• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin release hinted at by Atlus?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
cj_iwakura said:
Also, no Saturn? Fail. Atlus even had Saturn games!

Uh. One or two.

On June 23, 1999 the Dreamcast's release in the US was imminent and it had been out in Japan for more than six months.

Weren't nobody talkin' 'bout the Saturn.

Vamphuntr

Sfida said:
Michel, of course. Why are people using "Michelle"?

Disappointed by this post.

jDbFb.jpg

Nimajneb

The inclusion of Tail Concerto seems to be hinting at a North American release of Solatorobo as well. I was worried I would we'd be stuck with another European import DS game, like we were with Last Window.

vocab

Gravijah said:
but persona 3 is so much better than persona 4

Persona 3 is probably my least favorite SMT universe game of all time. Played for 20 hours, and nothing happened. Yes, I will rank the Raidou games higher than P3.

IF I HAVE TO HEAR THAT TARTURUS THEME AGAIN I WILL KILL SOMEONE.

stupei

At first the email went over my head -- I blame being distracted by work as my excuse -- but once I got it I was both pleased and impressed.

vocab said:
Persona 3 is probably my least favorite SMT universe game of all time. Played for 20 hours, and nothing happened. Yes, I will rank the Raidou games higher than P3.

The first 20 or so hours are kind of hard to get through, but after that it's awesome.

Also, you can change the dungeon theme, silly. :p

Persona 3 Portable is the best.

but i could do without persona for a long while, give me SMT4. i want a real rpg. with running. to places that are different from each other. with little emphasis on dialogue.

vocab

ninj4junpei said:
The first 20 or so hours are kind of hard to get through, but after that it's awesome.

Also, you can change the dungeon theme, silly. :p

I own, and played Non FES. I bought FES because I planned to play The Answer or w/e the fuck it's called, but I couldn't get through Vanilla P3. Shit sucks.

Smision said:
Persona 3 Portable is the best.

but i could do without persona for a long while, give me SMT4. i want a real rpg. with running. to places that are different from each other. with little emphasis on dialogue.

Strange Journey

randomkid

Nimajneb said:
The inclusion of Tail Concerto seems to be hinting at a North American release of Solatorobo as well.

As lovely as this would be, I really doubt that the inclusion is a hint.

vocab said:

oh lord, as if this the bickering hadn't started early enough as is, you're really throwing all kinds of bows here aren't you? If we want to turn this into a true Megaten free-for-all though, let's expand to include the oh-so-scintillating Strange Journey = SMT4 debate.

Edit: AHAHAHAHA too late!

randomkid said:

oh lord, as if this the bickering hadn't started early enough as is, you're really throwing all kinds of bows here aren't you? If we want to turn this into a true Megaten free-for-all though, let's expand to include the oh-so-scintillating Strange Journey = SMT4 debate.

Don't forget to add Devil Survivor

vocab

randomkid said:

The fuck? I like P4, and the other Persona games. I think Persona 3 was poorly executed.

Real men want Soul Hackers anyway.

randomkid said:

fapp53.jpg

This thread is officially ruined.
vocab said:
The fuck? I like P4, and the other Persona games. I think Persona 3 was poorly executed.

Well, at least you liked 4. :) Persona 3 is definitely rough around the edges. It took three different attempts for the game to click with me, and that wasn't until after I finished Persona 4.

vocab said:

psh, soul hackers is mainstream dreg. i hate all these games. Everyone knows the true genius lies in SMT If...

Gravijah

ninj4junpei said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/23tim1j.jpg[IMG]
I wasn't expecting that outcome. I'm not entirely disinclined to agree, though. <3 Aigis[/QUOTE]

[spoiler]They're both amazing. [/spoiler]

randomkid

vocab said:

No worries dude, I was just kind of admiring how the Raidou games ended up as collateral damage in the Persona 4 praise too.

But let's get some Last Bible bashing going!

Sorry I didn't realize there was any debate about Strange Journey being SMT4. i don't follow atlus that closely (or ever care about any interviews with developers ever) but enjoy some of their stuff.

Calints Neos said:
No Demikids?

post-1994 atlus is too mainstream for me.

LiK said:
what happened with this thread?
The inevitable happened.
Smision said:
Sorry I didn't realize there was any debate about Strange Journey being SMT4. i don't follow atlus that closely but enjoy some of their stuff.
You missed a great thread.
Smision said:
post-1994 atlus is too mainstream for me.
Pfft, any true fan knows that Shin Megami Tensei: NINE was the shit. It was so good they didn't even bring it over here.

ninj4junpei said:
The inevitable happened.

You missed a great thread.

Pfft, any true fan knows that Shin Megami Tensei: NINE was the shit.

i almost spent money on that game.

so wait...was there any conclusion that SJ was SMT4? Should I be asking for SMT5?

whatever the case, just give me something like nocturne. or Nocturne HD remake?! I really don't care. i should probably just replay nocturne instead of asking for new games.

robut said:
Persona 2 was 2 games, right? Does the psp version include both? If not, is there word on that one being remade at some point?

Only Innocent Sin, they're definitely gonna remake Eternal Punishment too though.

Silh said:
Ah. Without the cedilla to soften the c, it's pronounced "Mi-kel" which is what I thought you were suggesting at first, haha.

Well Michel is just the French variation of "Michael", you don't use the cedilla yet you don't pronounce it "Mi-kel". "ç" is only used to soften the sound before vowels actually.

Silh

I see now. Well pardon my ignorance then. To begin with, I never had the opportunity to play EP. ;p

As for P4 vs. P3, I made the mistake of playing P3 after P4. I managed to enjoy it.

Silh said:
I see now. Well pardon my ignorance then. To begin with, I never had the opportunity to play EP. ;p

As for P4 vs. P3, I made the mistake of playing P3 after P4. I managed to enjoy it.

should've gone with P3 Portable. way better than the others, gameplay wise. just a lot more streamlined and fast paced.

Vamphuntr said:
Let the grinding for tarot cards and personas' rank begins
again

Woah, really? You're pretty much given vastly overpowered Personae throughout the game for free, why would you need to grind tarot cards?

Vamphuntr

TurnipFritters said:
Woah, really? You're pretty much given vastly overpowered Personae throughout the game for free, why would you need to grind tarot cards?

I disagreeon the free part. They are not really "free" and you can miss them by choosing the wrong choice or not picking up the key items required. Unless you play with a guide which tells you which one are the bests and which fusion spells to get and to spam then you will have to grind.

I do agree I grinded more for ranks than for cards. I usually went for the cards while being low on SP so that they would recover by running around.

Silh said:

I sort of did the same, but I still really enjoyed Persona 3.

Top Bottom