• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Corpekata

Banned
PALACE 7 ENDING SPOILERS .

To be honest I'm fucking angry that I already had the hunch that goro was gonna die . I had that shit spoiled in the comments section in a sonic video on YouTube . So the scene was more like" eh" instead of "AWW FUCK MAH BOIIIIIIIII"

The scene sucks whether you got spoiled or not. Such an awful tone deaf moment.

nOoblet16

I don't think I ever even put Haru in my active party. What a wasted member.
That's on you though.
She is by far the most flexible party member after MC and her damage is close to Ryuji/Ann (not as high those two but certainly quite a bit higher than Yusuke) since you can get 75% passive boost for both Psy and Guns + She has all stat buff which further increases damage + She has One shot kill or the other AoE fun skill (both of which have high crit rate)

nOoblet16

Haru, Ann and Ryuuji would do so much damage it ain't funny.
Yep, though that means MC would have to do heals on top of the debuffs but then again the few times MC does damage he'd do a lot of it as well. So yep that's the most offensive party combo by far !

nOoblet16

No, it's really annoying for someone like me who's generally over leveled so most enemies are blue/weak and end up being auto killed when you try and sneak on them.

But it also sucks if you take a fight head on, the enemy gets first turn and uses fucking Mamudo and it hits.

Me neither, but for me it was mostly because her character seemed to have the least story relevance in the game .. she's just there and has the least reason/story relevance to be there.. also by the time she was there I was very comfortable with my main party and didn't feel like changing it.
Honestly the only way you can instawin the fights is if you are 10+ levels above them, and if you are then fighting them is a pure waste of time as they won't give you anything that is worthwhile.

If the enemy gets first turn even with you being 10+ level above them then something is wrong and you most likely need to fix your agility as that shit shouldn't happen at all. And even after all that you shouldn't ever see a game over because with that much level advantage you have high enough evasion + party member abilities to withstand instakills + shield Joker from it.

The chances of you dying to a Mamudo befire even getting a turn in that particular situation is like several thousand to one. Because in my 190 hours of playthrough it has never happened. You can make it so that no matter what you always get the first turn, simply by ewuiping your highest agility persona.

Yu Narukami

I think I'm going to skip some confidents. Some of the dialogues are really boring. Mid-October now and my stats are already maxed. I'm going to sleep when the confidents that interest me aren't available.

Aselith

Never really realized that.

Poor lass was never used aside from her first palace lol.

How can you not use True Queen Haru! She has best defensive skills Makakarn and Tetrakarn and tons of stuff is weak to Psio AND she's got best toppler One Shot Kill. She's the best.

daveo42

Banned
Haru is basically a high-powered item support character especially with her high gun damage and Psy output. I kind of wish she also got a heal spell or other buff/debuff spell outside of Amrita Shower and Heat Riser because she's like the only character that seems to have a ton of SP after a boss fight. God...Haru with Debilitate would be amazing.

Edit: NG+ observation - (don't read unless you've at least cleared 11/21)
So the TV station event in yearly June with the "pancakes" line seemed to have been brushed off by the team originally, as well as the length of time Akechi would have been listening in to their conversation. Not sure if it's because the team is dumb and only realize Akechi's foul-up later or to avoid drawing too much attention to the twist itself.

Rarius

Regarding palace 7
Feels like such a fucking waste not having Sae as the secret final party member. Especially since the game FUCKING TELLS YOU AKECHI IS A TRAITOR BASICALLY THE FIRST TIME YOU MEET HIM. Why would I have put effort into him at all?

Thud

It's actually better to have buffs spread. Debilitate from MC, Heat Riser from Haru, Concentrate/Charge from Ann/Ryuuji.

You can do loads of damage on the second turn :p.

daveo42

Banned
Having another person with single or group debuffs would be nice so Joker could continue to pump out damage. Usually he'd have a 1-2 turn setup after applying buffs/debuffs. I like Heat Riser too, but it's more beneficial to have Haru use it on a single persona while the others deal group buffs.

RalchAC

Regarding palace 7
Feels like such a fucking waste not having Sae as the secret final party member. Especially since the game FUCKING TELLS YOU AKECHI IS A TRAITOR BASICALLY THE FIRST TIME YOU MEET HIM. Why would I have put effort into him at all?

Akechi being the traitor isn't the twist though. Out of the main party, the only one that could have been the traitor is Haru. It'd be weird as fuck if a Confidant that you may have already maxed did it.

Haru had a normal Confidant progression.
Akechi is tied to the story.

Everything writes by itself.

The twist is that it makes you think you've got a bad ending when the MC gets shot in the face. It was awesome.

Dark_castle

It's actually better to have buffs spread. Debilitate from MC, Heat Riser from Haru, Concentrate/Charge from Ann/Ryuuji.

You can do loads of damage on the second turn :p.

If you don't start any boss battles with Auto-Mataru, Auto-Maraku, Auto-Masuku approaching endgame, you're doing it wrong. And there's no need for Heat Riser from Haru due to that. :p

I was wrong guys this game is amazing

Palace 7 ending MAJOR spoilers

Ryuji died, thank fucking god. Truly a fitting end for such a fuck boi

Also

ENDING SPOILERS

I know this doesn't actually last, since I know Ryuji sends a text during the valentines day bad end :p

Beat the game last week at 125+ hours (lots of reload-saving, so add 10+ hours to this if you want lol), lvl 99, all confidants maxed out, all social links maxed out, 90% compendium complete, max money, 85% trophy completion.

Major gripes: End-game DRAGGED on for way too long. Late-game dungeons were a total slog and uninspired and boring. This game is definitely is too long to its own detriment sadly. It's very poorly paced especially end-game. Overall, 9/10 lol.

Music: God-like. Best soundtrack for a game, aside from Bloodborne

Gameplay: Won't go into details, have a lot of gripes with the combat that only become apparent near end-game.

Characters: All great aside from Haru. No offense to her as a character, but all offense goes to Atlus because she gets the least amount of character development + usage. Ryuji can get a bit annoying and so can Ann.

Best waifu: Makoto (The real answer are the Niijima sisters!)

Dark_castle

I have auto-mataru on my Yoshtisune. I need to build an all Auto persona. whats a good option for that

Cybele for me. She has excellent healing skill set, comes with auto-maraku which is rarer than auto-mataru, so she can inherit it easier, then get auto-masuku from Ardha. I just make her my support/buff persona.

Thud

If you don't start any boss battles with Auto-Mataru, Auto-Maraku, Auto-Masuku approaching endgame, you're doing it wrong. And there's no need for Heat Riser from Haru due to that. :p

You can't recast auto skills because of the passive bonuses. So then you still need those buffs and I think it's excessive to have both.

RalchAC

It was pretty shocking haha.

I can't have been the only one who reloaded a save right after that happened.

When I saw
Haru in a car with her fiance, looking super depressed while the guy was teasing her I was like "fuck you game, I'm skipping this scene". When I didn't go back to the starting screen I was like "what?"

I mean, the Sae stuff definitely felt weird, as did the guard being alive. But I think I was too shocked to actually connect the dots.

TheStig88

Is anyone else obsessed with "The Whims of Fate". I can't stop listening it and I need to share my burden/joy.
100% there with you. I fucking love it. Stopped more than a couple times in that Palace just to let it cycle through uninterrupted. So good.

Between that and
Shadow Sae, Palace 6 best Palace.

Oops mementos 12/22 spoiler

was the s rank penis boss supposed to be difficult, I literally watched him spend every turb counter acting my attack debuff by buffing his attack while the team wrecked him

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I don't think I ever even put Haru in my active party. What a wasted member.

I loved having her in my team.

Ann and Ryuji hit harder with concentrate and charge respectively. But you can stack so much consistent gun damage with Haru not to mention One Shot Kill inherently has a high crit rate.

Ann and Ryuji hit harder with concentrate and charge respectively. But you can stack so much consistent gun damage with Haru not to mention One Shot Kill inherently has a high crit rate.
A certain late game boss, I had Ann do 2600 with concentrate, and haru do 1k twice. She definitely came close to Ann, and by that point it was dead anyway.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If they do do a P5 Crimson I hope the Shogi character is made into a party member like originally envisioned.

Hopefully we don't get a Marie.

RalchAC

Yeah. Haru support skills are amazing. She also has an AoE gun normal attack and it's the first character to have Amrita Shower.

She has one of the best Thief outfits too.

Magic reflect working with the (end game spoiler)
Divine Judgement skill
made me breathless.

Sub_Level

Agree/Disagree: Its kind of a wasted turn to use buffs until you get party-wide buffs

If they lasted more turns when used on an individual I'd do em more but by palace 4 I was not bothering. Using your turn to Guard works perfectly fine against all the early/mid game big boss attacks as long as health is topped off.

