• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Toki767

Man...it says a lot that even with fast forwarding and skipping all the cutscenes, it still took me 2 hours to go from the start of the game to beating the 1st Palace in NG+.

Ultimadrago

I think I got mine in either Palace 6 or 7. That being said, I didn't switch often unless I use
Star's FF10 skills

That pace makes sense if you're going through the game normally. I found myself "grinding" Mementos floors for situations and status ailments to make sure I had enough terms for the current party before advancing.

I wouldn't have done that otherwise, but I went through the first play through of the game without activating it at all due to lack of switching for the vast majority of the game. I couldn't believe it in retrospect. Haha

Thud

Man...it says a lot that even with fast forwarding and skipping all the cutscenes, it still took me 2 hours to go from the start of the game to beating the 1st Palace in NG+.

I have about 40 hours in NG+ and that's with skipping a lot of dialogue and playing on safety.

Aenima

Quick question: around what level should I be for palace 2 boss?

If ur playing with the Thirves Guild on, you can click in the touch pad (outside a dungeon) to see the average level of the other players had around that time. But you dont need to grind levels for any dungeon, between completing a pacace and doing missions in mementos, you will always be the same level or above level of the enemies.

You can also use the the Third Eye in a palaces to see what color are the enemies. If they green it meens you already OP compared to then. If yellow they are same level as you, and red they are higher leveled. You dont need to level up more for any boss compared to the enemies in that palace.

PBalfredo

Try to find their weakness and ask them to be your persona. They'll give you something and let you go. That's the way I was able to reach the treasure with just one day.

Use your gun.
Thanks. I wasn't searching for weakness because the heavenly punisher that served as the mini boss didn't have any weaknesses. These guys have the exact same name and model as the mini boss, but apparently they are different... -_-

daveo42

Banned
I'm actually loving going through the story again, especially the early parts. The lack of access to do stuff sucks, but the early story is damn good. First palace and boss is a real sack of shit.

Recall

I don't know how some of you know how to correctly spend your free time to raise both the social stats and raise confidant levels to max multiple of them nevermind just one.

I need more guts and charm....and less days of the Cat still telling me it's bed time. It's the summer holidays let me do things, talking to my friends doesn't exhaust me, it excites me to do more cool hanging out. So let me!

Kyrios

Okay first of all I don't buy that shit. My friends didnt blatantly oogle and stare and make comments about girls that they were supposed to be friends with. And it's not like one time. The palace 4 anime scene and the beach scene both have them, especially Ryuji, blatantly obejctifying Ann.

I'm just tired of this juvenile ass shit. Make up your minds, you either have a mature game with positive themes about being yourself or whatever the fuck, or you have stupid ass animu teenage shit. Stupid ass shit like this just seems desperate and takes away from their supposed main themes.

And also I just hate Ryuji so yeah. Stop making awful characters like this idiot too while you're at it, Persona team.

Man, you'd hate my old high school then. Ryuji acted no different than nearly every 16 year old male teenager I knew back in the day or even now when I teach at the high school I work at, actually it's even more blatant now. I laughed at that scene because it reminded me of high school. Hormones be raging at that age.

I just can't be bothered by the high school perviness in these games. I find it much more relatable than reprehensible.

Some of the other problems in P4 I do take issue with.

I'm trying to stockpile some requests for my next visit to Mementos. I know you can get a couple by working four shifts each in the convenience store and the flower shop, but is it obvious as to when you get requests specific to those places, or does Mishima does email you one without fanfare when you fill the quota? Because I think I've already worked in the convenience store four times, but I'm not certain.

Thanks in advance.

duckroll

I'm trying to stockpile some requests for my next visit to Mementos. I know you can get a couple by working four shifts each in the convenience store and the flower shop, but is it obvious as to when you get requests specific to those places, or does Mishima does email you one without fanfare when you fill the quota? Because I think I've already worked in the convenience store four times, but I'm not certain.

Thanks in advance.

I think you misunderstand how it works. Regardless whether you have worked at any of those places or not, Mishima contacts you about something happening at a fixed date as far as I can tell. You just can't do the actual request in Mementos until you have a name. To get the name you need to work there after getting the request.

nOoblet16

Someone red pill me, why does everyone think Ryuji is so good? I'm around level 47-48 for all my characters, and even after baton passes he misses pretty often, and doesn't have a skill like Yusuke that scales with a baton pass. Why should I keep this goober in my party for physical damage?
Cause you are not there yet. Ryuji around late 50s gets charge (2.5x damage) + God's hand (colossal damage skill, only MC and Yusuke have these and only the MC can get charge) + All party attack buff.

He is by far the biggest damage dealer and only matched my MC, who is more useful being the party shaman than damage dealer.

Zafir

Sigh.

The Futaba voice lines trophy may be the death of my platinum. I never got it on my first playthrough, since I evidently didn't swap party members enough. Figured it'd be okay and I'll get it on NG+, but considering for most of it I've basically been overlevelled and decimating everything. I'm really not so sure.

Now I'm in December and stuck trying to grind it in Momentos, and fuck is it not fun. Any one got any tips?

Aenima

Thanks in advance.

You dont need to work there 1st. Mishima will send you a text message with a request, only then you need to work in some places to find the identity of the targets.

Just make sure you dont miss any of his text messages. I dont replyed to one of his text messages and now i cant do one of the side missions anymore as his text message is already gone from the phone.

Kyrios

Sigh.

