And Bear.

BUT I FUCKING TOLD YOU SHAW WOULD STICK AROUND, DUCARMEL!
Geez, shippers are pissed she's staying :lol

Geez, shippers are pissed she's staying :lol

They need to get with the program.

i78aL7bnW6LBv.gif

Yesssss glad Shaw is becoming a series regular. Should make things really interesting. Too bad Leon isn't. :(

Also the move to Tuesdays is good. I don't watch anything on Tuesdays usually anyway, so now I'm going to get to watch S.H.I.E.L.D. and POI on Tuesdays. Not a bad choice CBS.

Fusco or Carter or both are not long for this world.

Fusco's too awesome to kill off and I'm fairly sure they won't kill off the only black character. Carter's kind of a wet blanket, but she has her moments.

persontitle-300x336.jpg

Yesssss glad Shaw is becoming a series regular. Should make things really interesting. Too bad Leon isn't. :(

Also the move to Tuesdays is good. I don't watch anything on Tuesdays usually anyway, so now I'm going to get to watch S.H.I.E.L.D. and POI on Tuesdays. Not a bad choice CBS.

Ken Leung has a shitty new NBC show I think he's a regular in starting next season. "The Night Shift" or something.

Lonestar

Who were they wanting Jesus to hook up with? Paige Turco?

Who knows. There's a strong contingent for Carter/Reese, and Reese/Finch (even though both have proven Heterosexual tendencies). They seem to hide these truths behind the "More Shaw = Less Carter/Fusco" and yeah, it's possible/probable that Fusco might not have much time left. Which is fine, because this show doesn't have the "forever and ever" feel to it.

There are consequences, and Fusco's history will catch up to him, more than Reese's would (Government tried to kill Reese, but Reese was never a public figure, unlike a crooked cop). Carter is unfortunately stuck in bind, with HR trying to get rid of her, and her getting involved with Elias. But this situation can be fixed (odds are, with Fusco being the one to fix it, but at the cost of his freedom/life)

Haters also feel that she adds nothing to the core 4's specialties. Reese is already the muscle, Fusco and Carter have the sarcastic/snarkiness, and Carter has the female perspective. They didn't even see a reason for her to be in God Mode. I mean, that Jessica scene doesn't happen without her. It'd be a stare at a picture, a musical chord "flashback", and that'd be it. John needed someone to talk to as he discovered the location of the machine, and that couldn't be Carter/Fusco (not without letting them know about T.M.)

To me, she adds another muscle that further insulates Finch (cause hey, I want him living to get back with Grace dammit), and adds more potential backstory layers, as we don't know much about her, while we know a good bit of Reese and Finch's backstory. Also, if she can change from her Kara-like disconnect from humanity or not. And how she interacts with Carter/Fusco/Leon/Zoe (hoping those 2 will be back some, though both have new shows coming up)

Lonestar

I know the new 24 will be on in the summer, but trying to remember, was it a Monday or Tuesday show? Think it started on Monday, moved to Tuesday (before or after A.I.) Just saying, Tuesday's could go from a night I don't watch alot of TV (times I even missed Justified live), to a busy TV day.

Losing POI on Thursdays mean it's pretty much It's Always Sunny and Archer for me.

Nobility

Banned
24 was usually a two hour season premier on Sunday and Monday. Then aired on Mondays for proceeding episodes.

I wonder if the schedule will change due to summer status.

Madtown_

24 was a Monday at 8 CT show.

I don't mind the move to Tuesdays, but the late slot is usually not the ideal slot for a show. Hope it can do well. I wonder if CBS considered breaking up the two NCIS's by putting POI in the middle; maybe would have been too risky.

Lonestar

Some haters bring up having a high 3-low 4 lead in with 2&1/2 men helped give POI the ratings it had, and moving to be behind a show that had the same rating (mid to high 2.0s) will hurt POI.

I view it as, is the 2&1/2 men audience really the audience for POI? Who watches those horrible comedies?

The other thing is, that 10 pm Tuesday slot has bad history on CBS. Last few things that have gone there have been cancelled. Though, POI is a show that's got it's audience already. It's competition are 2 new dramas (that don't sound very interesting) and Chicago Fire from NBC (don't know the ratings for it, but also haven't seen it catch fire anywhere.) No NFL games on Tuesdays. NFL Drafts aren't on Tuesdays. Prime Time March Madness seems limited to Thursday-Sunday nights.

