• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

FluxWaveZ

I was reading the first official descriptions of Haru released in Japan last year, and I don't think what they wanted to convey came through:
- A third-year high school student of Syujin High School who is the daughter to the wealthy president of a large restaurant company. Elegant but naive to the ways of the world, she tends to observe people.

- Even though she is very elegant and good at communicating with others with a gentle demeanor, she does not find value in human relations, and avoids having relationships with other people.

Even if she went through a significant personality change previously, she would pretty much have been locked in at that point in 2016, when the game went gold. It sounds like they indeed wanted her to come off as somewhat aloof in the final game, but she doesn't feel like that at all.

One small QoL change I'd want is the ability to swap party members in safe rooms. Seems like an odd omission unless I just missed it. Sitting through multiple loading screens to swap people and come back is at times tedious.

Guess Who

Banned
One small QoL change I'd want is the ability to swap party members in safe rooms. Seems like an odd omission unless I just missed it. Sitting through multiple loading screens to swap people and come back is at times tedious.

You can swap party members at any time during a dungeon from the stats menu. Don't even need to be in a safe room.

Boogiepop

So real quick, but I hit a point where I've got 2 Requests that require doing some work at night. If my focus is just going to be on hitting the true ending and getting through as much Confidant stuff as I can, is there any purpose to using up some of my precious time on that stuff?
Anyone on this? Particulary worried about if this would be a roadblock on Mishima's Confidant line...

You can swap members anytime actually. Just go to the stats screen in the menu and press square to shift members around

It's easy to miss if you don't pay attention to those morning sequences to school. That's where they reference a lot of activities.

Part time jobs are done by reading the adverts in the shibuya underground walkway and responding to the offers. And there is also the part time job in the Shinjuku bar Crossroads.

You only unlock the Sun confidant by working at the beef bowl shop, so any other characters you missed are from something else. Maybe the tower, fortune or star confidant.

Oh I meant in P4, after that I ensured I took ALL the jobs in this one.
Though I do feel the game should make it clear that a PT job is a "do if you want" kind of deal, initially I expected them to be mandatory when you accepted or something which thankfully they aren't.

I finished the game earlier in the week, first persona I had played through (I played P4G for a few hours but just didn't click for me, mostly because of handheld format i think) and I don't think there is really any need to min/max or read guides before hand. I didn't even come close to maxxing out all the confidants, only had 3-4 really, but I don't really see it as a big deal - a few extra seconds of cutscenes doesn't mean much to me in a 100+ hour play through.

I'm half tempted to plat it in NG+, where the stuff you learned in the regular play through should definitely help you out max everyone, but worried about how hard the video game trophy might be. I didn't really touch video games at all and I have heard the street fighter like game can be insanely tough to control. Will have to watch some videos or stuff, if I get bored playing through again I'd probably stop since NG+ doesn't really feel any different than just playing through twice.

Murkas

Finished the game at level 79, pretty awesome game bar maybe the final act, was hoping for a bit more but just nitpicking at this rate. Last boss was completely destroyed because I was fusing perfect personas for ages. Had an awesome Yo
shitsune
. Better than P4 but still probably prefer P3 purely for the music.

So how many callback to other Atlus games easter eggs are in this? I found the following:

1) Rise posters
2) Elizabeth as an answer for the femme fatale school question (may be a stretch but then Elizabeth is pretty bait for a choice)
3) Crane minigame has the Junes theme from P4
4) The Cake Knight Rises movie has the level select theme from Catherine
5) Tae talks to the nurse from P4

I'm hoping this game is littered with them.

Dark_castle

Finished the game at level 79, pretty awesome game bar maybe the final act, was hoping for a bit more but just nitpicking at this rate. Last boss was completely destroyed because I was fusing perfect personas for ages. Had an awesome Yo
shitsune

So how many callback to other Atlus games easter eggs are in this? I found the following:

1) Rise posters
2) Elizabeth as an answer for the femme fatale school question (may be a stretch but then Elizabeth is pretty bait for a choice)

I think Futaba had a Catherine figurine in her room.

Raxus

Wish I knew
the school would be cut off from me after November, I would have just focused on the books sooner. No matter. I still have to power through NG+ for two trophies anyway.

NullMoon

Neo Member
shitsune

1) Rise posters

Can't remember the dates but if you check the tv in your room occasionally you'll hear talk about characters from P4

They specifically mention Naoto Shirogane when there was a segment about detectives.
They also mention the Amagi inn and while not specifically mentioning Yukkio the do comment on the beauty of the current proprietress.
Then there was a segment about police officers and it's mentioned that there is cadet that specializes in Kung Fu. Obviously referring to Chie.

Dugna

shitsune

1) Rise posters

There are many more, just look around at posters around the game, watch movies and other small things.

Dugna

Can't remember the dates but if you check the tv in your room occasionally you'll hear talk about characters from P4

They specifically mention Naoto Shirogane when there was a segment about detectives.
They also mention the Amagi inn and while not specifically mentioning Yukkio the do comment on the beauty of the current proprietress.
Then there was a segment about police officers and it's mentioned that there is cadet that specializes in Kung Fu. Obviously referring to Chie.

Spoilers for the priestess confidant
Makoto working to become the commissioner of the police force makes me think in a spin off her and Chie will have a few scenes together.

A QoL improvement I want in Persona Crimson: L2 now lets you quick change to a persona of your choosing. Would help out a lot with personas that have "auto-" skills that I always wanna have mained but have to keep going into the menu after battles

Maybe an option to "lock" a Persona so it's always the default one when you enter battle.

You can already do that. Just change your options so that the game doesn't remember your in-battle persona changes. AKA set Persona Memory to Off.