The Futaba voice lines trophy may be the death of my platinum. I never got it on my first playthrough, since I evidently didn't swap party members enough. Figured it'd be okay and I'll get it on NG+, but considering for most of it I've basically been overlevelled and decimating everything. I'm really not so sure.

Now I'm in December and stuck trying to grind it in Momentos, and fuck is it not fun. Any one got any tips?

Status effects are a good chunk, try giving characters Mystery Stew. They recover 30% SP but lower every attribute.

nOoblet16

Sigh.

I played normally and got it while fighting last boss. I think there are more than 250 lines, so you don't have to aim for it specifically. Just swap party members mid fight every now and then and keep playing normally.

Aenima

Sigh.

Got that in my 1st run near the end without even trying. But i did used all my party members.

Does the trophy consist in 250 unike lines, or can be repeated ones? Cuz if its for repeated, you can do it easy with targeting enemy weaknesses + all out attacks.

Guess Who

Banned
I also got the Futaba voice lines trophy without even trying during the final boss. The final boss
inflicts a bunch of status effects and has some unique Futaba lines for its attacks
that make it really easy to hear a bunch of Futaba lines during it, I guess.

nOoblet16

I have Yoshitsune and I will be able to fuse
Satanael
so I think it's just a matter of figuring out the strategy to win.
You should try going to that fight alone, better that way most likely. Your damage depends on your Persona but it also partially depends on your current level, so even with Yoshitsune you will be doing reduced damage. But if your Yoshitsune is a super version that can null/drain/repel attacks then go for it as soon as mementos unlocks. If you lose then just try again later when you are higher level, you get rewards from that fight even for losing.

Ultimadrago

Sigh.

Mementos at that point. Find key enemy types that cast statuses and switch. Being over-leveled shouldn't be a very huge issue; hit enemies from the front and have party members use buff spells on the MC or heal small amounts of health to avoid them from Guarding (which may get in the way of effects). Don't forget other line types like Low-Health, Missing (both easy to get from Reaper) and Sleep (from Sandman).

The final boss will give you some new lines, but obviously, you don't want to hold it off for that long if it can be helped.

It is not fun when you have to go this route.

Got that in my 1st run near the end without even trying. But i did used all my party members.

Does the trophy consist in 250 unike lines, or can be repeated ones? Cuz if its for repeated, you can do it easy with targeting enemy weaknesses + all out attacks.

Unique.

Toki767

You should try going to that fight alone, better that way most likely. Your damage depends on your Persona but it also partially depends on your current level, so even with Yoshitsune you will be doing reduced damage. But if your Yoshitsune is a super version that can null/drain/repel attacks then go for it as soon as mementos unlocks. If you lose then just try again later when you are higher level, you get rewards from that fight even for losing.
Yeah I do have that super Yoshitsune. I'm considering trying to grind on the Reaper in May first. Otherwise level 17 seems a bit low.

Zafir

Pretty sure it's unique. I don't believe progress carries over into NG+ either (which is really silly btw)

Status effects are a good chunk, try giving characters Mystery Stew. They recover 30% SP but lower every attribute.

Hmm, good shout, I forgot about that stew.

Mementos at that point. Find key enemy types that cast statuses and switch. Being over-leveled shouldn't be a very huge issue; hit enemies from the front and have party members use buff spells on the MC or heal small amounts of health to avoid them from Guarding (which may get in the way of effects). Don't forget other line types like Low-Health, Missing (both easy to get from Reaper) and Sleep (from Sandman).

The final boss will give you some new lines, but obviously, you don't want to hold it off for that long if it can be helped.

It is not fun when you have to go this route.

Yeah, it's a shit trophy honestly. I remember they put it in 4G too, heard it was terrible in that.

11/11 Got my social stats maxed out wooo!

Devil Confidant spoiler
Wow, I didn't expect this confidant to link to the mental shutdowns storyline and throw suspicion to that Shido guy who's been appearing recently in the story.

Yeah, it's not even close. Ryuji's interactions with Ann are very natural for the most part.

Yosuke never really had that with any of the girls in P4. Too busy trying to sign them up for beauty pageants without their consent.

And emotionally blackmailing them into wearing bathing suits so he could ogle them. Which didn't even make sense, because they didn't try to ruin dinner and they suffered for screwing it up, too.

God, Yosuke was such a misogynistic shithead.

You dont need to work there 1st. Mishima will send you a text message with a request, only then you need to work in some places to find the identity of the targets.

Just make sure you dont miss any of his text messages. I dont replyed to one of his text messages and now i cant do one of the side missions anymore as his text message is already gone from the phone.

That's a bit worrying. Is there a sure-fire way to tell if you've missed any of his texts? I suppose checking over past messages and seeing if there are any still bolded would be a method? Really don't want to lock myself out of a side mission.

Guess Who

Banned
In any case, my backup party members were never more than a level or two behind my main group, which made it really easy to swap out whenever. I hated how P3/P4 either made you grind backup members or just stick with one team.

PK Gaming

People here were saying that Haru is better than Ann. I'm not feeling it. I prefer having 2 back-up healers.

Ann's healing isn't that great since it's single target, but i'd still argue she's better due to her consistent debuff ability + ridiculous damage in the lategame. They're not really comparable though since they do different things.

Question regarding inflicting status effects - the confusion status effect specificaly. I know you may abuse this to rack up cash in the game by confusing mementos bosses. I am currently on the area that opens up after the 4th palace and the status effect never hits. Is the chance of inflicting it based on a stat? I know I had no trouble using it on one of the earlier bosses where I eventually saved up to 1.2M.

Top Bottom