• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Opa-Pa

Turns out I was right, these bad boys have a critical rate of 100% when using Sword Dance thanks to Apt Pupil
5yOfY3F.jpg

n69xb4S.jpg

I'm not sure if high luck is required, but I did an entire money grind session in the final section of the game with Vishnu, and every single time he used Sword Dance it resulted in a critical, that's like 60+ criticals in a row (we dis 340k via negotiations!), so it's definitely 100% guaranteed and not just very likely.

I haven't tested Satan extensively yet, but he didn't fail any of the four criticals I attempted, and considering his stats, I doubt he'll fail any.

So yeah, that more than half an hour trying to give Vishnu Apt Pupil via gallows was worth it, thank god.

I'll leave the final boss for tomorrow because this experimentation took way too much time haha.

Jiraiza

Woo, I did it. I maxed out every Confidant except for the story ones (Fool, Magician, and Justice) and still have 8 days left to spare. Maxed out my stats in this playthrough, too. Now the only thing that remains is the 7th Palace, bahaha.

Rizzi

I'd like to know since I'm checking all the skills and there's really nothing I see that can improve my Arsene. No idea what you're researching, but I must be missing something since you seem pretty confident about it.

Someone made a similar build on Alice (ignoring the Survival Trick), so I don't think there's anything else.

Seeing an Alice without Die for Me just doesn't seem right. :p

ChrisD

Mispronunciation aside, it's soooo good.

Heads-up/reminder to everyone here that the whole Soundtrack is on iTunes. $1.29 per song or $30 for the whole 100+ track album. Pretty hefty tag, but if you just want a few select tracks for now (like me) it's easier to stomach!

End of 12/23 into 12/24
Well screw you, Igor, I'll prove you wrong. I'm the friggin' protagonist, what you talkin' about "I can't do anything"?

Zyrox

The Almighty Arsene is complete.

God, I wish I could've gotten the stats to look perfect and be 40/90/45/90/40. My OCD is triggered so hard.

I feel like concentrate /charge are a waste on attacking Personas. Better to put those on a support Persona (you stay charged up until you use an attack of the type you charged up for, even if you switch Personas) and free up that slot for something like Enduring Soul. Also, can Morning Star not be inherited? I know Black Viper can but I haven't fused Lucifer yet.

wighti

90 some hours later it's finished. What a ride!

Glad they left an easy spot to grind out some xp and money right at the end, was able to make me some kick ass persona and nearly finish my compendium. Think I'll need a few months break before I dive back in to finish up any lose ends.

Jiraiza

I feel like concentrate /charge are a waste on attacking Personas. Better to put those on a support Persona (you stay charged up until you use an attack of the type you charged up for, even if you switch Personas) and free up that slot for something like Enduring Soul. Also, can Morning Star not be inherited? I know Black Viper can but I haven't fused Lucifer yet.

Yeah, I thought about that, too. Still in the middle of building my support/buff Personas, though. It doesn't sound like Morning Star is inheritable if it's a unique skill to Lucifer. If only I could get Door of Hades from Thanatos...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Goddamn some of you have too much time on your hands, there is not a single challenge in this game warrant the necessity of having a persona with 99 in all the stats, hahaha.

Just incredible some of the efforts being invested here.

Jiraiza

Goddamn some of you have too much time on your hands, there is not a single challenge in this game warrant the necessity of having a persona with 99 in all the stats, hahaha.

Just incredible some of the efforts being invested here.

I won't rest until I can destroy everything with a single cast!

ChrisD

The final dungeon has like zero save points. It's 4AM now, and I've been done for an hour. But I was afraid of leaving the system in Rest Mode, didn't want to lose data.

Probably should have prioritized sleep over data, though..

Ravage

Is there surround sound support for this game?

Edit: Asking because I'm shopping for a soundbar and this will affect my purchase decision.

Vorheez

Third dungeon? I'd say it's closer to
25% than halfway.
Kind of in-between!
Great news :)

I took a chance with both and it turns out that Yakuza and Persona are some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. These games don't come around often

Sent the
calling card
for the second palace but had to stop before going in for the boss fight. At this rate I might be done by the end of the year.

I finished Persona 5 10 hours ago. It sure was a great experience. Here are some things that I liked/disliked, Spoilers will be marked:

Liked:

-The team. In previous Persona games there were always some party members I totally disliked, for example in Persona 3 it was Yukari & Junpei. In Persona 4 it was The Protagonist (I hate his character and his grey hair) & Yosuke. But with Persona 5 I ended up liking EVERYONE from the team, which is seriously odd because of these reasons:
Protagonist - He doesn't talk much but his voice actor fits perfect for him
Ryuji - At first I thought he was another Junpei, Yosuke (both I totally dislike) but that wasn't the case, I did not use him in battle much after I were able to swap teammates but I liked his company.
Ann - Blonde, hot, pigtails, catsuit, whips, funny/awkward acting skills, need I to go on?
Morgana - I don't like how he treats Ryuji or how he wants you to sleep early and then wakes you up for conversations.. but I ended up really liking him.
Yusuke - This one is dificult. Before I played the game, I watched the anime & looked up stuff online. I liked his design overall but I mostly hate all his DLC costumes, except the SMTIV samurai, which totally fits for him. When I first met him, I hated this guy. Seriously. I totally hated him and I was dissapointed by that, because I thought I would like him and I even let him in my main team but after
the second palace
, everything went better and he ended up my favorite team mate and side character and he is totally funny.
Makoto - Ok, many of you guys say, she's so great and canon waifu etc.. I can see why people say this but I don't share this opinion. She has better healing abilities than Ann but I ended up not having her in my team because I like Ann more than her.
Futaba - Great overall, in every aspect, great teammate and confidant
Haru - My girl, I like everything about her, she likes me stockpiles episodes and binge watch them
Goro - I love this guy. I could relate to him.
Naoto still remains the detective prince though. I could easily see a spin off of him being the MC, like they did with Maya in Eternal Punishment.
The only reason why I like Yusuke more than him is
because in the end they basically forgot about Goro's existence. It does feel like a rushed execution for him.

- The last 3 palaces.
Especially the mice gimmick

- The fusion system.

- The onfidant abilities, are great overall.

Disliked:

- The many time skips at the very end of the game, I see why they did it but the game had no timeskips at all, aside from exams.

- The confidants are a total letdown

- Igor's voice.
The real and the fake. I liked the fake one's in the end though.

- Camera movement in the cover system

- I find myself having a hard time going into NG+, even though
I have all confidants items and 99% compendium, I think I only miss Satanael.
I don't want to FFWD all the scenes but I don't want to relive all scenes either, if you know what I mean.

- Even though I like Morgana, I ended up liking Teddie more...

Overall. I have to say. I ended up knowing that Persona 3 is my favorite Persona and it needs a mix remake FES&P3P.

Verder

PALACE 7 ENDING SPOILERS .

To be honest I'm fucking angry that I already had the hunch that goro was gonna die . I had that shit spoiled in the comments section in a sonic video on YouTube . So the scene was more like" eh" instead of "AWW FUCK MAH BOIIIIIIIII"

Thud

Woo, I did it. I maxed out every Confidant except for the story ones (Fool, Magician, and Justice) and still have 8 days left to spare. Maxed out my stats in this playthrough, too. Now the only thing that remains is the 7th Palace, bahaha.

New game? Impressive if so.

BigAT

Is there any way to turn off the auto-win/capture Persona functionality after you obtain it? I feel like I'm missing out on the XP/money from those fights and not actually getting anything since I'm already full on Personas.

Zaru

Is there any way to turn off the auto-win/capture Persona functionality after you obtain it? I feel like I'm missing out on the XP/money from those fights and not actually getting anything since I'm already full on Personas.

Don't ambush them. If you're that far above in level, it doesn't make much of a difference in the fight.

Don't ambush enemies; wait for them to turn around before pouncing. Then you can fight them normally.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

No, it's really annoying for someone like me who's generally over leveled so most enemies are blue/weak and end up being auto killed when you try and sneak on them.

But it also sucks if you take a fight head on, the enemy gets first turn and uses fucking Mamudo and it hits.

I don't think I ever even put Haru in my active party. What a wasted member.

Me neither, but for me it was mostly because her character seemed to have the least story relevance in the game .. she's just there and has the least reason/story relevance to be there.. also by the time she was there I was very comfortable with my main party and didn't feel like changing it.

Top Bottom