• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

shtkn

i really don't see non-persona universe character making it in since they seemed to be concerned with storyline universes and crap. maybe if htey go full what-if-dream-battle mode.

i'll be waiting for a dojima x nanako team. dojima punches and drinks, nanako sings the junes song and hugs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haha, King Moron doesn't have a Persona!

He doesn't need one. His persona attacks would be him calling everyone of us shit-heels and lowering morale/SP gain. His normals do 150% more damage than the normals of other characters.

Completely broken.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm playing through Persona 3 in anticipation of this.

Id say playing Persona 4 is a bit more important. Though others seem to say that Persona 3 the story is important too. It is, but its more character interaction / story talks a lot more of the P4 backstory. Then again as someone else said just might as well watch the P4 anime for hulu.

Young Magus

Man all these gameplay videos are making it harder to hold off until I get and/or beat P4. At this rate, I may pick this up.

Snakeyes

That'd be cool, but I really want Persona 2 characters.
Wonder who could make an appearance based on the events in EP... It would probably be between Maya, Ulala, Baofu and Katsuya, but they'd all be in their 30s by then.

On a side note, I still can't make out the lyrics to Reach Out To The Truth.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Akihiko is too much of a boss to not main.

Not sure if I want to do 360 or PS3 yet though :/

Onemic

Id say playing Persona 4 is a bit more important. Though others seem to say that Persona 3 the story is important too. It is, but its more character interaction / story talks a lot more of the P4 backstory. Then again as someone else said just might as well watch the P4 anime for hulu.

There's a P4 anime as well? da fuck. Is it any good?

Akihiko is too much of a boss to not main.

Not sure if I want to do 360 or PS3 yet though :/

The Ps triple is your only option

Play Asia updated their site to mention that the Asian version will work on a Japanese PS3...

Looks like I'll be scooping up the Asian version for myself.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I hit the arcade here in Osaka, everyone and I mean EVERYONE is playing Chie. I hope that isn't the same for online, but I know it will be.

Can't believe this game is almost here. I originally wanted to main Chie but I think I'll give Naoto and either Akihiko or Yosuke a try. I usually prefer to play fast characters.

Shito

Play Asia updated their site to mention that the Asian version will work on a Japanese PS3...
Yup, I can confirm you this.

Okay, tried a few matches online, see how it would work from Europe with mostly japanese players, and it was quite the same as BB: huge slowdowns on the intro scenes, but once the match starts it's smooth as silk.
Lost a lot, I need some serious training. Lots of people mashing the auto-combo, including me. I'll probably work on Mitsuru and Elizabeth first.
Protip for Mitsuru, her 5B has different versions / command moves:
* 5B: the standard move, where she stays in place
* 4B: the same move but with an added backward hop
* 6B: the same move but with an added forward hop
This is VERY IMPORTANT, as it seems to dictate her pressing, and for several combos, depending on your spacing, you should be using either one of the three versions. Of course, the game never tells you that, and always refers the move as "Standing B" in the challenge move lists...

OceanBlue

This is VERY IMPORTANT, as it seems to dictate her pressing, and for several combos, depending on your spacing, you should be using either one of the three versions. Of course, the game never tells you that, and always refers the move as "Standing B" in the challenge move lists...

Wow, that sounds really useful for controlling space. I almost want to play Mitsuru now just for that.

Shito

Also, her universal sweep (2A+B) can be feinted by holding A+B: she then just steps forward without hitting the opponent. This is VERY useful to get in and score a surprise throw / overhead. By mixing up between the feint and the actual sweep, you can probably make it very hard for the opponent to react. Of course, you can use this feint in combos where you can combo a sweep...
She's gonna be the pressure queen.

Okay, tried a few matches online, see how it would work from Europe with mostly japanese players, and it was quite the same as BB: huge slowdowns on the intro scenes, but once the match starts it's smooth as silk.
Lost a lot, I need some serious training. Lots of people mashing the auto-combo, including me. I'll probably work on Mitsuru and Elizabeth first.

yukiko has something like this as well where different direction (456) have different persona placements.

shtkn

Mitsuru can also charge her 4/5/6B. It probably does more damage when charged, but not sure how much it's used.

Chavelo

I've decided to replay Persona 4 in anticipation for the fighting game on a fresh new save, and I've might stream it later tonight.

Any requests for the MC's name, Fighting-GAF? :3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've decided to replay Persona 4 on a fresh new save, and I've might stream it later tonight.

Any requests for the MC's name, Fighting-GAF? :3

The only canon one: Seta Souji.

Who is this Yu Narukumi? Atlus: You should've gave an official name before release instead of retconning it in. Manga trumps you in date.

RS4-

Yeah I didn't really know about the application of it until certain challenges showed up haha.

(never did finish that particular one as I always miss the j.B); at least I think it was j.B

Yeah, she's a really cool character but we already have a boxer. Maybe they could make her the Balrog to Akihiko's Dudley.

Well, she's definitely angrier than Akihiko and Chie. Plus she's a wind-type and can cause sleep. Does anybody use sleep in P4A? And she can Flamenco dance!

Yuripaw

Banned
Chie story - part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQUFAEwGHc&feature=plcp

don't know if this was posted yet, but more of Chie's story mode was uploaded.

I watched the entire anime of Persona 4 in japanese, so it shouldn't seem too weird to see Narukami talking, but it still is weird once he starts speaking in english in this game. Especially when it's just his character portrait. I'm used to him being the weird silent protagonist still, lol.

Natiko

Banned
Got my copy preordered earlier today, can't wait to give this game a shot even though I'm not all that good at fighting games.

SerRodrik

Got my copy preordered earlier today, can't wait to give this game a shot even though I'm not all that good at fighting games.

I'm in that boat. The only fighting game I've ever played is a month or two of poorly skilled Skullgirls play (and all I know about fighting game theory is what I picked up from that game's tutorials). I'm still psyched for this game though.

BlackJace

This game has to be awarded or something for its presentation. Everything about it is fucking flawless. I really wanna know the team behind the UI.

Top Bottom