• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

Lunar15

I would buy Devil Survivor costumes. Will probably get the Catherine and Raidou costume sets since they look pretty good. The Persona costume sets other than the one for Dancing are all really disappointing though. School uniforms are boring as hell. Persona 2 had so many great character costume designs and they just went for boring school uniforms? Bleargghhhh.

I agree on the costumes, but that Innocent Sin battle theme tho...

duckroll

I agree on the costumes, but that Innocent Sin battle theme tho...

If they sold P2 BGM separately for 1.99 or whatever I would actually consider. Not buying the pack of boring costumes though! Too bad for them.

I really think the pricing is mostly okay, if all the costume sets were like Catherine/Raidou/Dancing/Swimsuit I don't think people would be complaining as much.

I mean imagine if this was the P2 costume set instead:

mZoMUed.jpg

I won't complain about it... but I'd really rather have a P5 Arena instead. With all characters from 3-5 playable and in Gulty Gear Xrd's art style.

Atlus pls.

don't do this for me — do it for the world.

Their Arena costumes are really weird, though. I have no idea what they're going for.

P4AU-P5-DLC-Costumes.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Updated the OP with new DLC information. Remember dual audio is free but its a separate DLC you have to download.

BigEmil

What about all the Persona themes and avatars?

I want all the Japan themes and avatars in UK PSN store asap, it's only a few select ones. And US got some different select ones ugh

nOoblet16

It's amazing how there are so many alternate costume to buy but there is not one...not even a single alternate costume available for free. When other games do this (i.e. paid cosmetic) it usually causes all sorts of faux outrage even if the game already has some free cosmetics available by default, on the other hand people here seem pretty chill about it.

It's amazing how there are so many alternate costume to buy but there is not one...not even a single alternate costume available for free.

When other games do this (i.e. paid cosmetic) it usually causes all sorts of faux outrage even if the game already has some free cosmetics available by default, on the other hand people here seem pretty chill about it.

There are a few free costume dlc out now and some planned for the future. Think people are chilled about it because all the dlc costumes that are priced are based on other games and don't feel like they were taken out the game.

nOoblet16

Regardless, I think Atlus won't sell much of these at these prices. They probably should have bundled them together and priced them uniformly at like $10 for a full party set rather than selling each at $3. Or they could have bundled these up with small story Dlcs, and other stuff.

I know I would have bought those. They would have made more money that way than what they are doing now by seggragating all of it.

There are a few free costume dlc out now and some planned for the future. Think people are chilled about it because all the dlc costumes that are priced are based on other games and don't feel like they were taken out the game.
Why is this though? It's a blurry line, to determine what was taken out and what wasn't. It's costumes..from older games..how does selling them separately on launch week not feel like it was something taken out to be sold ?

Gator86

Should have bundled more of these and had them available at launch. I'm halfway through the game and I'm not buying shit once I'm done. Stupid DLC strategy even though most people won't be finished nearly as soon.

Sillverrr

If they're gonna charge for cosmetic items - a sad state of affairs to begin with - why are we waiting a month for some of this stuff? It's not as if it's substantial content requiring extra development time.

soultron

Banned
If they're gonna charge for cosmetic items - a sad state of affairs to begin with - why are we waiting a month for some of this stuff? It's not as if it's substantial content requiring extra development time.

Having this be drawn out gives players reasons to check back every so often, social media posts every week from their accounts, etc. Standard "post-launch" content batching.

its really common with japanese games to withold already completed DLC into these staggered releases. Tales of games do it with their costumes as well for example.

Pretty funny too, by Week 5 when the catherine costumes hit I'll already be done with the game. So I guess I'm not buying any costumes

Sillverrr

its really common with japanese games to withold already completed DLC into these staggered releases. Tales of games do it with their costumes as well for example.

Pretty funny too, by Week 5 when the catherine costumes hit I'll already be done with the game. So I guess I'm not buying any costumes

Yep, that was my thinking too. I was LTTP on Catherine, but I loved it so much - the Persona team is freaking amazing - I'm considering buying the costume DLC. Luckily I won't have started the game by then, but even so - would have been nice to have had the option from day one.

nOoblet16

Uh guys...I am pretty damn sure all this DLC is on disc.

I just bought the Persona 3 and Persona 4 costume set, along with the two persona sets and basically I never got any download notifications at all. So I check the items under "add ons" and hey..the DLC was already showing up as installed despite there never being a download.

So I thought maybe this was added as part of some patch after release. But nope, game has had no patches as of yet, it's still Ver. 1.0

So yes all of this is on disc.

Do we know for sure that the P2 set doesn't include the Maya jacket, maybe for Makoto? I mean, that jacket is iconic, how on earth is that NOT part of the set unless literally everyone has the dumb high school outfits?

In any case, I don't think I'm getting any of these besides the free ones, and I probably won't even bother using those. I'd rather they have costumes that actually work in the context of the main game, I've never been a huge fan of the cross-universe/game stuff or the fanservice stuff.

Gator86

Having this be drawn out gives players reasons to check back every so often, social media posts every week from their accounts, etc. Standard "post-launch" content batching.

It's incredibly irritating. It always just feels like content torn out of the game and then staggered for no reason except having something new to post on social media. Witcher 3 and Splatoon also did this type of thing, if I recall correctly.