If they do do a P5 Crimson I hope the Shogi character is made into a party member like originally envisioned.

Hopefully we don't get a Marie.
I still don't know why they didnt just make Marie a party member...with everything they did with that game it wouldve worked fine. She couldve joined in around the time of
the 8-bit dungeon
if your slink was high enough. I definitely think a new party member could help spice up a theoretical P5 crimson.

What that could definitely do is increase the rate of new party members. One of my biggest structural complaints with P5 is that despite the design not being like P4 with a dungeon being directly tied to a party member and their awakening, the rate of party members joining is still 1 per dungeon after the first.

Agree/Disagree: Its kind of a wasted turn to use buffs until you get party-wide buffs

If they lasted more turns when used on an individual I'd do em more but by palace 4 I was not bothering. Using your turn to Guard works perfectly fine against all the early/mid game big boss attacks as long as health is topped off.
this is kindve irrelevant, but on new game + before I had auto mataru, Ryuji's turn was much better spent using Tarukaja on MC than doing anything else. But this is new game plus, where MC was level 10 using Brave Blade

Capra

The scene sucks whether you got spoiled or not. Such an awful tone deaf moment.

It's made worse by the fact that it somehow manages to subvert a subversion back into a cliche.

Palace 7 spoilers -
When you first get Akechi, he's such a perfect party member with his bless, curse, and almighty skills. He's a perfect gentleman and his outfit is too clean and "nice." He just screams "Mary Sue." So when he showed his true colors, I thought it was a brilliant reversal of what he'd been built up to be the entire game. And then it goes a step further by having everyone in Tokyo love Akechi and praise him, and it turns out that that was his plan all along.

And then they go and ruin it by going out of their way to make the party forgive him and praise him despite everything he's done. Despite killing Haru's dad, and causing the mental shutdowns that plagued Tokyo for years and killed dozens of people, the game still expects you to think that Akechi's this smart, charming person who was just dealt a bad hand and is totally deserving of a 2nd chance... And then he gets a dramatic, self-sacrificing "redemption" moment that feels completely unearned.

His Berserker Armor and Loki designs were really cool, but man did they fuck up with him thematically.

RalchAC

For early game debuffs >>>> buffs. Most early bosses don't have dispel skills either.

It's made worse by the fact that it somehow manages to subvert a subversion back into a cliche.

Palace 7 spoilers -
When you first get Akechi, he's such a perfect party member with his bless, curse, and almighty skills. He's a perfect gentleman and his outfit is too clean and "nice." He just screams "Mary Sue." So when he showed his true colors, I thought it was a brilliant reversal of what he'd been built up to be the entire game. And then it goes a step further by having everyone in Tokyo love Akechi and praise him, and it turns out that that was his plan all along.

And then they go and ruin it by going out of their way to make the party forgive him and praise him despite everything he's done. Despite killing Haru's dad, and causing the mental shutdowns that plagued Tokyo for years and killed dozens of people, the game still expects you to think that Akechi's this smart, charming person who was just dealt a bad hand and is totally deserving of a 2nd chance... And then he gets a dramatic, self-sacrificing "redemption" moment that feels completely unearned.

His Berserker Armor and Loki designs were really cool, but man did they fuck up with him thematically.

I dunno, I don't think it was that badly done.
You could say that he is the first victim of Shido, and the crew being a bunch of softies and everything kind of relate to the fact that he's been screwed by other people (which is told to the player muuuuuuch earlier in a conversation at Leblanc's. At the end of the day, Shido is the biggest target and they've always shown that they want people to repent for their crimes.

I don't think the whole dramatic thing wants you to think that the smart and charming person is nothing more than a facade that hides his ambitious and revengeful self. Main difference between the party and him is that when he had the chance to use his power he just used for personal gain. After all, he became famous by triggering psychotic breakdowns in the Metaverse and then solving the crimes the victims did in the real world.

Although it isn't at the same level, it's kind of similar to how the cast main drive to change Okumura's heart is that he was at the top spot in the Phan-site survey in order to get more famous.

That's my take anyway. Scene was anime as fuck though.

Sub_Level

For early game debuffs >>>> buffs. Most early bosses don't have dispel skills either

Agreed.

Pretty much Tarunda and/or Rakunda is never a wasted skill slot for a persona. Until you get Debilitate but thats not for a looooooong time.

Top Bottom