• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

Strimei

Realized I never thought about this, but are you able to mix and match costumes, or is it all-or-nothing? Like can I have some of the crew in Catherine, some in P3, etc?

Ken

Realized I never thought about this, but are you able to mix and match costumes, or is it all-or-nothing? Like can I have some of the crew in Catherine, some in P3, etc?

yeah you can mix and match

protag's outfit determines bgm

"Catherine...okay yeah that looks pretty cool, I'll buy it. Guess it's a dollar or som..... WAT. SEVEN DOLLARS!?"

Gotta get those Atlus whales I guess

Ken

oh yeah, the only poopy thing about the costumes is when you finish with All Out Attack it looks kinda goofy transitioning from the DLC costume to the default costume in the AOA art

also protag has some animations that involve his default that look kinda awkward with dlc costume

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Are they trying to break a record here or what?

Dead or Alive 5 will never be beaten.

Thats like $450+ worth of costumes.

oh yeah, the only poopy thing about the costumes is when you finish with All Out Attack it looks kinda goofy transitioning from the DLC costume to the default costume in the AOA art

also protag has some animations that involve his default that look kinda awkward with dlc costume

Dang that sucks.

ramyeon

Wait, 7 dollars for new costumes for the ENTIRE PARTY is considered expensive? What?
If each costume was more unique then I'd be more willing, but these are going to be like $10 a pop minimum here in Australia and that's just too much for what they are.

Strimei

yeah you can mix and match

protag's outfit determines bgm

Good. And so I can keep MC without a costume so I can keep the regular music then.

Still annoyed that there is zero in-game costumes though, but I've ranted about that enough in other place. But I'll take what I can get.

Jawmuncher

Dunno why you wouldn't just release all of it at once. Especially the costumes.
Oh you like Catherine? Well you'll need to wait a month to play the game with those costumes for no other reason than we are sitting on them.

jackdoe

Definitely staying away from the Persona 4 costumes. After Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Persona 4 Arena, and Persona Q, I absolutely do not want to see that school uniform any more.

Definitely staying away from the Persona 4 costumes. After Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Persona 4 Arena, and Persona Q, I absolutely do not want to see that school uniform any more.

Considering Dancing All Night existed largely as an engine to pump a shitload of DLC into its player base you might already be in too deep.

What sort of costume dlc pricing from another game offers more value?

I don't think it's necessarily the value, it's just the psychology of DLC that's $1.99 vs $6.99. If something is $1-2, it's an easy impulse buy. At $7 you start scrutinizing the purchase much more. I freely admit to being susceptible to that. see also: app prices

For just $0.99 more you could get 8 entire tracks in MK8 [with new music] + 3 characters [and some change]. Stuff like this will always be a bum deal.

edit: also this. If the $7 included a Catherine-themed mini-dungeon or something, it'd be a no brainer for me. At $7 the value expectation is a bit different for me than $1-2.

Phu

Banned
Wait, 7 dollars for new costumes for the ENTIRE PARTY is considered expensive? What?

For just $0.99 more you could get 8 entire tracks in MK8 [with new music] + 3 characters [and some change]. Stuff like this will always be a bum deal.

Hikami

The Catherine one with unique outfits seems worth it to me. A lot of them just have pretty much the same outfits on every party member with a few differences though.

duckroll

The Catherine one with unique outfits seems worth it to me. A lot of them just have pretty much the same outfits on every party member with a few differences though.

In that case isn't the problem being shitty costumes rather than the pricing being bad? :)

Venfayth

This DLC is not for me. I want to see the P5 outfits, and listen to the P5 OST.

I guess nice for people who keep hoping for more P2 and P1 though.

latest

It's lit.

Everyone going for past persona costumes. I'm going for raidou ;)

I have always found it dumb making people pay for DLC that's been out for months, just because the game is now out in other regions. It's fucking stupid with fire Emblem, and it's fucking stupid here. Screw this (expensive) mess.

213372bu

Banned

$7 is a lot of money to spend, especially on a single dlc theme. Even then there's some half-assed ones in that bunch.

For $6 you get a 16-20 unique costume set in Dynasty Warriors 8. For $2 you can also get all the camp backgrounds or a set of unique weapons. All of that is really detailed and has better value imo.

And I say this as someone who will be replaying this a lot.

Giever

In that case isn't the problem being shitty costumes rather than the pricing being bad? :)

Kind of a silly distinction. The pricing being bad or not is obviously directly related to the value the product presents (the shittiness or quality of the costumes).

TuXx

If they came up with DLC that has the same amount of content they added in Persona 4 Golden, they can easily charge $15 or $20 bucks to everyone.

duckroll

Kind of a silly distinction. The pricing being bad or not is obviously directly related to the value the product presents (the shittiness or quality of the costumes).

No? I mean, people are shitting on ME:A for being a rushed buggy piece of shit now, but no one questions it being a 60 dollar game right? We accept that is the cost of a new game today, but lament the quality of the product itself.

Phu

Banned
No? I mean, people are shitting on ME:A for being a rushed buggy piece of shit now, but no one questions it being a 60 dollar game right? We accept that is the cost of a new game today, but lament the quality of the product itself.

I also see people often say to wait until a game drops to a certain price point before diving in. Definitely heard people say No Man's Sky would be a good value proposition as a $15-20 downloadable title. So many people will go "$60, no. $40, maybe."

Hikami

I take that back, even the unique costume packs at $7 is stretching it. I don't think the costumes are shitty, I'd be willing to buy them at a lower price.

When other games' DLC can offer a whole expansion worth's of content for $15 or less (see: Souls games, various Nintendo games) then yeah, the pricing is the problem. Whales will be whales though so not much can be done about it.

Strimei

I was not aware those P3 and P4 costumes also had BGM from both games.

That is an insta-buy from me.

Out of curiosity to people buying the costumes for the music changes, why? I mean, I love the battle music from P3 and P4, don't get me wrong, but I like them in that game. Feels odd to think of hearing Mass Destruction when it isn't P3MC and crew, and so forth.

ramyeon

Out of curiosity to people buying the costumes for the music changes, why? I mean, I love the battle music from P3 and P4, don't get me wrong, but I like them in that game. Feels odd to think of hearing Mass Destruction when it isn't P3MC and crew, and so forth.
Yeah I want to hear the new soundtrack, so I won't be using any of these on the MC if I get them.

MrBS

Dead or Alive 5 will never be beaten.

Thats like $450+ worth of costumes.
Between the launch collection and six season passes that's an easy $650.93 right there, that doesn't include the all the preorder costumers either which you have to buy separately if you want everything ;)

Seiryoden

$7 (£6.99 no fucking doubt) for 3 costumes and a BGM doesn't seem absurdly expensive to me. I'd like it free à la Gravity Rush 2, but that pricing seems in line with what's asked for other Japanese games.

duckroll

$7 is a lot of money to spend, especially on a single dlc theme. Even then there's some half-assed ones in that bunch.

For $6 you get a 16-20 unique costume set in Dynasty Warriors 8. For $2 you can also get all the camp backgrounds or a set of unique weapons. All of that is really detailed and has better value imo.

And I say this as someone who will be replaying this a lot.

Musou sounds like great value. I'm used to paying 3-5 bucks for individual costumes in fighters and RPGs, so this honestly feels about the norm to me. Even cheap!

Now I know why everyone keeps playing Musou!

Top Bottom