• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 English Cast Revealed

yo i can't name any of those vas to characters except matt mercer, but that 40 second trailer sounded real good so im not worried at all

Your thinking is not wrong.

Atlus is known as a stingy company because of their reputation that they've earned themselves, and that goes beyond dual audio.

The infamous Atlus Tax, demanding that users choose between preorder bonuses and dual voices in a poll, and being called out by NIS America for being a stingy company; the only localization company on record having received such a public distinction from another firm (Imagine if Spike Chunsoft broke off a publishing deal with Aksys and publically called them a company that only cared about profits and not partnerships).

If there's anything rotten, it's the business being conducted at Atlus USA that focuses too heavily on squeezing out profit, and it's not something anyone should waste their sympathy on or feel like they're being annoying fans when they're not.

And it's been mentioned a lot but I don't think they're not including JP Audio out of spite; it's genuinely not an option for them, given their low manpower / money.

Hardin specifically went out of his way to talk about the possible inclusion of Dual Audio on twitter a while back, and said it was something they're looking into, even as DLC.

GUFVZCt.png

It may not be likely, but I'd kill for a followup on the above statement to clarify where it stands.

If much smaller companies can do it with much smaller JRPGs, then so can you, Atlus.

Gimme Makoto NOW.

I need to hear what best girl sounds like.

Based on her roles as Kudelia in Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans and Suzuha in Stein's Gate, I'd say there's nothing to worry about for her.

daegan

Atlus is known as a stingy company because of their reputation that they've earned themselves, and that goes beyond dual audio.

The infamous Atlus Tax, demanding that users choose between preorder bonuses and dual voices in a poll, and being called out by NIS America for being a stingy company; the only localization company on record having received such a public distinction from another firm (Imagine if Spike Chunsoft broke off a publishing deal with Aksys and publically called them a company that only cared about profits and not partnerships).

If there's anything rotten, it's the business being conducted at Atlus USA that focuses too heavily on squeezing out profit, and it's not something anyone should waste their sympathy on or feel like they're being annoying fans when they're not.

When NISA has survived as long as Atlus USA maybe I'll put some faith in that.

Azuran

Banned

lmao at NIS calling out Atlus. Talk about a Mickey Mouse company.

The majority of Atlus' games are niche as hell so no one can blame them for trying to squeeze out as much profit as possible from consumers. They're not a charity.

kewlmyc

I immediately stopped watching the trailer when I saw this. I REFUSE TO GET SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You find something that you think is a spoiler and don't want to see, so you gif it and post it in the thread? Your line of thinking makes zero sense.

Based on that chart, I have confidence in Anne, Morgana, Yusuke, and Makoto, am concerned for Ryuuji's and Akechi, and am not familiar with the other two.

Zolo

I don't recognize any of them. Can somebody link the voice actors to their characters in other games?

You can probably go on their IMBD profiles, but chances are you probably just haven't seen/heard of them in other games either.

I don't recognize any of them. Can somebody link the voice actors to their characters in other games?

Only voice actor with a really Video Game resume is Matthew Mercer (Yusuke). He voiced Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil 6 and Chrom in Fire Emblem Awakening. He also replaced Troy Baker as the voice of Kanji in the P4 Spinoffs and the latter half of its anime.

Aeana

Only voice actor with a really Video Game resume is Matthew Mercer (Yusuke). He voiced Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil 6 and Chrom in Fire Emblem Awakening. He also replaced Troy Baker as the voice of Kanji in the P4 Spinoffs and the latter half of its anime.
Don't forget his most important role: Edge Maverick!

Shengar

lmao at NIS calling out Atlus. Talk about a Mickey Mouse company.

The majority of Atlus' games are niche as hell so no one can blame them for trying to squeeze out as much profit as possible from consumers. They're not a charity.
And NIS is even more niche than Atlus, so what's your point? While I'm confident in Atlus dub quality and I'm far from being anti-dub guy, it can't be helped but to agree that Atlus is stingy even with their own biggest game.

D.Va

Neo Member
Sounds great! Not sure who's who yet, but the voices (at least the guys) sound really good. The cat... well, we'll see.

The cat... well, we'll see.

As far as I'm concerned, whoever they cast as Morgana will never match up to Ikue Ootani. Her performance just can't be emulated.

I reeeally want a dual audio DLC option for this game. The Japanese cast is AAA and deserves to be heard outside of Japan.

And NIS is even more niche than Atlus, so what's your point? While I'm confident in Atlus dub quality and I'm far from being anti-dub guy, it can't be helped but to agree that Atlus is stingy even with their own biggest game.

Let's see their fiscal returns, then we'll talk.

asagami_

Banned
CvLXnKFUkAAAsPR.jpg

So many of these intersect, haha

Uh, I don't like this chart ignores that Cassandra Morris did the voice of Hitomi (Soul Hackers), Airi Ban (Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker) and Toki (Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse), but thanks to this I know she is Fie from Trails of Cold Steel. Now I need the game ASAP. Walter from SMT IV has a nice voice, so I expect so much from this actor in his role as Yusuke.

Persona 5 standard edition was released at 8800 yen which is $85/£70. The UK release is going to be ~£40. Especially after the Persona Arena dual audio debacle, which resulted in region locking from reverse importation fears, I can understand Atlus US being very wary about trying for dual audio again.

BBboy20

DUb81qh.png

Seriously, did all the shit posts towards Kyubey stopped years ago?

Xander Interview.
gyXZidX.png

Dude knows what's up.

It probably won't affect anything at all. Yuri Lowenthal voiced the P3MC and Yosuke in Persona Q.
That was him? The It Actors of then voicing the MCs. How fitting.

Robbie Daymond seems like the new JYB, Yuri Lowenthal, or Bryce Papenbrook.
7ueSZG2.png

...I'd like to think Bryce is still the IT actor but if not, I think there may not be one at the moment.

As Xander Mobus is my roommate, I will be accepting payments of ten dollars apiece to give a noogie to P5's protagonist.

Twenty bucks for a towel whip.
2 years later and still with him? Man, this is righteous.

He'll be in Phantom Blood.

Top Bottom