• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

Gestahl

Some dates and prices missing from the OP

11/04 Izagnagi & Izagnagi Picaro Set USD$2.99
11/04 Orpheus & Orpheus Picaro Set USD$2.99
11/04 Persona 3 Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
11/04 Persona 4 Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
18/04 Kaguya & Kaguya Picaro Set USD$2.99
18/04 Persona 2 Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
18/04 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
18/04 Thanatos & Thanatos Picaro Set USD$2.99
25/04 Persona 4 Dancing All Night Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
25/04 Persona 5 Swimsuit Set Free
25/04 Shin Megami Tensei IV Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
02/05 Catherine Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
02/05 Devil Summoner Raideo Kuzunoha Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99

total $67.88

Keep up to date on Persona and other devil summoning franchises on neogaf.com

There's at least 4 more Persona sets that I'm aware of that aren't even listed here, so that total might keep on climbing

$7 a pop for costumes and bgm. Kinda pricey.
Probably would only get P3 set for nostalgia. Still on the fence for the Catherine set.

lol P4D All Night costumes too? Atlus is really milking the shit out of it.
$68 for all dlc huh. Its kinda steep,

epmode

This kind of overpriced, piecemeal DLC infects all kinds of modern JRPGs and it never stops being tacky as shit. I was hoping that Atlus would go easy but I guess they doubled down.

Still buying the game of course.

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
From someone who's platinumed the JP version, here's how it works (and yes the prices are still insane):

Buying one costume set gives all 9 characters a new costume, and your general inventory 9 of a specific accessory (for example, EXP Up accessories). When the Protagonist wears the P4 costume, for example, it plays Time to Make History instead of Last Surprise in battle. The audio levels for the DLC songs aren't evenly matched, and they packs only come with two songs each - one for battle, and one for battle results. The swimsuit DLC does not contain any BGM.

The Persona packs give you two variants of the same Persona. They add otherwise unattainable Personas to your compendium, with one free summon. None of them are particularly spectacular, either.

There was an expert difficulty level made available in Japan (called Challenge) for free as DLC a month after release (after I had Platinumed it...,) but I'm not sure if that's going to be the case here, or if that's unlocked on-disc. It was on-disc in the JP version, just needed a 100kb unlock.....

tl;dr the DLC is neat, and none of it is available in-game, but very expensive. Grab what you want and be done, if that suits you.

Shengar

Some dates and prices missing from the OP

11/04 Izagnagi & Izagnagi Picaro Set USD$2.99
11/04 Orpheus & Orpheus Picaro Set USD$2.99
11/04 Persona 3 Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
11/04 Persona 4 Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
18/04 Kaguya & Kaguya Picaro Set USD$2.99
18/04 Persona 2 Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
18/04 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
18/04 Thanatos & Thanatos Picaro Set USD$2.99
25/04 Persona 4 Dancing All Night Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
25/04 Persona 5 Swimsuit Set Free
25/04 Shin Megami Tensei IV Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
02/05 Catherine Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
02/05 Devil Summoner Raideo Kuzunoha Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99

total $67.88

Keep up to date on Persona and other devil summoning franchises on neogaf.com
That's really pricey to get all DLC, but I never intend to and I'm content with only 3 DLCs.
This kind of overpriced, piecemeal DLC infects all kinds of modern JRPGs and it never stops being tacky as shit. I was hoping that Atlus would go easy but I guess they doubled down.

Still buying the game of course.

It's Sega AND Atlus, so of course it's only to get worse.

I'm kinda conflicted though. It's pricey as fuck and I think the price is too steep for what it is. But on the other hand, game price have been stale while development cost increase, which what makes them resort into this shit in the first place.

This all sounds like stuff which should be free.

The Japanese Take Your Heart edition came with some of it:
Izanagi DLC
Orpheus DLC
Persona 3 Costumes/BGM
Persona 4 Costumes/BGM

And the PSN Theme/Avatar.

I'm fully on board with the fact that the NA TYH version lacking these extras for the price of admission is rather crap.

Damn thats expensive.
Im an idiot though, lll probably get the Catherine and P4 set.

EDIT: So Thanatos, Orpheus and Izanagi aren't in the game in any capacity? You have to buy them?