It's so funny to me when people play over a hundred hours of a game and then make a suggestion for an improvement that is already in the game, hahahahaha. It happens all the time in this thread. Just a page or two ago people were saying they wished there was a way to switch party members in dungeons not realizing that you can do it at any time.

That's not to say there aren't legitimately a million things Persona could stand to improve! (Or that they could explain some of their systems better.)

Plum

Just got to the 3rd palace and I'm really not sure about party structurw. Should I go with Morgana for healing + Ryuji/Yusuke for physical + Makoto/Ann? If so, who should I pick? Not a fan of this decision making.

I'm not quite sure why I used Pyro Jack as the base for this confusion monstrosity, but I probably spent way more money than I needed to to make him.

fARkAx1.png

Maybe I should make an all powerful Jack Frost next.

That mother fucker is weak to three elements, dawg. Hahahahahaha

(But I totally get why he'd be so great in Mementos for Confuse-Farming enemies. I just found that funny on this all-powerful persona.)

Murkas

I think Futaba had a Catherine figurine in her room.

There are many more, just look around at posters around the game, watch movies and other small things.

Neat, will keep an eye out on NG+.

Also forgot another one, repairing the broken laptop lets you buy things from a certain character.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
FINISHED! Took me around 94 hours on normal difficulty, final lvl. 77,
All confidant at max level without using guide, (i did load the game whenever i pick the wrong answer though and abused the hell out of fortune and temperance rank benefit) got all mementos request, fishing, baseball, and video game trophies. Missed the book trophy, so i guess i'll do it on NG+

Waifu: Makoto

Game is definitely a massive improvement when compared to P4 or P3. There are several flaws, but i'd say this is definitely the best Persona game for me. The combat system is definitely far better. The addition of gun, nuke, psy, bless, and curse really add to the game. Baton pass is damn good.
GOTY material for me

Some complaint:
"That" cutscene in Shinjuku and beach (you guys know which one)
Not implementing custom difficulty ala P4G in NG+ is a missed opportunities.
I wish there's more in-game engine cutscene.
Mementos design is kinda bland, i wish there's a lot more variety in the design
Some dungeon need to be trimmed a bit.

Guess i'll take a break before tackling NG+ for the platinum trophy.

I'm still in
Shido's Palace. The rat stuff is garbage
, I'm struggling to get through to the end of the game out of sheer boredom. I stopped playing for a few days to see if the 'spark' returned but nope.

The game is way too long for me.

RalchAC

I'm my NG+ just got to the first scene after the first Palace where
they go to the buffet
and you can eavesdrop (7th Palace spoiler)
some of the people that are on Shido's ship. I think the TV guy is actually there.

silva1991

I don't know how to feel about making some skills exclusive to network fusing

Actually i know how it feels and it sucks.

I want to get magic ability, but I'm fatigued at this point and won't have patience for save scumming.

OrionX

Palace 7

Ann
Windsor

Member of
British royalty

Hobbies include
tea ceremonies

Well done Ann, well done.

RalchAC

Palace 7

Ann
Windsor

Member of
British royalty

Hobbies include
tea ceremonies

Well done Ann, well done.

I found that scene really funny. Ann
acting skills keep improving!

I'm excited to hear the final boss theme. They've always been top notch. I spoiled P4's final boss themes but not this time.

Yeah, I'll face myself - Reincarnation is one of my favorite tunes. Sometimes, when I have to study or translate something and I don't want distracting lyrics I look for a YT video with that song looped and I can listen to it for an hour.

RalchAC

It's almost funnier in Japanese because the voice actress speaks Engrish, and you're just thinking, who in the world would her with that!?

Yeah, I imagined that scene would be funnier with a JP dub. But... sorry. Makoto's voice in English is too good. I know I'd switch audio to English every time she spoke.

shitsune

1) Rise posters

Well people forgot the following:
Shinji from P3 card name and Tanaka amazing commodities which futaba says it sucks

bunkitz

70 hours in. Just about to start Palace... 5?
Okamura's.
Found out that my friend just finished it so I asked him when (in terms of the in-game calendar) the game finishes. The reason I asked is that I've never finished a Persona game before, so I wouldn't know how long these usually ran. If it goes an entire year, or less than that, etc. Farthest I got was the start of December in Persona 3, then I got FES so I started that but... didn't finish for some reason. My friend lost my copy of Persona 4.

Buuut, yeah. I am disappointed, in a selfish way. I don't want the game to end and it feels like it's gonna end soon for me. I only just realized it's almost been an entire month of me playing Persona 5 everyday some time after getting home from work... It's like the game warped my sense of time. "Take Your Time." Hah.

Don't think I'll be able to max out all my Confidants, but I'll sure as hell try to. Social stats are all 4 now, with the exception of Charm because waifu demanded.

Okamura's.
Found out that my friend just finished it so I asked him when (in terms of the in-game calendar) the game finishes. The reason I asked is that I've never finished a Persona game before, so I wouldn't know how long these usually ran. If it goes an entire year, or less than that, etc. Farthest I got was the start of December in Persona 3, then I got FES so I started that but... didn't finish for some reason. My friend lost my copy of Persona 4.

Buuut, yeah. I am disappointed, in a selfish way. I don't want the game to end and it feels like it's gonna end soon for me. I only just realized it's almost been an entire month of me playing Persona 5 everyday some time after getting home from work... It's like the game warped my sense of time. "Take Your Time." Hah.

Don't think I'll be able to max out all my Confidants, but I'll sure as hell try to. Social stats are all 4 now, with the exception of Charm because waifu demanded.

Good things must come to an end.

Okamura's.

You still have a lot to go. The end isn't that near, there's like 30+% of the game left.

shitsune

1) Rise posters

There's an obvious one in the sixth palace:

The part where you have to do three battles in a row by yourself is a reference to when you fight Thor in Nocturne

Top Bottom