• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

A guide recommanded to figh the boss on save mode.

there's no point on fighting a tough and challenging boss on safe mode! I don't care about the platinum, i just wanted to fight this boss, but this is way too long to reach it unfortunately! Even if you have powerfull persona, you still have to grind your teammates

Finished the 6th Palace, don't open spoiler until you've finished the story sequence that follows the retelling if the prologue. I have to say
that plot twist, it was awesome. Game had me thinking I had got the bad ending and when I saw Haru in a car I was like: fuck this! Only to see that I'm not actually dead.

The whole setup makes sense. It's risky and they know it. It was amazing. Just wow, really. One of the best twists I remember.

Me too
during the whole sequence I tried to find a flaw in this twist but everything felt just right, that was really impressing

Morgana
was having his existential crisis and Ryuji was adding fuel to the fire.

Ow yeah that was horrible

nOoblet16

there's no point on fighting a tough and challenging boss on safe mode! I don't care about the platinum, i just wanted to fight this boss, but this is way too long to reach it unfortunately! Even if you have powerfull persona, you still have to grind your teammates
Do the reaper exploit, and fight then when you are around 60 or so

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when you secure the route on the first day and you have 24 days ahead of you

giphy.gif

but when you earn a ton of money but you blow all of it fusing personas and resummoning the ones you need for combat and for social links

tumblr_m9h18wbf7c1rsin77o5_500.gif

Weiss

Banned
In regards to the Ultimate Personae...
they're not bad, but given how absolutely fantastic the original ones are they pale in comparison. Seiten Taisei and Susano-O are fine but Hecate is dreadful.

yeah i thought about doing that, like you said yesterday, but i dunno, i don't have the motivation to spend hours just for this! There's something wrong when you have to use an exploit just to do a secret boss! maybe i'll go back to the game later!

Now i want to play cosmic star heroine

This game is triggering all my OCD switches one by one, now I discovered I need a particular persona to maximize the points I get on the confindant events, but I can't even get a fusion to get that particular persona, so now I have to change plans and level other stuff until god knows when I can get that particular persona.

rujSaXf.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MC just succumbs to despair in the middle of the fourth palace fight.

...the fuck.

Yep. "Oh, this is no big deal, I'll fix him up in a later turn, need to heal up the rest of the party. Wait, despair is Lethal? FUCK!"

Mediking

What is y'all favorite pastimes?

I actually really like reading in P5. Lol I have Joker read stuff all the time. :)

Niks

Just finished the first palace...
Im enjoying the game.. but I feel I still don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Is this a game thats meant to be replayed once you finish it the first time? I feel Im missing stuff or doing things incorrectly. :/

Szadek

Makoto's awakening is definitely the best one so far. Man, that scene was awesome.
Indeed.
It's possible to solo the boss fight.
Or that should also work.

Not if I'm going to do it myself or not. I love JRPG superbosses, but hate the grinding you have to do in order to fight them.

Im enjoying the game.. but I feel I still don't have a clue what I'm doing./

Happened to me too. You'll get the hang of it. It seems overwhelming at first because they're throwing so much at you from the word go. But give it a few in-game months and you'll figure out how to manage things fine.

brainslug

And finished. Took me 85 hours
on easy difficulty

What can I say? Great fucking game, not perfect, but great still. Even better than P4G.

Now I suddenly have this very empty feeling.. Maybe I should just start NG+ right away? :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Is this a game thats meant to be replayed once you finish it the first time? I feel Im missing stuff or doing things incorrectly. :/

its a 80-100 hour game, unless you played previous Persona games, it probbaly wont fully click until like 20-30 hours in. At least thats how it was with me.

Plasma

Banned

Unless you're following a guide it's unlikely you'll get through all of the social links available on your first run. Just enjoy it and go for the social links that you're interested in.

nOoblet16

yeah i thought about doing that, like you said yesterday, but i dunno, i don't have the motivation to spend hours just for this! There's something wrong when you have to use an exploit just to do a secret boss! maybe i'll go back to the game later!