See, that's what I don't get. Tales does this too, and half the time I'm done caring by the time they put out the costume I would buy. If it were there day one, I'd totally end up impulse purchasing.

Gator86

Uh guys...I am pretty damn sure.
All this DLC is on disc.

I just bought the Persona 3 and Persona 4 costume set, along with the two persona sets and basically I never got any download notifications at all. So I check the items under "add ons" and hey..the DLC was already showing up as installed despite there never being a download.

So I thought maybe this was added as part of some patch after release. But nope, game has had no patches as of yet, it's still Ver. 1.0

Gross as fuck. Splatoon did the disc-locked content slowly dripped out to simulate post-release support too. At least they had the courtesy to not gouge people for it. Get fucked, Atlus.

Vic_Viper

Gross as fuck. Splatoon did the disc-locked content slowly dripped out to simulate post-release support too. At least they had the courtesy to not gouge people for it. Get fucked, Atlus.

All this stuff was probably dlc in Japan but since we had to wait 6 months they were able to put it on the disk for us. Who cares though lol, its completely optional and is worth it for fans that want a certain set or Persona from previous games. Hell ill buy all of it if it helps Atlus release more!

NullMoon

Neo Member
Expensive but whatever, I'll bite. On a random note if anyone hasn't you need to purchase the Dynamic theme for the P5 Protag, it's a fucking amazing dynamic theme and the background song is Beneath the Mask for 1.99 everyone should jump on it.

I hate this kind of stuff. Talk about milking their customers for what it's worth... smh

muteki

Of course it is on disc. The game and all DLC has been out in Japan for months.

Voror

All DLC is gotten through the box in your room right? And I saved last outside a palace so I can't put it to use until next time.

Dunkley

The price for these costume sets is pretty steep but them being on disk is a deal breaker.

Paying $7 for cosmetics is bad enough as is, paying $7 to use content on disk in a single player game is unacceptable tho.

This and the share block thing really soured me on P5. I still like the game itself but this, share blocking and the fact you pay more for a higher resolution are definitely things Atlus deserves to be called out for.

A lot of people prefer to pay for cosmetic items than to have gameplay locked behind pay walls. Final Fantasy XV has entire minigames as DLC (that started as preorder bonuses for specific stores). I have no problem supporting a developer for completely optional things that aren't required to make a game fun, if they make something cool I'd like (such as adding in the combat music from other games).

Regardless, I think Atlus won't sell much of these at these prices. They probably should have bundled them together and priced them uniformly at like $10 for a full party set rather than selling each at $3. Or they could have bundled these up with small story Dlcs, and other stuff.

I know I would have bought those. They would have made more money that way than what they are doing now by seggragating all of it.

Why is this though? It's a blurry line, to determine what was taken out and what wasn't. It's costumes..from older games..how does selling them separately on launch week not feel like it was something taken out to be sold ?

I'm with you but dlc is common place for most games unfortunately and I consider it a win when it's just nostalgic dlc being put on sale. Missed the days of Persona 4 when you would get a ridiculous amount of costumes.

PSqueak

Banned
The price for these costume sets is pretty steep but them being on disk is a deal breaker.

Paying $7 for cosmetics is bad enough as is, paying $7 to use content on disk in a single player game is unacceptable tho.

This and the share block thing really soured me on P5. I still like the game itself but this, share blocking and the fact you pay more for a higher resolution are definitely things Atlus deserves to be called out for.

We can dislike it all we want (and we will!), but reminder: You don't pay for data, you pay for licenses, you have currently a license to play the main game, the "DLC" you pay for is the license to access these costumes/music, method of delivery is irrelevant, even tho it's extremely shitty in spirit.

Likewise, and infuriatingly so, "share" is not currently part of the License, which is absolutely backwards and dumb and that's coming from someone who doesnt use the feature at all.

Anyone got a link of a video for the Protag theme and Makoto theme? I'm afraid to search myself in case a spoiler would pop up :p

Also, are we seriously not getting any of those 20th anniversary themes? Those are the best ones...

Kinda makes sense tho, game has been out for a while in japan.

So i guess this means only the japanese audio is actually downloadable?

I might get the P3 bundle, i need my mass destruction.

IIRC the DLC of the Japanese version were just download keys as well.

TI82

Banned
does anyone know if the costumes are mixable? I really like the devil summoner Morgana outfit and the P4 outfits for the rest of the crew.

Cronen

does anyone know if the costumes are mixable? I really like the devil summoner Morgana outfit and the P4 outfits for the rest of the crew.

This is purely speculative, but I want to say that the Equip or Stats page for each character has a costume section that you can use to change a character's costume? I remember seeing it in the menus.

TI82

Banned
This is purely speculative, but I want to say that the Equip or Stats page for each character has a costume section that you can use to change a character's costume? I remember seeing it in the menus.

Cool, I can manage with Teddie but that black and green so cool

Ouroboros

As much as I love P3 and P4, I'm not touching these DLC with those prices. Just getting this weeks costume sets and throwback personas is almost half the cost of the full game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How does the BGM changes work? Is it relatively seamless?

Yeah. It replaces normal battle theme and victory tune only. Minibosses and bosses will use p5 music but dlc victory theme.

All DLC is gotten through the box in your room right? And I saved last outside a palace so I can't put it to use until next time.

Correct.

Yes. You can mix and match across party members and also mix and match acessories.

Top Bottom