• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

XPbaKyH.png

H7ZwMTS.png
ZyrdPfM.png

Release date: Winter 2014 15th September 2016

Platform: PS3/ PS4

Price:

- Standard Edition: 9504 Yen

- 20th Anniversary Edition 14904 Yen

20th Anniversary Edition includes:

Persona 5 Game disc
Persona 5 Artbook (Hardcover)
Persona 20th Anniversary All Time Best OST (5 discs; Persona 2-5 compilation album)
Persona 3 & 4 DLC outfits for Persona 5
Izanagi and Orpheus DLC Persona for Persona 5
PS3/PS4 theme featuring art by Shigenori Soejima
A collector's box featuring original art by Shigeroni Soejima

KxLKNrW.png

Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students - the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game's story - who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves.
They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler - attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the "self".
The game's heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective masks and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need.

Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.

Y7VPbL9.png

As the PS4 is generally region-free, we're working under the assumption that the Japanese version of Persona 5 can be imported.

This hasn't yet been confirmed as region free. There's no reason to assume that it wouldn't be, but just be aware.

The fastest way to import Persona 5 will be to purchase it digitally from PSN.
To do this, you will first need a Japanese PSN account. You will then need Japanese PSN credit. Non-Japanese credit cards and Paypal accounts will not work on JP PSN.

Japanese PSN cards can be purchased from Play-Asia through this link.

Alternatively, you can import Persona 5 physically, though obviously shipping can take a long time, depending on your shipment method.
Below is a list of vendors who allow you to import Persona 5:

Play-Asia

YesAsia

Nin Nin Game

Amazon Japan

Which you choose is really down to preference. Sites like YesAsia mark down prices so you don't get charged much tax, whereas Play-Asia has the advantage of being more well-known as an importer. It's really up to you.
pzVjWh5.png

Trailers:

PV01
PV03
PV04

lbehWY3.png

Will the JP version of Persona 5 feature English subtitles or voices?

Nope! Some of the menu headings are in English, but everything else is Japanese.

Do I need to have played previous Persona games in order to understand the story?

Nope! Persona 5's story stands alone from previous games. It will likely have some callbacks and cameos, but otherwise they've dropped all the... uh... baggage that Persoona 4 had built up.

Is there any point in importing if you don't know Japanese?

Maybe. It depends how into Persona you are, I guess. I don't know Japanese, but I'm still getting it.

Can Persona 5 be preloaded on PSN?

IT SURE CAN! It's up RIGHT NOW.

How long until Persona 5 unlocks on Japanese PSN?

This long:

t1473865200z1.png

Mediking

Not gonna stay long because inevitable spoilers but I AM HERE FOR THE HYPE TRAIN AND TO SUPPORT THE GAME AND THE PERSONA GAF CREW! LET'S GO, MY BOYS!!! PART ONE OF OUR TIME HAS ARRIVED.

Lunar15

Quick reminder that we have a spoiler thread up and running. Please keep talk of pot points in there as much as possible! A lot of people like looking at the import thread to get a general feel for the game's reception, but not necessarily getting spoiled on plot points. At the very least, spoiler tags are appreciated!

Also, great OP, Dantis!

Eylos

Banned
must hold the temptation to buy this in japanese, last game i bought in japanese was Megaman Dash 2 a long time ago, can't understand shit but looks so awesome =(

muteki

Ami wasn't kidding when they said shipping rates were going up, sheesh.

Should be headed my way soon. Will get Friday if i'm lucky.

takoyaki

The game automatically pre-loaded on my PS4 last night (19.53 GB)

While there were some great P3/4 spin-offs over the years, I'm very excited to finally start playing a new, numbered Persona game.

Sakura

If I can't preorder it via my credit card still tomorrow I will just go buy stupid cards I guess... must play it at midnight.

silva1991

Have fun you lucky Japanese speakers!

if anyone knows if it's possible to pause during anime cutscenes do tell!

assuming there are subtitles during anime cutscenes of course.

Z3M0G

Oddly I started playing P3P today. I only got about an hour in some years back... P4G and anticipating this game must have left me with a Persona itch... odd as Persona 4 left me unsure if this series was for me. Yet here I am, wanting more...

Mediking

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CEbi8le.jpg[/IMG]

Joker's desk looks bland as hell. Hahah good to see Morgana and a red toolbox there to brighten up the place.

artsi

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CEbi8le.jpg[/IMG]

Joker's desk looks bland as hell. Hahah good to see Morgana and a red toolbox there to brighten up the place.

I hope (and think) that you can upgrade the room while playing. At least it's damn poor looking in the beginning :p

ranmafan

Really excited about Thursday. I know exactly how I'll spend my night after work that day. Also glad it's a three day weekend here in Japan this weekend, along with another extra day off next Thursday. Plenty of time to dig deep into the game. It's going to be a great time! Can't wait!

Mediking

I hope (and think) that you can upgrade the room while playing. At least it's damn poor looking in the beginning :p

Hahahha yeah! OR... maybe Joker is being smart and actually has an attic or another room that's littered with super cool stuff just in case the police were to raid his place!

I won't be importing but the wait will be painful. Despite all the awesome footage I've seen of the game, the pic of MC studying at his desk may be the thing that's got me the most excited. I love the rhythm of these games and how they give you regular downtime to process all the stuff that's happened and reflect on the story and characters. Some of my fondest memories of P4 involve the downtime. Kicking it with Nanako in the kitchen or sitting in room deciding whether to sleep or study and thinking idly about what classmate to hang out with tomorrow.

So few games give you that kind of space, which is almost paradoxical given the regimented nature of the game calendar.

kiyoaki

Nice OT.

In only 22 hours I'll be playing this! On the PS3 i bought in 2013 for just this game.

I'm too afraid of spoilers to post a lot here, but read you soon anyway.

Game is preloaded, just need to wait for the unlock tomorrow.
I'll only be able to play for 30 minutes or so, but then a few hours after that I'll have the evening + the rest of the week to marathon this :p

Pachimari

This thread makes me wanna start up P4G. I played 10 hours and then lost my save, so haven't completed it yet. Does it have a fulfilling ending?

Also, have fun to all my P5 bros.

Mediking

I won't be importing but the wait will be painful. Despite all the awesome footage I've seen of the game, the pic of MC studying at his desk may be the thing that's got me the most excited. I love the rhythm of these games and how they give you regular downtime to process all the stuff that's happened and reflect on the story and characters. Some of my fondest memories of P4 involve the downtime. Kicking it with Nanako in the kitchen or sitting in room deciding whether to sleep or study and thinking idly about what classmate to hang out with tomorrow.

So few games give you that kind of space, which is almost paradoxical given the regimented nature of the game calendar.

My boy, Yankee likes Persona? NICE

This thread makes me wanna start up P4G. I played 10 hours and then lost my save, so haven't completed it yet. Does it have a fulfilling ending?

Also, have fun to all my P5 bros.

Oh, there's a fulfilling ending to Persona 4 Golden. You just gotta.... fight for it.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Huh, forgot this game comes out in 2 FUCKING DAYS. I don't know how to feel about anything anymore.

Amory

I would totally import if there were english subtitles, but can't see knowing what the heck is going on with either the story or gameplay without them.

The wait continues...

Anbec7

I'll wait, have fun importers!
My only question is if the Take your heart edition will also include the DLC that the OP listed there? I didn't knew about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom