• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

rec0ded1

First time dying in palace and lost about an hour of gameplay. So pissed I just turned off the game...Knowing I'll turn in back on in 10 mins.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I have to give P4 something over 5 is the music. Even just a few hours in the music is already fantastic.

Balphon

After hours of fusing and hundreds of thousands of yen, I did it! I completed the Strength Confidant! From 4 to 10 in one sitting. Now I can fuse Personas higher than my level!

...once I have more than ¥2,000.

Awesome.

Sorry that Stone of Scone business tripped you up. The treasure personas seem to be different from normal fusion in that (a) they use current level rather than base level to calculate the result and (b) they act like they are of the same arcana as the other fusion ingredient even if they aren't.

Opa-Pa

As a general Megaten fan, the last stretch of the game and its mini bosses are fucking amazing, wow. Never expected this from modern Persona.

LiK

First time dying in palace and lost about an hour of gameplay. So pissed I just turned off the game...Knowing I'll turn in back on in 10 mins.

I had to redo 30 min of stuff cuz I forgot to save in the damn save rooms. I dunno what I was thinking. Never forgot after that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The game really wants me to pick Makoto, or is it just me since she was my original choice? So many teasing moments in mandatory story scenes.

JMY86

I finished my playthrough of Persona 5 tonight completed save clocked in at 101 hours and choosing Tae as my romance target. I fell in love with this game pretty quickly and it now easily my GOTY. I grew up on PC RPG's & JRPG's but this has been first JRPG in years as I feel the quality of JRPG's has been pretty poor the last 10 years or so. This was also my first Persona game and I think I am hooked, I wish I had jumped in sooner but I think I am now a customer for life. I ordered a Vita and P4G which should be arriving on Friday and I can't waut to jump in...

LiK

I finished my playthrough of Persona 5 tonight completed save clocked in at 101 hours and choosing Tae as my romance target. I fell in love with this game pretty quickly and it now easily my GOTY. I grew up on PC RPG's & JRPG's but this has been first JRPG in years as I feel the quality of JRPG's has been pretty poor the last 10 years or so. This was also my first Persona game and I think I am hooked, I wish I had jumped in sooner but I think I am now a customer for life. I ordered a Vita and P4G which should be arriving on Friday and I can't waut to jump in...

excellent

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I died like 4 times near the end of Palace 4. Those laughing baboons man

hURv51I.png

TheStig88

The game really wants me to pick Makoto, or is it just me since she was my original choice? So many teasing moments in mandatory story scenes.
Not just you. She definitely comes across as the 'canon' relationship IMO, with as many scenes as she has and the way she assumes the role of your right hand lady.

Salaadin

Do they lock you out of maxing out certain confidants for some reason? I've been rank 9 Kawakami for over a week. She shows up on the map but its greyed out. I call her, she's on break.

Zesh

12/24:
I just got to the second safe room -- is this the last one, or do I still have more to go? Also, will I get a chance to do anything else after this? I want to know if I need to fuse the remaining personas in the compendium now.

Guess Who

Banned
12/24:
I just got to the second safe room -- is this the last one, or do I still have more to go? Also, will I get a chance to do anything else after this? I want to know if I need to fuse the remaining personas in the compendium now.

This will not be your last opportunity to fuse, if that is your concern.

Opa-Pa

So I made it to the last save point before the final boss, but I've been taking my sweet time because this area is too much fun combat wise. There's good exp and money to be made, so I'm grinding a bit for the first time.

I'm mostly making money to get some kickass personas before the end, also to have a backup save in case I want to make some more and beat the game again and transfer better ones to NG+.

My time at the Velvet Room hasn't been in vain of course, I made a great Raphael and a Vishnu thanks to the strength condidant.

Good luck touching me suckers, lmao.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The line trophy popped up. T_T

Palace 7 is residentsleeper

become a rat, go in grate, unlock door, turn off rat alarm, unlock another door, turn on rat alarm, repat

Thank God these segments are short. Worst mechanic in the game by far.

ShadyK54

Cool to hear! P4G is amazing as well. One of my favorite games of all time.

I just reached the treasure in the 6th palace and I'm really struggling to find motivation to continue. The dungeons are such a slog and I don't even enjoy doing them anymore. I've maxed all but one social link and even the regular days are just exercises in finding ways to burn time now. This game just feels way too long for its own good, I want to finish it, but I don't want to spend 10s of more hours to see how it ends. I'm tired of the pacing. I'm tired of all the pointless ambient dialogue and text chats that say absolutely nothing of worth, but I'm forced to endure every calendar day.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just finished the 6th palace and I'm really struggling to find motivation to continue. The dungeons are such a slog and I don't even enjoy doing them anymore. I've maxed all but one social link and even the regular days are just exercises in finding ways to burn time now. This game just feels way too long for its own good, I want to finish it, but I don't want to spend 10s of more hours to see how it ends.

Not every game has to be for everyone. Move on and godspeed!

So I just got to Level 5 with the Strength Confidant, maybe someone can clarify:
Are Caroline/Justine referring to Elizabeth or Margaret when they're talking ab out the unknown hand writing or will that just be revealed when I get further in?

LiK

I just finished the 6th palace and I'm really struggling to find motivation to continue. The dungeons are such a slog and I don't even enjoy doing them anymore. I've maxed all but one social link and even the regular days are just exercises in finding ways to burn time now. This game just feels way too long for its own good, I want to finish it, but I don't want to spend 10s of more hours to see how it ends.

take a lil break and come back.

Guess Who

Banned
So I just got to Level 5 with the Strength Confidant, maybe someone can clarify:
Are Caroline/Justine referring to Elizabeth or Margaret when they're talking ab out the unknown hand writing or will that just be revealed when I get further in?

It will be revealed in time.

take a lil break and come back.

Take a break from the game itself, but also for god's sake, take a break from the palace in-game if it starts to become a slog. Getting everything is not worth it if you're not enjoying the moment-to-moment in-between.

This is a bizarre response to someone 90 hours in.

I might need to do that. How far am I from the end in terms of hours?

Probably 10-15

LiK

I might need to do that. How long am I from the end in terms of hours?

Still got a ways to go but i'll have to let you know that it gets REAL good. but def take a break. no need to feel burnt out by it. Persona is an epic game.

I might need to do that. How far am I from the end in terms of hours?

Still really far, I'm at least 10 hours past where you are and I'm nowhere near done

Also if you aren't enjoying something there is no value in continuing it even if you've put 1000s of hours into it. You can't get that time back it's a sunk cost if you need another 100 hours to finish but you'd be miserable doing so you're better off spending that 100 hours doing something you enjoy.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

If you are struggling to finish a game after 90 hours/the sixth dungeon, that's on you. The story and characters obviously didn't grab you. Just move on. The next dungeons are twice as long as six. We can't all like the same games. Move on. Live happy.

Still really far, I'm at least 10 hours past where you are and I'm nowhere near done

Also if you aren't enjoying something there is no value in continuing it even if you've put 1000s of hours into it. You can't get that time back it's a sunk cost if you need another 100 hours to finish but you'd be miserable doing so you're better off spending that 100 hours doing something you enjoy.

I'm not miserable, I more just wanted to vent about it a bit. The reaction I'm getting here as if I said the game killed my pet is a bit strange though.

If you are struggling to finish a game after 90 hours/the sixth dungeon, that's on you. The story and characters obviously didn't grab you. Just move on. The next dungeons are twice as long as six. We can't all like the same games. Move on. Live happy.

This is dismissive in a pretty useless way. "That's on you" is not a good response to any criticism. I don't even dislike the game.

LiK

Oh.

I'm not 100% sure it affects it at all, but I equip her stuff that raises luck to increase chances of her skills triggering in battle. It

lol, guess I'm not the only one who equipped a Luck based item on her and hoped it works.

ramyeon

Thinking of picking up a used PS3 after beating this. I never had one so never played the Arena games despite owning copies of both. Worth it? Would be good for PS2 classic versions of FES, 4, DDS and Nocturne as well - how do these run on PS3? I have PS2 copies but not keen on running those on my HDTV.

Top Bottom