• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Aenima

That's a bit worrying. Is there a sure-fire way to tell if you've missed any of his texts? I suppose checking over past messages and seeing if there are any still bolded would be a method? Really don't want to lock myself out of a side mission.

I missed one in my NG+ cuz i was rushing and skipping alot stuff. I loaded a earlier save file and found his text message in the phone so he sent me one i just overlook it and did not acepted the request, making me not able to do one of the side mission. I will have to start again from that old save game for the plat.

The unanswered messages will have Mishima portraid in orange, the ones you already replyed will be all grey. Thats how i found out where was the old unanswerd message. But the phone only show the last 50 messages.

Thers some guides that show all side missions and what dificlty they are. Making sure you do all missions from a lower dificlty before moving on to higher dificulty is a good way to make sure you not missed any. Thats how i found out i was 1 mission short as i was getting request for missions of dificulty A and i dont have made one of dificulty C.

Jisgsaw

Holy shit! I just got a lvl60 Melchizedek from fusing a lvl40 power on network fusion!

Kinda related: I learned the hard way fusion accidents are still present in P5.
Sucked for me though, as I was fusing an ingredient for a strength S-Link, and got something I didn't need...

Kyrios

Kinda related: I learned the hard way fusion accidents are still present in P5.
Sucked for me though, as I was fusing an ingredient for a strength S-Link, and got something I didn't need...

Yeah I got boned once thanks to an accident as well. I save every time before I enter the Velvet Room after that happened.

Opa-Pa

Basically, he isn't good until endgame? And what do people do about his crap accuracy?

Sukukaja? I don't consistently use him yet, but that should solve it. Yusuke is bae though so I prioritize him either way.

Yeah, it's not even close. Ryuji's interactions with Ann are very natural for the most part.

Yosuke never really had that with any of the girls in P4. Too busy trying to sign them up for beauty pageants without their consent.

Yup, it's not even close. I've been watching my sister go through P4G for the first time and I'm actually surprised of how often Yosuke tries to make everyone uncomfortable just for fun, like not even just being a perv or being an ass to Kanji, but generally teasing people on touchy subjects. It sucks because I do appreciate the good parts about him, but he's consistently a homophobic and predatory asshat.

Ryuji I've complained about his perviness a lot, and yes he's loud and not smart, but that's it. He's still good friends with everyone. People like to pretend he's EVIL to Morgana (even though Mona is way more consistently rude to him, mind you), but they're definitely good friends as well, they even sing together at Mementos sometimes.

PK Gaming

Yup, it's not even close. I've been watching my sister go through P4G for the first time and I'm actually surprised of how often Yosuke tries to make everyone uncomfortable just for fun, like not even just being a perv or being an ass to Kanji, but generally teasing people on touchy subjects. It sucks because I do appreciate the good parts about him, but he's consistently an asshat.

Ryuji I've complained about his perviness a lot, and yes he's loud and not smart, but that's it. He's still good friends with everyone. People like to pretend he's EVIL to Morgana (even though Mona is way more consistently rude to him, mind you), but they're definitely good friends as well, they even sing together at Mementos sometimes.

Pretty much. The thing with Ryuji is that he is very deliberately set up as a character. He's loud, temperamental and obnoxious in a realistic way, especially given his
history with abuse
and newfound calling in the Phantom Thieves. He becomes obsessed with glory, and the game absolutely recognizes that it's a bad thing. He
even comes to regret it and resolves to do right by everyone.

It's totally different with Yosuke. His "moments" almost always count as comic relief, and game never calls him out on it. The "they're just teenagers" defense doesn't even apply to him because he's just an extremely exaggerated character. He has his moments of actually feeling like a genuine person, but those are almost entire found in his social link. It's a shame because I still like him, but he's not even remotely on the same level as Junpei/Ryuji are in terms of writing.

Zolo

*Hanging out with Mishima*

Shinya: Who is this guy? Your friend?

Choices
-More or less.

When you're not even given a nice option.

Salaadin

11/22
shido isn't the last dungeon, right? I can go through it and have free time until mid December?

I'm a bit confused because I was told there are only 7 dungeons and that you have until mid December to wrap up confidants. It's only 11/22 and I'm prepping to go into dungeon 7.