Now i want to play cosmic star heroine

Indeed.

It's possible to solo the boss fight.

Or that should also work.

Not if I'm going to do it myself or not. I love JRPG superbosses, but hate the grinding you have to do in order to fight them.
I fully agree.
The thing that makes it worse is that you are doing it twice over two runs, first time so that you can fuse the best persona and 2nd time so that you can have your party at a high enough level to fight. It's bullshit because there is no reason why this couldn't have been there in first run. It's not even hidden behind quests or locations

What is y'all favorite pastimes?

I actually really like reading in P5. Lol I have Joker read stuff all the time. :)
Spending time with my bae Tae :p

I'm kind of surprised that the OT went for the Morgana night thing rather than amount of times "for real" gets said in Every. Single. Scene.

Every one.

Every damn one.

I hope never to hear it again. I know that won't be the case.

I've gone to the PS4 home menu on 9/17. I expect to hear it again at least once on this day.

Speaking of which...
It's nice to skip the usual awakening scene for once, for whenever Haru inevitably joins my team.

Still, game of the year so far. Around 55 hours in, it's nice to have a long game that's kept me so engaged. I went through all endings and got the plat for Nier Automata in 45. I want to get the plat for this, and I'm in no way burnt out yet, so a NG+ might be on the cards. Will I last another, what, 100+ hours to get the plat?

...We'll see. But I did it for P4G, and this might actually be the better game.

nOoblet16

In Persona 3 people shot themselves to summon Persona, in Persona 5 they tear the mask off their face painfully to summon Persona. Is this a theme or what? Persona 4 didn't have anything like this, it was just tossing cards and crushing them.

Also when (dungeon 7 boss spoiler)
Joker revealed himself to Shido he took his mask off painlessly with ease..What was that?

Szadek

I fully agree.
The thing that makes it worse is that you are doing it twice over two runs, first time so that you can fuse the best persona and 2nd time so that you can have your party at a high enough level to fight. It's bullshit because there is no reason why this couldn't have been there in first run. It's not even hidden behind quests or locations
Yeah, I really don't get way the keep going that.
In Persona 2 EP there was at least kind of a reason for that (not a good one, but still it was there).

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty confused with a part of the 7th palace.

How do I get to the IT dude's room? What does "directly above the side deck" mean?

FluxWaveZ

How do I get to the IT dude's room? What does "directly above the side deck" mean?

Outside of the safe room that leads to the side deck, stay in that area and go to where the vent shaft (spewing gas) is. In front of that, you'll be able to climb up on top of a platform.

I spent a frustratingly long time trying to find where it wanted me to go, myself.

Zafir

Go to the side deck(you should have a safe room there), at the left end there's a little vent with smoke, and to the right of the vent you can jump up onto the side of the boat.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm kind of surprised that the OT went for the Morgana night thing rather than amount of times "for real" gets said in Every. Single. Scene.

Every one.

Every damn one.

I hope never to hear it again. I know that won't be the case.

It's not as funny as the other references, hence why I never bothered to bring it up lol

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Outside of the safe room that leads to the side deck, stay in that area and go to where the vent shaft (spewing gas) is. In front of that, you'll be able to climb up on top of a platform.

I spent a frustratingly long time trying to find where it wanted me to go, myself.

Go to the side deck(you should have a safe room there), at the left end there's a little vent with smoke, and to the right of the vent you can jump up onto the side of the boat.

you can climb above the side-deck just next to the airduct

Ooooh okay, didn't notice that. I was trying to line up the maps to find out what part of the Palace would put me above the place lol

Jisgsaw

In Persona 3 people shot themselves to summon Persona, in Persona 5 they tear the mask off their face painfully to summon Persona. Is this a theme or what? Persona 4 didn't have anything like this, it was just tossing cards and crushing them.

I think it's supposed to represent the difficulty to let go of your "social mask", or persona. P3 was literally the team shooting themselves to force their Persona to appear. The card thing of Persona 4 was pretty lame.

P3 still has the best awakening scene ever, coupled with the intro with Yukari.

Top Bottom