• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

soultron

Banned
It's incredibly irritating. It always just feels like content torn out of the game and then staggered for no reason except having something new to post on social media. Witcher 3 and Splatoon also did this type of thing, if I recall correctly.

Pretty standard practise these days. I think it's a way of extending the marketing cycle post-release since games are instantly buried in a week -- two if they're among the most hyped releases of the year. It's a problem I feel marketing teams are trying to solve and this is their solution to keep eyes on their games for as long as possible.

It's annoying when we're charged, but I don't really care if the stuff is free, to be honest. In this case, I'll grab the free stuff but I'm not paying for the nostalgia cash grab (well, maybe there are licensing fees?) stuff like BGMs from past games.

fwpx

Any chance to replace only some of the BGM stuff? I don't care for the P5 battle theme, but that victory music gives me life

Any chance to replace only some of the BGM stuff? I don't care for the P5 battle theme, but that victory music gives me life

There's a battle song that plays for more serious encounters and it's only played a handful of time. Shame Atlus doesn't offer a music player item in new game plus at least.

Too expensive for my tastes. And I have to wait 2 weeks to get the Swimsuit Set - I know it's a long game Atlus but come now. Maybe if they bundle all these in the future and it goes on Discount I might get them but for what they are - just too much money for me.

RedBoot

Too expensive for my tastes. And I have to wait 2 weeks to get the Swimsuit Set - I know it's a long game Atlus but come now.

Yeah, I understand staggering content DLC since it keeps people playing/coming back to the game, but I want cosmetic DLC while I'm playing the game. I'm not going to be as willing to drop $7 on Vincent cosplay once I'm done with the game.

Daouzin

I think this is a cool way to do DLC.

I'll definitely hold off until the Catherine DLC becomes available. Only thing missing from the DLC is Digital Devil Saga Representation.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Too bad the Persona 4 battle music is the inferior Golden version :-/.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So no Reach out to the Truth or I'll Face Myself?

That sucks

Reach Out to the Truth is the battle theme for the Dancing All Night dlc.

Persona 4 dlc uses the Golden battle theme.

I think this is a cool way to do DLC.

I'll definitely hold off until the Catherine DLC becomes available. Only thing missing from the DLC is Digital Devil Saga Representation.

Digital Devil Saga would be sick. I would pay a full $10 for that. But it seems unlikely. Perhaps in the p5 rerelease years from now? Haha

graywolf323

Uh guys...I am pretty damn sure all this DLC is on disc.

I just bought the Persona 3 and Persona 4 costume set, along with the two persona sets and basically I never got any download notifications at all. So I check the items under "add ons" and hey..the DLC was already showing up as installed despite there never being a download.

So I thought maybe this was added as part of some patch after release. But nope, game has had no patches as of yet, it's still Ver. 1.0

So yes all of this is on disc.

is it really just the school uniforms costumes? I was hoping we'd get the casual outfits too... but the store description makes it sound like you don't

the more we learn about the DLC the worse the price seems to be

Guess Who

Banned
Time to Make History instead of Reach Out to the Truth is bullshit tbh

Isn't the shit P4D version of Reach Out used for the P4D outfits too, rather than the original? Why can't I just have regular-ass P4 Reach Out in battles, Atlus?

Miker

Time to Make History instead of Reach Out to the Truth is bullshit tbh

Isn't the shit P4D version of Reach Out used for the P4D outfits too, rather than the original? Why can't I just have regular-ass P4 Reach Out in battles, Atlus?

Wait, really? There's no regular version of Reach Out to the Truth as DLC? Atlus ain't seeing $7 from me.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Thabks for telling me reach out isnt in this one, guess I will wait for dancing all night pack.

Andrefpvs

I love "Time to Make History", but come on, "Reach Out to the Truth" is synonym with Persona 4. Strange decision from Atlus.

They should really provide the option to mix and match different DLC costumes, battle themes, and jingles. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that Atlus is going to release any updates to this game.

kromeo

You should see what people spend on the Overwatch roulette machine.

I bought every costume for Tales of Graces, Xillia 1 and 2, Zestira.. I don't even like Graces much either, I'm just too weak :(

I bought the P3 and 4 costumes, not sure I'll bother with the rest, the other one I would have wanted was Catherine but I think that's still 3 weeks away

Whompa02

You can spend real money on Overwatch to buyrandomized lootboxes for a chance of time sensitive loot.

Meaning you can spend tons of money for the chance to get a skin you want and still NOT get it.

The people who do this are absolute dupes...they then wonder or complain about companies for continuing these asinine practices, and it's because of these morons who straight up gamble for fucking skins.

Endless cycle, man. The system is fucked.

I bought the DLC, and I don't regret it.

I love "Time to Make History", but come on, "Reach Out to the Truth" is synonym with Persona 4. Strange decision from Atlus.

They should really provide the option to mix and match different DLC costumes, battle themes, and jingles. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that Atlus is going to release any updates to this game.

I think there's a version of Reach Out to the Truth on another DLC coming up.

I usually stay away from this kind of DLC Co tent, but I loved P4G a lot so I just had to buy the P4 costume set and track.

And I also bought the Ann theme

I regret nothing!!!!

Top Bottom