Opa-Pa

Yes, I was gonna mention that too but you nailed. The biggest difference between them is that outside of the perviness, Ryuji is made deliberately "annoying" as in, the writers know he comes off as selfish and immature, and it has a payoff later in the story.

With Yosuke there's never, ever an acknowledgement of how much of an idiot he is, it's always intended to be funny and "not wrong". No one ever teaches him that teasing Kanji on his perceived homosexuality is fucked up or that he's being predatory to the girls, because the writers don't see a problem with his attitude.

Also if you're going to excuse their perviness with "it's just teenage boy stuff" (I don't), then only Ryuji really qualifies... Unless you consider forcing female friends to wear a bikini for you and exposing them in an embarrassing situation in front of the entire school against their consent things you'd have done back in high school, in which case, um, wow.

Toki767

11/22
shido isn't the last dungeon, right? I can go through it and have free time until mid December?

I'm a bit confused because I was told there are only 7 dungeons and that you have until mid December to wrap up confidants. It's only 11/22 and I'm prepping to go into dungeon 7.
You can do it right away if you want. You'll still have to wait until the deadline for the story to continue in the meantime.

Bladenic

End of August, got Chariot, Lovers (platonic), and Sun maxed. A few at rank 7 waiting for the Mementos requests, the rest are 4-6 except Hanged Man which is 2. All stats at 4, though proficiency and kindness are pretty freshly upgraded so that's gonna be a away until max.

LotusHD

Banned
Why am I not spending every day having Becky do stuff now when she does it for free?

I don't know, why aren't you?

The weirdest thing by far concerning our relationship with Becky is that she keeps her outfit even though she quit...

RalchAC

Pretty much. The thing with Ryuji is that he is very deliberately set up as a character. He's loud, temperamental and obnoxious in a realistic way, especially given his
history with abuse
and newfound calling in the Phantom Thieves. He becomes obsessed with glory, and the game absolutely recognizes that it's a bad thing. He
even comes to regret it and resolves to do right by everyone.

It's totally different with Yosuke. His "moments" almost always count as comic relief, and game never calls him out on it. The "they're just teenagers" defense doesn't even apply to him because he's just an extremely exaggerated character. He has his moments of actually feeling like a genuine person, but those are almost entire found in his social link. It's a shame because I still like him, but he's not even remotely on the same level as Junpei/Ryuji are in terms of writing.

At those points, he is used as a narrative device too. It's the game screaming at you that
the Phantom Thieves are blind by their popularity!
. He isn't is the only character that feels like that. But the way other members of the cast are, you won't have them openly talking about it in the same way. So either you have him or Ann acting that way. And Ann doesn't need
to be a celebrity to get a boyfriend if she wants.

Same for other instances. Generally, Ann and Ryuji are the dumb members of your group. They do dumb things and are used as a device so "insert future party member" becomes aware of their identities. Or they're used to ask questions so the game can make an info dump.

I don't get the Ryuji hate. Honestly. He can be annoying at times, but some guys here treat him as if he was some kind of asshole that had no redeeming qualities.

I need to replay P3 and 4, but imo he is the best "bro" in the series.

Wiseblood

Well fuck. Looks like I got screwed out of the max all confidants trophy because they decided to make Sun completely unavailable in December.

Vamphuntr

Well fuck. Looks like I got screwed out of the max all confidants trophy because they decided to make Sun completely unavailable in December.

He tells you he won't be available through text messages. Same for Temperance, past a point you can't finish her S link if you didn't see the event at school.

Kyrios

End of August, got Chariot, Lovers (platonic), and Sun maxed. A few at rank 7 waiting for the Mementos requests, the rest are 4-6 except Hanged Man which is 2. All stats at 4, though proficiency and kindness are pretty freshly upgraded so that's gonna be a away until max.

You're set up really nice there. I can see Hanged Man being low because of the stat requirement.

LotusHD

Banned
she basically says she doesn't want people to recognize her

She said that? I don't recall. I mean, I guess. She could at least change when she arrives, or even better, just wear something else lol

Also she still calls me Master too, though at that point I suppose it was more light flirting on her part.

