• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment comes to PSN (PS3/PSP/Vita) as a PSone Classic tomorrow

those are physical cards they have to mail you

Which they won't because they do not ship internationally... :/

At this point I'm thinking if I should just buy and play the Japanese PSP version.
I should be autonomous enough with the language to play through it and there's plenty of resources available if I get stuck with the story.

Buying this seems to be troublesome.
Importing a PS1 US disc is going to be expensive and troublesome...

Only good side is that I'm too busy to play it now, so I have lots of time to decide...

graywolf323

Which they won't because they do not ship internationally... :/

At this point I'm thinking if I should just buy and play the Japanese PSP version.
I should be autonomous enough with the language to play through it and there's plenty of resources available if I get stuck with the story.

Buying this seems to be troublesome.
Importing a PS1 US disc is going to be expensive and troublesome...

Only good side is that I'm too busy to play it now, so I have lots of time to decide...

see my edit about how Amazon sells digital codes and it works for international customers

Dantis

Just tried it on Amazon. Not actually gone through wih the order, but it looks like it all works.

$20 for Persona 2. What a rip. >_______>

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There’s good news and bad news about that. The bad news is that unusual circumstances have prevented us from localizing Eternal Punishment PSP the way we’d have liked to, but the good news is that you can still find out how the story of Tatsuya Suou, Maya Amano, and the Joker curse ends!

That isn't a reason, Nich.

I'm still angry EP PSP isn't being localized. I thought we were getting an actual explination, Nich! *turns into the Hulk and hulk smashes Atlus Japan* >:|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why exactly couldn't they just release this for EU PSN as well? What is stopping them?
I don't have a US account and am not planning on making one any time soon, so I'm apparently screwed.

Atlus has no EU branch, and I dunno who (if anyone) released it in EU. They have to get that publisher to okay it to release it on PSN.

Licenses issues and all that stuff.

Omikaru

Why exactly couldn't they just release this for EU PSN as well? What is stopping them?
I don't have a US account and am not planning on making one any time soon, so I'm apparently screwed.

Nich said to Dantis that he'd bring it up at a meeting, or something.

It'll take some time, however. The game has never come out on this side of the pond, so it'll need to be rated by PEGI and then sent to SCEE for certification, or whatever it is they do to get import PSone games onto the store. This all relies on them actually going ahead with it, mind. Atlus USA have published games here before, and P2: EP is a perfect candidate since this version is DD only, but maybe they don't think the cost of cert and rating would be worth bringing it over.

Dantis

Nich said to Dantis that he'd bring it up at a meeting, or something.

It'll take some time, however. The game has never come out on this side of the pond, so it'll need to be rated by PEGI and then sent to SCEE for certification, or whatever it is they do to get import PSone games onto the store.

I tweeted Nich a half hour ago to see if he ever asked about it. No reply as of yet.

Eusis

Didn't it get reprinted out of nowhere a few years back for a limited run?
Yeah, which is why the "now you don't have to pay hundreds" is a bit of an exaggeration, even now you can get a used copy on Amazon... for significantly more than a new current gen AAA game. Though even at that time I think the reprint was pricey, so you had a relatively small window to get the game at an affordable price for new.

On that note, I wonder if they included that bonus CD as disc 2? That'd have been nice, just to see the mock IS anime trailer and the interview.
I paid $50 for it when it came out. I consider that a bargain.
Got it as a late Christmas gift (owing to delays, would've been just a Christmas gift otherwise), though I did find a used copy for $40 to get as a gift a few years back.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, which is why the "now you don't have to pay hundreds" is a bit of an exaggeration, even now you can get a used copy on Amazon... for significantly more than a new current gen AAA game. Though even at that time I think the reprint was pricey, so you had a relatively small window to get the game at an affordable price for new.

On that note, I wonder if they included that bonus CD as disc 2? That'd have been nice, just to see the mock IS anime trailer and the interview.

Got it as a late Christmas gift (owing to delays, would've been just a Christmas gift otherwise), though I did find a used copy for $40 to get as a gift a few years back.

72 bucks is still too much for a game that came out in 2000.

So is this one "so easy it turns what could possibly be a good game into one of the most boring, painful experiences I've had with an rpg in a long time" the same way Innocent Sin is? Or is this one an actual video game?

Didn't it get reprinted out of nowhere a few years back for a limited run?

Yes it did. It was $40 for the reprint through Amazon. It was done to promote the upcoming release of Persona 4 for the PS2. After a couple of hours, I believe it was sold out. I was grateful I made the checkout during my break at work that day.

Varna

P2:EP is probably the most difficult game in the series (not saying too much, but still!).

This is good. Better then nothing at the very least. This game won't have honorifics which is a huge plus (if Soul Hackers has them... I don't know what I will do).

It was also reprinted a few years before hand, about the same time rhapsody: a musical adventure got reprinted. I picked up my copy at GameStop, $40 well spent. $10 for it digitally and on the go is a pretty good deal

Top Bottom