• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 is an awesome game, but it has one huge flag... [Major spoilers]

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I personally think that Nyx was one of the best final bosses in game history because it felt like a truly impossible challenge to overcome and that it was a true test of the player's skill, endurance, and resolve. It can take 2 hours, but goddamn if those weren't the most intense 2 hours in the series.

Crayolan

One of the worst games I have ever played in my whole life.

And I played with save states. If not for that it would have been an even worse experience.

Probably what death feels like.

You continued to play a 100 hour long game even though you didn't enjoy it?

And then you still went on to play the series spinoffs? why?

I actually really liked it, although I acknowledge it's a bit much especially with the FES battle system. There was a point in that battle where all the party members were knocked out and my main had 1 hp. I somehow recovered from that and ended up beating the boss on my first go which was probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

Stockholm Syndrome. Deep down he loves it.

Ragnite

Probably my favourite final boss battle ever. It does justice to all the build-up in-game, has amazing music, the monologue is also cool. It would feel so anti-climatic if it wasn't long and challenging, in my opinion.

DJChuy

One of the best boss fights I've played. The music is Godly, and the arcana shifts was great stuff. I also fell victim to the charm lol, and it took me about an hour to defeat him. It felt like a huge accomplishment once I won the battle.

One of the best boss fights I've played. The music is Godly, and the arcana shifts was great stuff. I also fell victim to the charm lol, and it took me about an hour to defeat him. It felt like a huge accomplishment once I won the battle.

This. Didn't have a huge problem, he was tough, but not overly tough. Felt great to win.

At that time I had a mind set of not leaving games unfinished. A huge mistake.

My problem with Persona is the flow of the game, especially because it lasts for 100h. The life sim to pass up time and the boring dungeons were never a good look.

I'm enjoying Persona Q because it doesn't have any of that.

That boss was fantastic, the music was amazing and quoting the arcanas was great. It had a great atmosphere, better than P5. I'd say P4
adachi/sagiri
was a close second

Loved the fight, just sad that I steam rolled her since I made it a goal to get Messiah first, I honestly did not expect Messiah to be so broken, then again after all the fusions I went through, it felt rewarding.

One of the best final boss dialogues.

My team was:

Minato, Junpei, Aegis, Mitsuru....and it seems I am one of the few that did not have problems with the party members A.I. They all played smart through the whole game for me, and GOD DAMN is Mitsuru strong.

RedSwirl

P3 has several bosses I remember being absurd difficulty spikes.

...I just power leveled my way through the final boss though.

I grind to beat
Death and entered the Extra
dungeon... when I was finished with that dungeon, the final boss was so easy that I won without strategy...

I grinded my party up in Monad and wrecked Nyx in the last fight.

The reason Persona 3 is arguably my favourite Persona game (P5 is a strong contender as well) and one of my all time favourite JRPGs is because of that final battle. My goodness did it feel EPIC in scale. The boss fight was like a culmination of the entire journey you took through the game as Nyx cycled through each of the Arcanas. And his quotes as well...it was just so flippin epic.

Keinning

P3 has several bosses I remember being absurd difficulty spikes.

...I just power leveled my way through the final boss though.

Which one? I can only remember the hands during the very beginning of the game and the jotuns near the end as bosses that could be troublesome, but even then nothing too major and tartarus bosses aren't really the bosses of the game (most were ridiculously easy - looking at you Lovers, Hanged Man and particularly Strength/Fortune)

Boogiepop

Huh, minor quibble admittedly, but weird to me the almost everyone in here is referring to Nyx as male. I mean, the name of course and what I recall of the design were pretty destinctly female...

jbueno

I grind to beat
Death and entered the Extra
dungeon... when I was finished with that dungeon, the final boss was so easy that I won without strategy...

Yeah, this reflects my experience with the game perfectly. Just spammed a move that did 9999 damage to each of TLB's phases. God P3 was good. Actually in the middle of a P4G play through right now

cheez124

i ended up making P3's final boss a joke since i wanted to grind to level 90 to get messiah. didn't feel right ending the game without him lol

warheat

Best final boss fight in the series, I love the challenge and P3 is one of the example where things can get off rails really fast just like the mainline. P4 and P5 are too easy and too much handholding for my taste.

Igama

Neo Member
Best boss battle ever.

I still remember when I fought Nyx lol, P3P was my first Persona/SMT game and I was probably underleveled. I went with Yukari, Akihiko and Mitsuru and got rekt, I lacked durability. I changed to Yukari/Aigis/Ken, with all the healing and reviving spells and Aigis buffs. Took me like, 2 hours, but I did it, and it was worth it.

Graciaus

I will never forget the first time my party got charmed then fully healed him. Other than that I don't remember it being difficult.

Top Bottom