MSMrRound

I don't know, why aren't you?

The weirdest thing by far concerning our relationship with Becky is that she keeps her outfit even though she quit...

She's still
their teacher and it would seem all kind of weird if she was spotted heading into Leblanc all by herself, which was why she decided to wear her maid outfit to "disguise" herself. It was what she said.

Ann: "If you had two girls with the exact same nice personality in front of you, which one would you choose?"
Ryuji: "The prettier one"
Ann: "oh, so looks are what's most important to you?"

Uh, Ann, you might want to check your logic there.

Opa-Pa

Ann: "If you had two girls with the exact same nice personality in front of you, which one would you choose?"

"Your second answer reflects your true feelings even though I clearly tricked you into having no other choice! Checkmate atheists..."

RalchAC

Ryuji: "The one with the hottest bod!"

Fixed that for accuracy. Some spoiler tags won't hurt either, although I don't really mind it :p

She said that? I don't recall. I mean, I guess. She could at least change when she arrives, or even better, just wear something else lol

Also she still calls me Master too, though at that point I suppose it was more light flirting on her part.

she didn't say it till after I finished her social link, odds are most players just skip through her dialogue the first time they request her post level 10 slink since they've seen it a dozen times by that point

LotusHD

Banned

"Your second answer reflects your true feelings even though I clearly tricked you into having no other choice! Checkmate atheists..."

I mean, I kinda see where she's coming from in that someone would likely give the "safe, bland" answer instead of just being honest about it. But at the same time, her framing it as this "gotcha moment" in this roundabout way where she probably already made assumptions about Ryuji's true tastes was not cool. :p

she didn't say it till after I finished her social link, odds are most players just skip through her dialogue the first time they request her post level 10 slink since they've seen it a dozen times by that point

This was definitely me. At some point, you just rush through a lot of the dialogue in this game, because they say the same stuff more or less over and over again.

Linkura

Finished the game. Was about 100 hours- 110 on the clock, but I'd imagine at least 10 of that was idling. Got all the trophies except the New Game+-exclusive ones. What a ride. Kind of dragged out near the end, and the game itself isn't perfect, but they don't make a lot of games like this one these days. A great JRPG.

Now onto the Spoiler Thread.

100 hours later, on my second playthrough, in the third Palace, and I finally got the hostage prompt lol

Well, they had to integrate the Thieves' Guild in battle somehow. But so far, giving 3 freebies for a hostage is too much for a single trip to a Palace, much more for an entire playthrough lol

DNAbro

100 hours later, on my second playthrough, in the third Palace, and I finally got the hostage prompt lol

Well, they had to integrate the Thieves' Guild in battle somehow. But so far, giving 3 freebies for a hostage is too much for a single trip to a Palace, much more for an entire playthrough lol

Did you get to trophy if you use Thieves Guild? I still haven't seen it and I'm almost done on my 2nd playthrough.

FHIZ

So I'm thinking ahead in my NG+ play through where I'll try and get the platinum, but looking at where I am now in October and level 44, how the heck am I supposed to be able to fuse Persona in the 70 and 80 levels? Am I just going to get some huge experience spike from here to the end of the game, is there something that allows you to fuse things that are higher levels, or just grinding and grinding and grinding?

I could savescum and check, but I'm a bit lazy so I was wondering if there any any books unlocked for doing:

- diner
- maid cafe
- big burger challenge
- watching DVDs

Akim

Banned
Palace 5 help

What is the rebellious elephant weak to? Does it change every time? These guys are murdering me.

Toki767

So I'm thinking ahead in my NG+ play through where I'll try and get the platinum, but looking at where I am now in October and level 44, how the heck am I supposed to be able to fuse Persona in the 70 and 80 levels? Am I just going to get some huge experience spike from here to the end of the game, is there something that allows you to fuse things that are higher levels, or just grinding and grinding and grinding?
Get Strength Confidant to Rank 10.

or

Farm the Reaper.

Veitsev

The reaper in mementos gives like 75k+ xp every time you kill him and you can cheese the fight during flu season. If you get the twin wardens to rank 10 you can pay for higher fusions but it gets very costly.

Top Bottom