• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden review thread: The Highest Reviewed Game of All Time and The Future?

Squire

Banned
I have no doubts P4G is fantastic, but Dale North is a known Persona fanboy. It'll score well, but I wouldn't bank on seeing 10/10's all over the place.

C-Jo

Yeah, to be fair, this is my most anticipated game of the year.

2012's 2008 game of the year, for sure.

vall03

I dont get it, when there are reviewers giving low scores to games, people bitch that the reviewer doesn't know the game or really just doesnt like the game. Now the complete opposite happened that a reviewer really loves the series gives the game a high score and people are still bitching? ok...

Venfayth

I dont get it, when there are reviewers giving low scores to games, people bitch that the reviewer doesn't know the game or really just doesnt like the game. Now the complete opposite happened that a reviewer really loves the series gives the game a high score and people are still bitching? ok...

People will bitch no matter what.

I concur with the reviewers score.

ib1usuY48ryOeN.gif

JeTmAn81

They should release it on iOS. There are more Apple devices than Sony and Nintendo devices combined. Atlus is clearly hurting for money, so donating to the traditional handheld charity is beyond their means.

That too. Turn-based RPG's work really well in a touchscreen-only environment. I can't wait for more high-profile titles to start turning up on smartphone OS's. I bought GTA III for a dollar on Android the other day.

Astra

haha, yeah. GAF seems to hate reviews in general, so they must be bitched about no matter what. Personally, I'd prefer reviews from fans of the series the game belongs to.

Bitching? I think both just creates the same skepticism.In this case, I think any skepticism is grown from the title of this thread as much as the reviewer right now.

GorillaJu

That review exaggerates tremendously.

P4G is just P4 with a new dungeon and two new S Links.

And lots of new voice acting, completely reworked shuffle system, new personae and abilities for every char, combat changes, changes to the fusion system, etc. it's a monstrous update

That review exaggerates tremendously.

P4G is just P4 with a new dungeon and two new S Links.

That already puts it at the top of RPGs released this year as well as a better overall package and value then the vast majority of other games released in 2012. A 10/10 with small stuff added and nothing detracted is still a 10/10.

sarcoa

Started playing review code last Tuesday and I'm only 20 hours in (just got to
Rise's
dungeon). Aside from the new S-links I suppose most of the new content is backloaded because it feels mostly the same so far.

Which is to say amazing if you loved Persona 4 as much as I did. The visuals really pop on Vita.

Curufinwe

Started playing review code last Tuesday and I'm only 20 hours in (just got to
Rise's
dungeon). Aside from the new S-links I suppose most of the new content is backloaded because it feels mostly the same so far.

Which is to say amazing if you loved Persona 4 as much as I did. The visuals really pop on Vita.

How big is the game? Would it fit on a 4 GB memory card?

Dantis

Sounds perfect already! Oh and you're wrong, there's a lot more to it, but I can see how downplaying the game works to your agenda of hoping the worst for Atlus.

Haha!
It's hardly a secret. I've said it constantly.

I'm still right about The Golden though. I've been saying those things since June. Arena wasn't out then.

If you convince yourself that it's a lot more than that, you're just setting yourself of a fall.

cj_iwakura

I'd play the broken record and reiterate that I'd vastly prefer Eternal Punishment(which is also the better game), but reviewers hated Innocent Sin, so I'm sure they're ecstatic.

-Stranger-

For the first time i actually want a Vita...
Any owners out there, are they worth it at this point?

Persona 4 is one of my fav games of all time.

Objectivity is a thing. I loved Persona 4, but it was by no means perfect. It has various plot problems, and if you look up what Persona 4 might have originally been, it is actually kind of disappointing how it turned out, despite it being one of my favorite games...

Also, not to throw a wrench into "perfection", but.....New Chie voice, hah.

C-Jo

It has various plot problems, and if you look up what Persona 4 might have originally been, it is actually kind of disappointing how it turned out, despite it being one of my favorite games...

What was Persona 4 supposed to be originally?

Curufinwe

Away from my vita at the moment but something like 3.5 or 3.8 gigs. Should be fine with a 4g card.

Thanks. It would be nice if it fit on the 4 GB card that comes with AC Liberation Vita bundle. That way I could get the digital version of P4G and delay buying a 32 GB memory card till sometime next year.

GorillaJu

I'm still right about The Golden though. I've been saying those things since June. Arena wasn't out then.

If you convince yourself that it's a lot more than that, you're just setting yourself of a fall.

Errr no. It's not a completely different game, but you're not "right" for having a dissenting opinion. I've played through the Japanese release as well and am mid way through a second play through and there is lots to love about Golden.

I'm sorry that the changes hurt your purist sensibilities.

Takao

Banned
Thanks. It would be nice if it fit on the 4 GB card that comes with AC Liberation Vita bundle. That way I could get the digital version of P4G and delay buying a 32 GB memory card till sometime next year.

I'm actually not certain you'd be able to fit the game on the memory card. All memory cards use a bit of space for whatever reason, so the entire 4GB isn't user accessible.

qcf x2

For the first time i actually want a Vita...
Any owners out there, are they worth it at this point?

Yeah, but only if you like playing games. If you like reading about them and predicting the future and so forth then no, probably not worth it :)

Thomas Haliburton once said, "When a man is wrong and won't admit he is, he always gets angry."

Dantis, the game has plenty of extra content, and you're just as wrong about it today as you were then. Furthermore, if you project your problem onto Persona 4 Golden and hope that it bombs, how does that help you? Such bitterness should be beneath us.

Top Bottom