Seems like CBS, to help Elementary, as well as compete with that 9:30 MJFox show, has moved 2 1/2 Men to the same 9:30 slot (before Elementary).

I do feel that POI fits better with Elementary than the NCIS shows. Both in having more serialization, and darker (for CBS) tones.

Yes but you always have some runover to bump the next show up.

Worried Elementary might drop some also. Thought it was a great pair with POI.

Some haters bring up having a high 3-low 4 lead in with 2&1/2 men helped give POI the ratings it had, and moving to be behind a show that had the same rating (mid to high 2.0s) will hurt POI.

I view it as, is the 2&1/2 men audience really the audience for POI? Who watches those horrible comedies?

The other thing is, that 10 pm Tuesday slot has bad history on CBS. Last few things that have gone there have been cancelled. Though, POI is a show that's got it's audience already. It's competition are 2 new dramas (that don't sound very interesting) and Chicago Fire from NBC (don't know the ratings for it, but also haven't seen it catch fire anywhere.) No NFL games on Tuesdays. NFL Drafts aren't on Tuesdays. Prime Time March Madness seems limited to Thursday-Sunday nights.

Seems like CBS, to help Elementary, as well as compete with that 9:30 MJFox show, has moved 2 1/2 Men to the same 9:30 slot (before Elementary).

I do feel that POI fits better with Elementary than the NCIS shows. Both in having more serialization, and darker (for CBS) tones.

I agree that the POI/Elementary pairing is much better, but I don't foresee any drop for either show. Elementary I think will have been established well enough at this point, and POI's audience is fairly rabid and built-in. Plus, it's CBS, they're slaughtering everyone else anyways

Lonestar

Always comes the arguments between the "demo points" and actual viewers. Actively finding a way to make the shoddy nielson ratings even more shoddy. POI is usually in the top 5 in actual viewers, but just in the top 20 in that "demo points"

I said it in Season one, and will continue to say it. Thanks Old People who won't turn the channel!

Such a good season finale.

So HR is still around, the newly introduced government female is probably the main antagonist for next season, and the organization led by British ex-MI6 agent is still there.

Get the bluray/DVD and watch the extended/original pilot.
I liked it alot more than what was aired.

I probably will. so glad I started back at the second episode though so i didn't miss much.
I didn't think the previews were that good but my mom had called me and told me how good the pilot was, so I tried it right after that.
episode 8 was when it started becoming my favorite show.

Rokal

What's the best way to check out this show for new viewers? Doesn't appear to be on any streaming service, is my only option dvds?

What's the best way to check out this show for new viewers? Doesn't appear to be on any streaming service, is my only option dvds?

As of right now I think so. But the first season has been on sale for $20 multiple times now and it may be worth it to check your local library too. Mine has had the first season on dvd for ages now.

Rewatching season 1 since my dvds finally came in. Apparently I missed most of the beginning episodes. SO GOOD.

Edit: In season 1 Finch uses the name of Burdett... I think it's the only time he didn't use a bird alias. It's like episode 4 that they mention it.

tirminyl

Rewatching season 1 since my dvds finally came in. Apparently I missed most of the beginning episodes. SO GOOD.

Edit: In season 1 Finch uses the name of Burdett... I think it's the only time he didn't use a bird alias. It's like episode 4 that they mention it.

Actually, Burdett means Bird.

Enco

Just watched the episode Relevance.

Man, what a bitch. They should have left her. They saved her more than once, she shot John and stole their phones? Damn.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that Tuesdays nights do the show good in numbers, since it was competing with other shows in Friday, right? I hope that Elementary keeps the good numbers too, I love them both.

Anyway, I can't wait to have the same or better character growth of Shaw and John and Finch just like at the beginning of the series.

:lol how did you guys like her? She was pretty hot I guess but so cold hearted.

Has the show been renewed?

Yup! Renewed, season 3, Tuesdays @ 10.

She's badass.

And a hot brunette.

I mean, did you see her throw a flashbang under that guy's gas mask, use him as a human shield, then as a mattress when jumping out of a third story goddamn window?

She's cold-hearted for now... but she's warming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom