• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena surpasses sales expectations

cj_iwakura

High five!

I'm glad some people have sense. Soejima is an incredible artist, and you really need a proper console to do his art justice. There is absolutely a discrepancy between this:

and this:

That art still isn't half as good as the high-res sketch art he did for early P3 and Stella Deus.

p3-shinjiro.jpg

hwy_61

Banned
Great! They owe it all to Giant Bomb, well at least for me. If it wasn't for that ER, I wouldn't have ever gotten into the Persona series. Got my P4 Golden preorder paid off. I'm ready, baby!

A.E Suggs

I don't understand what you're saying. Genuinely. It did well in Japan. I never said it didn't. It did not do well in the US.

That depends on what you consider selling well and what you consider a bomb. If selling out their shipment on ps3 is to go by that version at least did well, however the 360 version of the game that would have been region locked regardless sold like crap. Nothing from what I've seen is a true bomb from atlus unless it sells 40k for a lifetime. Now growlanswer VI and Persona 2 were legit bombs.

So many bitter posts in this thread from the guy who hasn't even played Arena but can't stop telling everyone about how much it sucks.

Yep not that it isn't without warrant but damn at this point this is pretty much just spamming the same crap over and over like we don't know already.

Dantis

That depends on what you consider selling well and what you consider a bomb. If selling out their shipment on ps3 is to go by that version at least did well, however the 360 version of the game that would have been region locked regardless sold like crap. Nothing from what I've seen is a true bomb from atlus unless it sells 40k for a lifetime. Now growlanswer VI and Persona 2 were legit bombs.

Yep not that it isn't without warrant but damn at this point this is pretty much just spamming the same crap over and over like we don't know already.

First of all, they shipped their entire first print, which is completely different than selling their entire first shipment. I haven't mentioned the region lock once on this thread, so I have no idea what that has to do with anything. 50k is not 'selling well' for any game, but to compare Arena to Growlanser and P2? Completely different. We might as well compare Mass Effect 3 sales to something like Spirit Camera, seeing as I guess all games are equal regardless of budget or audience.

And I wouldn't have to 'spam the same crap over and over' if everybody knew how well the game sold, but clearly people didn't, yourself included.

Oh, and good one getting on the offensive over nothing. Jeez.

Fraeon

Yeah, my interest in Persona 4 Arena has gotten steadily lower as we've been getting constant delays. What the hell are Zen United doing?

Busaiku

50k is not 'selling well' for any game, but to compare Arena to Growlanser and P2? Completely different. We might as well compare Mass Effect 3 sales to something like Spirit Camera, seeing as I guess all games are equal regardless of budget or audience.

For an Atlus game? 50k is definitely not bad.
Considering Persona 4 did 120k in 2 months, launching during the holiday period, it's definitely too early to say that it's a bomb.

Expectations are different for sure, it shouldn't be called an outright failure.

A.E Suggs

Great. Now go and release Persona 5 for a STATIONARY console. If P5 comes out for the 3DS or Vita (lol) I'm gonna throw a fit.
They said they were using a better version of the catherine engine so i'm sure that would at least make it not a 3ds title. I'm sure it'll be on ps3 and 360 just like p4A.

50k is not 'selling well' for any game, but to compare Arena to Growlanser and P2? Completely different.
It can be both nisa and atlus has had games in the past only sale close to that in the first month to be considered a success. Atlus games over here seem to just sell well over time.

We might as well compare Mass Effect 3 sales to something like Spirit Camera, seeing as I guess all games are equal regardless of budget or audience.
Except for the fact that all 3 of the games I mentioned are from atlus so they know what goal to set.

Oh, and good one getting on the offensive over nothing. Jeez.

Sigh..i'm done man don't worry about replying continue the topic discussion.

Dantis

For an Atlus game? 50k is definitely not bad.
Considering Persona 4 did 120k in 2 months, launching during the holiday period, it's definitely too early to say that it's a bomb.

Expectations are different for sure, it shouldn't be called an outright failure.

I didn't call it a failure or a bomb (In this topic, at least). I haven't even said anything too negative about here. I said in one post that I hate the game, and I said that sales were low in the US, and that's pretty much it.

In terms of whether or not the sales should be considered low... I guess it's down to perception? 50k for a game on both HD consoles definitely seems low to me. Persona 4 did more than that on an outdated system and when the franchise was significantly less popular.

Top Bottom