• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Jiraiza

Temperance, Rank 9:

Initially, I thought I was going to romance Kawakami, but I'll probably just do a Makoto run this time. Teacher-zoned!

JMY86

I have been trudging through
Okumura's Palace
for several hours. I am out of SP and have swapped out all of my team members who are also out of SP. I used my last coffee just to make it through a fight. I entered the
Disposal Line
and finally found a fucking safe room waiting for me. I think I just climaxed...

I knew I recognized the English Va for Makoto from somewhere. Turns out it's an actress that's been around since the 80's, but most recently she was A2 in Nier.

It's not as funny as the other references, hence why I never bothered to bring it up lol

True point. Humour should be the OT focus, as it was. That said, when I saw OT2 pop up, my genuine reaction was "Another OT already? For real?" before I spent a few minutes feeling bad about what I had said.

JJShadow

Makoto is bae. Period

I love how much respect the others show for her since the very first minute, better not to mess with her lol

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
question about 10/28

why cant makoto scout sae's palace that day? was that part of trapping goro? wouldn't it be less suspicious to goro if everyone just go together with goro?

Jachaos

Okay cool. Meaning I can control it?

Yep. They behave like any other Persona. And since your stats (except HP and SP) are completely tied to your Persona, those extra levels can make a big difference.

Your party's Magic, Strength (physical attacks), Endurance (defense), Agility (ability to hit first, hit/avoid) and Luck (various stuff) will always go up as they level, but your ability to switch Persona means that your stats are tied to the level of the Persona you have equipped. So fusing a Persona of your level and having them gain Bonus EXP because of Social Links is essential for harder fights.

I'm gonna thumbs up the audio being bad. It's not unplayable, by any means, but it's easily the worst voice audio quality I've heard on Ps4. I'm sure there's worse out there, but I haven't experienced it. That, strangely, only applies to the voice acting though. Music seems fine.

Plum

Man, having a bunch of time after a palace is stressful. Always feel like I'm missing out on something.

FluxWaveZ

He didn't spoiler tag the date, I can see the date as normal text. And the date is correct. What are you guys even talking about ?

He edited it correctly after.

its correct though. they do the meeting in leblanc in 10/28 and enter palace 10/29. i literally just did this part

His post is spoiling something that happens after that date.

Anyone who is at that point in the game and thinks it's okay to highlight it will be spoiled. I thought that was the whole point of putting dates to properly mark spoilers.

A.J.

Banned
Makoto is bae. Period

I love how much respect the others show for her since the very first minute, better not to mess with her lol

Well the first minute of her revealing her persona. Everyone mostly treats her like shit up to that point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wtf at the palace 4 boss, it gets like a million turns in a row :/

Just finished the 7th palace

Holy shit that were a lot of boss fights without saving in between! Great fun though. Managed to beat them all without dying (got lucky a few times). Really curious what is going to happen next in the story...

Trago

Playing this game for so many hours in one sitting reminds why why I want Katsura Hashino on the director's chair for the next mainline SMT title. This game's pacing (so far) is excellent, while SMT IV's pacing was utter shit.

Hugstable

Banned
Pre 2nd Palace Spoilers Ahead

Omg Morgana turning into a Bus in Momentos is the most hilarious thing.
I literally spit out my water during the scene, and then again when after finishing a battle and the bus just rolls through the stats gained screen while still talking and giving a quip.

I'm loving this game, been switching between both JP and ENG Dub, think I'm gonna stick with JP overall as I've been enjoying it more, especially Morgana

RPGCrazied

Just got
Akechi
! Shame you can only use
him in 2 dungeons.
But
he really
is powerful.

Playing this game for so many hours in one sitting reminds why why I want Katsura Hashino on the director's chair for the next mainline SMT title. This game's pacing (so far) is excellent, while SMT IV's pacing was utter shit.

He actually already has been. He directed Shin Megami Tensei 3 (Nocturne) and Digital Devil Saga (not mainline SMT, I know, but similar enough). He used to be a designer/planner of the old MegaTen games like Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers and SMT...if before becoming Persona series director.

Linkura

Jesus, the starting dialogue for 10/28 is ROUGH. Really needs to be in the translation thread, but I think that thread died already...

Nimby

Banned
Kinda sucks P5 fusion isn't as refined as the fusion in SMTIV.

1. You have to manually summon Persona from the compendium for the triple + fusions, whereas in SMTIV, it would summon them automatically.

2. Game is awfully specific on where and how you access the Velvet Room. Why do I have to go to beginning of the dungeon? Why can't I use it in safe rooms? Why must I quick travel to Shibuya? SMTIV allowed you to access fusion straight from the menu, and it actually would have been cool to use your phone to access the Velvet Room.

At least they didn't go back to random skill inheritance lol

Zyrox

That feel when you've maxed all social stats and none of the confidants you still need to level are available on a given day...urgh the waste.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And Palace 4 down! I fucked up the first time because I
sent Makoto to the balista and then didnt have anyone to cleanse despair (didnt have any persona with it in MC, a lesson for the future)

I already love Futaba, cant wait for the rest of the game now that shes joining. Shes super cute, and not in a "hot" way. In fact, its kinda creepy you can even romace her, I don't care that Mona said shes our age, that reeks of "10 thousand year old dragon" excuse, she clearly looks and sounds much younger :/

Palace 4 was by far the best one so far btw.

Guess Who

Banned
That feel when you've maxed all social stats and none of the confidants you still need to level are available on a given day...urgh the waste.

On those days you can
go to the shrine to get a few points for a confidant you're working on.

nOoblet16

Just finished the 7th palace

Holy shit that were a lot of boss fights without saving in between! Great fun though. Managed to beat them all without dying (got lucky a few times). Really curious what is going to happen next in the story...
The only ones for which you can't save are Yakuza boss followed by Akechi. Honestly Akechi fight was sort of easy because he only targets MC and you can just buff the shit out of him and attack with everyone else. I had more trouble with the Yakuza boss who was a damage sponge. You should be able to save in between for everyone else. Although once you kill the first sub boss you have to kind of go back to the lobby to save which is very close but that's about it.

Sjefen

Damn, how long is this game? Played nearly 90 hours and feel I only scratched the surface. Have only done two
castles

nOoblet16

And Palace 4 down! I fucked up the first time because I
sent Makoto to the balista and then didnt have anyone to cleanse despair (didnt have any persona with it in MC, a lesson for the future)

I already love Futaba, cant wait for the rest of the game now that shes joining. Shes super cute, and not in a "hot" way. In fact, its kinda creepy you can even romace her, I don't care that Mona said shes our age, that reeks of "10 thousand year old dragon" excuse, she clearly looks and sounds much younger :/

Palace 4 was by far the best one so far btw.
You should buy some potions so that you don't have to rely on curing abilities so much that you can't do without it.

Futaba is younger than everyone else, she is like 15 but obviously looks even younger. I don't see how anyone would want to romance her as she comes off like a little sister.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
And then he summons this guy

827974-belphegor.jpg
His title before you obtain him is "Lord of Filth" or something similar, lol

Top Bottom