• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - First details from Dengeki

synce

It's been like 5 years but I'm almost positive Persona 4 had implied sex scenes, so no need to worry about that.

Zukuu

Banned
Considering how anime-influenced the Persona series is, you'd be lucky if you have two characters hold hands. lol

Yeah, it's sickening. A "kiss" is like the holy grail in animies. No place for a serious relationship. =/

Tho, isn't it strongly implied that they sleep with each other on Christmas date in P3/P4? xD

Yeah, it's sickening. A "kiss" is like the holy grail in animies. No place for a serious relationship. =/

Tho, isn't it strongly implied that they sleep with each other on Christmas date in P3/P4? xD

Depending on the character yeah, but it's pretty heavily implied.

kasane

Looks interesting.

I hope it comes in the side of "Highschool is actually hell" and not in the way of "Highschool's years are the best years of your life", specially when in recent years it seems that Anime likes to paint highschool as some Idyllic period. I know is because cultural contexts, but...

It would be a nice contrast with P4 lightheartened tone.

Anecdote but my highschool life was the best period of my young days

Granted that im still fairly young,

It also makes sense in a themetic kind of way, if the protagonist is in 3rd year (the other MC were in 1st and 2nd ) and is during the period of Exams and that year were they study to enter to college.

Daft_Cat

Really hoping it's more like Persona 4. The pressure and depression of school system sounds decent enough. Better than the stupid secret society of robot scientists bullshit in P3 anyway.

It's a near guarantee that Persona 5 will have something similar to SEES and the investigation team. Rightly so.

I actually wouldn't mind school exams going even further. They should allow you to unlock special abilities. Just give us more incentive to actually doing them.
That could be interesting, though it may be a little awkward to work since all of the spells, etc are cast by personas, not the characters. Maybe have # of personas that can be held be based on intellect stat instead of level, give an additional bonus to fusion XP based on most recent exam score, or something with fusion skill inheritance.

Anecdote but my highschool life was the best period of my young days

Granted that im still fairly young,

Well in my case (i'm not from US or Japan) was okay-ish, but I will not call them happy years. Depends of the person and the school, thought in some countries seem to generally worse or better than in others.

FluxWaveZ

Looks interesting.

I hope it comes in the side of "Highschool is actually hell" and not in the way of "Highschool's years are the best years of your life", specially when in recent years it seems that Anime likes to paint highschool as some Idyllic period. I know is because cultural contexts, but...

It would be a nice contrast with P4 lightheartened tone.

It'd definitely be interesting if the characters perceived high school as a very oppressive and uncomfortable environment compared to P3 and P4 where it was all fun times.

Mononoke

Banned
That could be interesting, though it may be a little awkward to work since all of the spells, etc are cast by personas, not the characters. Maybe have # of personas that can be held be based on intellect stat instead of level, give an additional bonus to fusion XP based on most recent exam score, or something with fusion skill inheritance.

Yeah, true. I think your post was more on the money. I would just like the exams to do so something more. I would even be content if they did more with them with regards to the story (maybe make special events happen based on how well you do).

Mononoke

Banned
All the talk of delinquent high schoolers reminded me that Cromartie High School would make an awesome Persona location.

He ate my pencil

Internet Troll

lol when did this come out? It's like 100% Deadly Premonition in tone.

EDIT: Lol 2001. I've only watched that first clip you sent me, but the dryness of the humor reminds me of DP. Then again, it's pretty lazy to equate dryness as only being DP. So my apologies. Still, funny shit.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm guessing it's overcoming the chains of various stresses such as school, family, toxic friends, self-esteem, sexuality that chain from becoming ever happy.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There is a supposed scan of the P5 MC on gamefaqs. It is a red colored picture, with a Yu Narukami look-alike and the "555" number. It is probably fake, though (I hope so).

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

First disappointment about the game, if that happens to be true.
That scan is the one from the persona 4 dance article in the issue number 555 of dengeki.

In P3 there was definitely some action going on.
Makoto and Aigis/Elizabeth/Yukari?
, and also
Hamuko and Shinji
for sure. Remember the scene after you max his Social Link?

P4 charactrers seemed to be more sheltered and innocent in their little country town compared to the more gritty urban life the P3 characters led. So I didn't really think sex was implied in any of those Social Links.

Gbraga

Have the GiantBomb guys expressed anything about the announcement?

I hope they're not too tired of the Persona fanbase bothering them (I remember reading something like that) to stop them from doing a new Endurance Run for this game.

FluxWaveZ

I hope they're not too tired of the Persona fanbase bothering them (I remember reading something like that) to stop them from doing a new Endurance Run for this game.

They are tired of it, but it doesn't mean that Jeff doesn't want emancipation.

Don't expect an Endurance Run. Please don't bother them about one. Jeff will probably talk about it a little bit on the upcoming Bombcast.

Nudull

Banned
I hope there's not just doing grimdark for the sake of grimdark...not that Persona was all sunshine and roses. I would've preferred an older cast, though, but the return to a high school setting isn't too bad, and it makes sense with duckroll's speculations.

FluxWaveZ

I hope there's not just doing grimdark for the sake of grimdark...not that Persona was all sunshine and roses. I would've preferred an older cast, though, but the return to a high school setting isn't too bad, and it makes sense with duckroll's speculations.

How is it "grimdark" when the theme specifically mentions joy?

Curufinwe

P4 charactrers seemed to be more sheltered and innocent in their little country town compared to the more gritty urban life the P3 characters led. So I didn't really think sex was implied in any of those Social Links.

What? Almost every Level 10 S.Link with a girl ended with an implied sex scene, as did the Christmas Dates.

Stark

Banned

Pretty sure Jeff stayed up for the announcement and he tweeted that although he would be 100% satisfied with a P4-2 it's good to see them moving along.

bakedpony

Was there ever any interview about FeMC?

Nope. We have no any details regarding the game whatsoever.

Keep in mind this is their first game using the new engine. Everything is built from the ground up (especially the demon/persona models). It will be unlikely that they will be creating two versions of the story in this first game, especially if the length of the game is comparable to P3 and P4.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think that has more to do with what you expect because the anime elements than actually the game telling you "Sex? gross".
Heh, that's probably true. Of course, the game doesn't really go out of its way to show the other side either.

Keep in mind this is their first game using the new engine. Everything is built from the ground up (especially the demon/persona models). It will be unlikely that they will be creating two versions of the story in this first game, especially if the length of the game is comparable to P3 and P4.
In my dreams, there would just be a female protagonist and the story would be built around that decision.

Gbraga

They are tired of it, but it doesn't mean that Jeff doesn't want emancipation.

Don't expect an Endurance Run. Please don't bother them about one. Jeff will probably talk about it a little bit on the upcoming Bombcast.

Pretty sure Jeff stayed up for the announcement and he tweeted that although he would be 100% satisfied with a P4-2 it's good to see them moving along.

That's pretty cool. So even if we don't get a new Endurance Run, at least they didn't let people bothering them make the series less enjoyable. Glad to know he's excited about it.

7Th

No, I mean regarding the one in P3P. Did they mention that they would like to try that again in the future? I can perfectly understand why Golden didn't have that choice, but a game written around having the choice to play as a girl would be different.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it up as news and Jeff immediately rushes to the next story.

Nah, he will the one bringing the news, he will stop a little shortly but it would not rush it inmediatly. I think the big problem is/was that is difficult to comment when only he and Vinny had played the game. Ryan and Brad had the game but they didn't advance that much and Patrick mentioned being in the "must play list". But bein fair, Brad and Patrick acknowladged the annucement in Twitter (Patrick mentioning that he should star playing P4)

Top Bottom