Gestahl

The Persona packs give you two variants of the same Persona. They add otherwise unattainable Personas to your compendium, with one free summon. None of them are particularly spectacular, either.

Izanagi gets Null Physical at lv 22 or some absurdly low level like that from what I've read, that's nothing to sneeze at. Stuff like that made me glad I didn't notice the DLC tab until I was 70% through the JP version, almost seems a bit balance breaking if anything.

These only show the costumes for 4 of the characters though, just wondering what the others look like.

The costumes are only for those 4 characters. Its not the entire cast?
Yeah, but that's what the entire cast looks like if I remember right, barring some minor uniform differences like Yusuke doing all the buttons up. The only one with a unique look in the other Persona sets is Morgana.
Yet, we got all of the Yakuza 0 DLCs for free.
As shit as these prices are, I don't know if Yakuza is a fair comparison. That game came out in Japan 22 months before it did in NA. 7 months is a long wait, but it's nothing compared to Yakuza waits.

Ken

This all sounds like stuff which should be free.

The Japanese Take Your Heart edition came with some of it:
Izanagi DLC
Orpheus DLC
Persona 3 Costumes/BGM
Persona 4 Costumes/BGM

And the PSN Theme/Avatar.

I'm fully on board with the fact that the NA TYH version lacking these extras for the price of admission is rather crap.

JP also got a bunch more sets free including the Catherine one rip.

Is there free unlockable costumes? Google brings up nothing.

Weird, because IIRC there's different costumes in the trailers.

The party has swimsuits and casual wear outfits they use in cutscenes. JP got them as actual costumes as free DLC.

Jarmel

Banned
Wait so does the BGM stuff mean this adds that game's music to the general BGM or is their some sort of in-game MP3 player?

It's a shame the best costumes, Catherine, are coming so late. But at this point I could care less, just give me the gaaaaammmmeeeeee.

Hikami

Was afraid they'd do this staggered crap. Feel like I'll be done with the game by the time some of these hit.

I'll probably buy the lot, glad that Kaguya is week 2 but it doesn't mention Ariadne anywhere so I assume Labrys' persona will be quite a bit later.

ramyeon

Yeah, but that's what the entire cast looks like if I remember right, barring some minor uniform differences like Yusuke doing all the buttons up. The only one with a unique look in the other Persona sets is Morgana.

As shit as these prices are, I don't know if Yakuza is a fair comparison. That game came out in Japan 22 months before it did in NA. 7 months is a long wait, but it's nothing compared to Yakuza waits.
Oh well that's kind of rubbish then :/ No Maya jacket is really disappointing.

Ken

Is this all just cosmetic?

They also change the battle music plus victory jingle, but IIRC some of the sets also have not really game-changing accessories.

P3 one gave EXP up accessories. Catherine one gives status resist. There's one that ups your Persona capacity and SP. Stuff like that.

Tohsaka

I hate the staggered release model of over a month that tends to happen with JRPGs, because it just means I probably won't bother buying any of it. I usually play through one game at a time and then move on to another one once I finish it, so if the DLC I'm interested in won't be out for weeks I'm not gonna go back to the game for it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is this all just cosmetic?

Nope. There are personas you can buy with their own unique skills as well as costume specific accessories (whatever that means). I'm sure someone who has played the japanese version can clarify the latter a bit more. But its definitely not just cosmetics.

Mashing

Man, those prices are ridiculous. I'm getting the TYH edition and this content being paid DLC feels like I'm being ripped off.

I do want the costume sets, just won't pay that much for them.

squall23

From someone who's platinumed the JP version, here's how it works (and yes the prices are still insane):

Buying one costume set gives all 9 characters a new costume, and your general inventory 9 of a specific accessory (for example, EXP Up accessories). When the Protagonist wears the P4 costume, for example, it plays Time to Make History instead of Last Surprise in battle. The audio levels for the DLC songs aren't evenly matched, and they packs only come with two songs each - one for battle, and one for battle results. The swimsuit DLC does not contain any BGM.
I thought P4 costumes give Reach Out To The Truth.

Giever

Is the Christian Post joke flying over people's heads? This is a game series where you can kill God and team up with Satan.

Persona != Shin Megami Tensei

In fact, they've even dropped the Western association with the name with this latest entry as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom