• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Currently on October 11. Was going to do my next trip to mementos in early November for the reaper exploit but I have several confidants on hold due to mementos requests so I may use another day for mementos before that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Was there already a discussion about
how poorly Haru is shoved into the group so late in the game? Because I can't stand her.

I didn't like her much at first either mostly due to the voice and the way her Confidant starts out but I loved her by the end. One event in her Confidant where you
have coffee with the CEO of her company
was one of the most memorable thing for me out of all the Social Links.

She has a memorable intro:
"We will take the treasure!"
while everyone's like who this? Her palace boss fight starts out with a really memorable line as well from Mona:
"The Phantom Thieves are here to steal your bride!"

Both her Persona look badass and I also grew to love her voice in combat when she criticals enemies yelling out "Take them, Milady!" followed by "Astarte, descend!". I couldn't get enough of that by the end of the game.

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. I would argue she still fits the group a bit better than Yusuke even if she's introduced too late.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Finally going through the game again. Damn, the writing is so much stronger in the beginning.
The bad guys get so much more abstract as things go on, so Kamoshida is so much more of a piece of shi you want to crush. Also, Ryuji being is so fucking righteous and then he's just turned into the goofy moron.

I remember reading/watching an analysis which said as far as bosses go,
Kamoshida is the best one because he directly affects and threatens each party member. The stakes are high, MC and Ryuji are threatened to get expelled, Ann's being preyed upon. There's a sense of urgency and danger that's not quite there with the rest.
Madarame only affects Yusuke, Kaneshiro only Makoto although there are side effects for the rest of the team.

If there is a Persona 5 Crimson, I have the perfect new character to add to the team.

2NQvIAT.jpg

1upsuper

I decided to rewatch some Persona 3 social links on YT and man, I don't remember the character models and animations looking so rough. It's pretty cool to see how far the series has come in that regard.
We still need an ultimate edition of P3 that combines FES and P3P's exclusive features.

Oh man I am going like a rocket in ng+. Cleared Kamoshido's palace in one day basically, now at Madarame's palace. Ive been doing a lot of social stuff cuz i wanna get those trophies :).

Lynx_7

I decided to rewatch some Persona 3 social links on YT and man, I don't remember the character models and animations looking so rough. It's pretty cool to see how far the series has come in that regard.
We still need an ultimate edition of P3 that combines FES and P3P's exclusive features.

I just want the FeMC route with FES presentation tbh. The game wasn't balanced for direct party member control and the AI options from P3P are, as far as I'm aware, closer to P4 than P3, so not as good for the kind of game that P3 was.

Just beat Palace 4, so far that was my favorite one. Time to see what the fuss about 5 is all about :p

TheBear

Just beaten the 7th palace, have cleared all requests in mementos and have 7 days to go. How many hours are left in the game?

Also, my current playthrough is at 96 hours, how quickly can you knock over Ng+?

Just beaten the 7th palace, have cleared all requests in mementos and have 7 days to go. How many hours are left in the game?

Also, my current playthrough is at 96 hours, how quickly can you knock over Ng+?

Atleast 4 or 5 hours? The final part of the game can take some time, especially if you want to synthesize some endgame Personas. The game refused to end haha.

Hi guys, i currently am in the 7th Palace and i didn't max out all confidants (basically blind run) and i don't think i can make in time.
Should i focus on maxing my social stats and then finish all confidants in NG+? i got:

5 Knowledge
5 Charm
4 Proficiency
4 Kidness
4 Guts

Also, is it possible to get the 250 Futaba Lines without following a guide?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Hi guys, i currently am in the 7th Palace and i didn't max out all confidants (basically blind run) and i don't think i can make in time.
Should i focus on maxing my social stats and then finish all confidants in NG+? i got:

5 Knowledge
5 Charm
4 Proficiency
4 Kidness
4 Guts

Also, is it possible to get the 250 Futaba Lines without following a guide?

I'd focus on stats - if you've progressed Fortune far enough to get the luck reading it shouldn't take too long to max out.

It's entirely possible to get the Futaba trophy without a guide - although it is made easier by using
Crow
while they're available. If you're desperate for it you could take a trip to mementos to make sure everyone gets hit with (and the corresponding line acknowledging) each status ailment - as that's an area that you could feasibly miss out on during the course of the game if you steamroller everyone.

I'd focus on stats - if you've progressed Fortune far enough to get the luck reading it shouldn't take too long to max out.

It's entirely possible to get the Futaba trophy without a guide - although it is made easier by using
Crow
while they're available. If you're desperate for it you could take a trip to mementos to make sure everyone gets hit with (and the corresponding line acknowledging) each status ailment - as that's an area that you could feasibly miss out on during the course of the game if you steamroller everyone.

Didn't recall if it's mandatory to have
Crow
in the party during
Sae's
Palace, but i used him even in the mementos.
Still don't know where i am in the trophy, it's frustrating.

ckohler

I got the Futaba trophy on my first play through without even trying. It was probably because I never skipped fighting an enemy when one appeared, even in Mementos.

Have fun! Just take things at your own pace - do the Confidant links you feel like doing, try a bunch of different activities you like to level up Social stats, do the requests you feel like, etc. Everyone here is down to give tips or advice whenever you like, but my biggest piece of advice is to not stress out about collecting everything and just enjoy the ride - that's what the second playthrough is far :)
Yeah, I was following a spoiler free guide which was obviously played on Normal difficulty. I am playing on HARD and it was impossible for me to beat the first Palace in 1 day like the guide maker did. I am going to go guide-free going forward and I'm glad I made that decision so early in the game. Part of the fun is the freedom in choosing how I kill time and using a guide robbed me of choices. I like it better this way.

LOL funnily enough, I can relate to the characters in the game. They go to school and live their daily lives until they have an opportunity to escape and handle their work as Phantom Thieves. Me? I can't wait until work is over with and the kids go to sleep just so I can dungeon crawl in the middle of the night lol.

I have a new mission, get Futaba to LVL 7 in December and do her memento quest to use the money exploit.
Since i did a blind run, i didn't know about this.

Yeah, I was following a spoiler free guide which was obviously played on Normal difficulty. I am playing on HARD and it was impossible for me to beat the first Palace in 1 day like the guide maker did. I am going to go guide-free going forward and I'm glad I made that decision so early in the game. Part of the fun is the freedom in choosing how I kill time and using a guide robbed me of choices. I like it better this way.

LOL funnily enough, I can relate to the characters in the game. They go to school and live their daily lives until they have an opportunity to escape and handle their work as Phantom Thieves. Me? I can't wait until work is over with and the kids go to sleep just so I can dungeon crawl in the middle of the night lol.

I followed a guide for Persona 5 because I had no free time in the forseeable future for a second playthrough, and I sort of regret it. It felt like following a checklist, and I only truly enjoyed the sections when I dungeon-crawled since I turned the guide off and did my own thing. Tbh, I started improvising near the mdidle of the game until the end since the guide did a few things inefficiently (dungeons in two days, not taking advantage of Social Stats Fortune readings, etc.). Was able to have even more than the 10 free days the guide allotted for - 'twas sweet. I don't think I'll use another guide for future Personas - in retrospect, P3P was my favorite Persona experience because it was all so NEW and I didn't even look through a guide. My personas were trash and my link completion even moreso, but I loved it since it was through my own choices. I really need to abandon the completionist mindset.

Lynx_7

The only things I knew prior to starting P5 were to prioritize the
Fortune
confidant, that I should only go to Mementos after picking up a bunch of requests and that Sojiro's confidant
is hardlocked at 4 until you get Futaba
. Oh, and don't read tourist spots magazines (wish I knew that earlier). I think that's all you really need to know if you want to maximize your time, following a guide should be strictly for replays.

P5 seems a lot more lenient with social activities than past Persona games. You're given many opportunities to work on your stats without passing time, so much so that I think I have a legit shot at maximizing everyone in my first playthrough and I haven't followed any guides. Meanwhile my playthroughs of 3 and 4 were mired with incomplete SLinks.

Finally made it to the part where Morgana
leaves the group and Haru gets introduced
in my NG+. Replaying this now, it has to be the most infuriating part of the story since this shit is all on
Morgana throwing a hissy fit. Sure Ryuji is a bit of a douche in this but honestly Morgana has been rude to him since the beginning of the game, anyway.

in my NG+. Replaying this now, it has to be the most infuriating part of the story since this shit is all on
Morgana throwing a hissy fit. Sure Ryuji is a bit of a douche in this but honestly Morgana has been rude to him since the beginning of the game, anyway.

Yeah that part is cringy as f*ck, i hated it

Well, Morgana was right about most of the stuff that he said about Ryuji. He is a fool and every other member of the group knows that. But Ryuji on the other hand is flat out wrong in saying that
Morgana is useless.

PK Gaming

Well, Morgana was right about most of the stuff that he said about Ryuji. He is a fool and every other member of the group knows that. But Ryuji on the other hand is flat out wrong in saying that
Morgana is useless.

Morgana being "right" doesn't change the fact that he's not a team player. He's more concerned about feeling useful and secure rather than actually being a Phantom Thief. He leaves the group at littlest provocation, claims he can take on Okumura on his own then gets immediately bodied. Ryuji, for all his conceited nature is still willing to listen to opposing viewpoints and back down.

Morgana being "right" doesn't change the fact that he's not a team player. He's more concerned about feeling useful and secure rather than actually being a Phantom Thief. He leaves the group at littlest provocation, claims he can take on Okumura on his own then gets immediately bodied. Ryuji, for all his conceited nature is still willing to listen to opposing viewpoints and back down.
I don't approve of Morgana's actions during that arc but at least I can understand him.
He wanted to prove that he is still useful and not just to Ryuji but to himself. Ryuji on the other hand was being petty, childish and flat out wrong.

As for Morgana not being a team player, come on. He is the main reason that Phantom Thieves exist in the first place.
They would've died/failed many times if it wasn't for Morgana. Not to mention that not only they wouldn't be able to explore mementos without him, but they wouldn't even know such a place existed if it wasn't for Morgana.

So I don't agree that he wasn't a team player or only thought about himself. He has some weak moments during that arc but that doesn't make him an overall selfish person.

PK Gaming

I don't approve of Morgana's actions during that arc but at least I can understand him.
He wanted to prove that he is still useful and not just to Ryuji but to himself. Ryuji on the other hand was being petty, childish and flat out wrong.

As for Morgana not being a team player, come on. He is the main reason that Phantom Thieves exist in the first place.
They would've died/failed many times if it wasn't for Morgana. Not to mention that not only they wouldn't be able to explore mementos without him, but they wouldn't even know such a place existed if it wasn't for Morgana.

So I don't agree that he wasn't a team player or only thought about himself. He has some weak moments during that arc but that doesn't make him an overall selfish person.

I didn't mean he wasn't a team player overall, but during that instance. He's undeniably useful, but he too becomes more concerned about himself than the rest of the team at that point.

And honestly, i'd say he's pretty selfish (his motivations 100% self-serving, he doesn't care about reforming society), but his selfishness is understandable.

I mean, I think Morgana and Ryuji are both at fault at various points during their little quarrels. Morgana is the one who instigates it from the moment they first meet though, by criticizing Ryuji at every chance he gets. Ryuji, in turn takes any moment he can to stick it to Morgana.

The thing that really sticks out to me during the September scenario is when Morgana
criticizes the rest of the group for expressing doubt on going after Okumura. They are clearly unsettled by their newfound popularity since it is borderline fanatical and at that point they had no idea what Okumura was even about. Considering how things turn out, I'd say the doubt was warranted.

Of course, if it wasn't for Morgana we'd never have
gotten Haru
so I can't fault him too much.

I didn't mean he wasn't a team player overall, but during that instance. He's undeniably useful, but he too becomes more concerned about himself than the rest of the team at that point.

And honestly, i'd say he's pretty selfish (his motivations 100% self-serving, he doesn't care about reforming society), but his selfishness is understandable.
Well, I think all phantoms care more about themselves/their own interests, than reforming society. It's not until towards the end of the game (6th, 7th palace) that they genuinely put the needs of many over what they want/need.

1upsuper

Got a question about how much free time I have left. Late game spoilers I guess.
It's November 9th and my friend told me December 23rd is the last day to socialize. Approximately how many days are eaten up between now and then by story stuff?
I'm trying to make sure I finish the links I want to since I think I might be barely shy of enough time to do everything.

So I think I'm nearing the end just wondering how much time is left as I was hoping to finish it tonight before going away this weekend.

I'm at
the prison palace and just made it to the first save spot
aprox how much game do I have left to play?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got a question about how much free time I have left. Late game spoilers I guess.
It's November 9th and my friend told me December 23rd is the last day to socialize. Approximately how many days are eaten up between now and then by story stuff?
I'm trying to make sure I finish the links I want to since I think I might be barely shy of enough time to do everything.
If I remember right, there are
about two palaces between those two dates, plus maybe a week or so of days eaten by story stuff

So I think I'm nearing the end just wondering how much time is left as I was hoping to finish it tonight before going away this weekend.

I'm at
the prison palace and just made it to the first save spot
aprox how much game do I have left to play?
Maybe
4-5 hours
or so, including cutscenes. You're on the home stretch, but it's longer than it looks.

I'm planning on finally starting my first playthrough next week, but traditionally with games that are SUPER long, I like to break them up into chunks and play a shorter game in between as a bit of a palate cleanser.

Can anybody recommend dates to save and stop if I wanted to break up the game in ~3-5 ish chunks?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm planning on finally starting my first playthrough next week, but traditionally with games that are SUPER long, I like to break them up into chunks and play a shorter game in between as a bit of a palate cleanser.

Can anybody recommend dates to save and stop if I wanted to break up the game in ~3-5 ish chunks?
The game's plot has very distinct story arcs, with each arc covering one dungeon and its resolution before moving on to the next story arc.

There's an underlying plot that gets more involved in the later dungeons though, and the story definitely picks up after that. There are also side stories in your confidants that aren't related to these main story arcs. Those are the ones you might forget about if you take long breaks between sittings.

There aren't exact dates, but you could do, say, two palaces or so at a time, and that would break the game nicely into 5 chunks or so. Finish a palace or two, get to each story arc's resolution, and then take a break.

The game's plot has very distinct story arcs, with each arc covering one dungeon and its resolution before moving on to the next story arc.

There's an underlying plot that gets more involved in the later dungeons though, and the story definitely picks up after that. There are also side stories in your confidants that aren't related to these main story arcs. Those are the ones you might forget about if you take long breaks between sittings.

There aren't exact dates, but you could do, say, two palaces or so at a time, and that would break the game nicely into 5 chunks or so. Finish a palace or two, get to each story arc's resolution, and then take a break.

That sounds perfect, thanks!

If there is one thing I hate about this game, it's how confidants are only available certain times, meaning if you somehow screw up the order on even a single day, you can find yourself not able to do that one for some time.

I started going through Palace 7 and have some questions about the timeframe:

Right before the mission began, Morgana said it would be fine to wait until I'm closer to the deadline to start going through the palace. He also said I should see my confidants as much as possible first.

Is the timeframe for Palace 7 like Palaces 1-5 where I can send the calling card early and spend the rest of the weeks before the deadline hanging out with confidants? Or will sending the calling card early cause the story to skip forward to right before the deadline?

I was also wondering if someone could confirm if December 17th is the deadline for meeting with confidants and finishing Mementos. I still haven't started the Mementos section that unlocks after finishing Palace 6.

Arrrammis

I started going through Palace 7 and have some questions about the timeframe:

Right before the mission began, Morgana said it would be fine to wait until I'm closer to the deadline to start going through the palace. He also said I should see my confidants as much as possible first.

Is the timeframe for Palace 7 like Palaces 1-5 where I can send the calling card early and spend the rest of the weeks before the deadline hanging out with confidants? Or will sending the calling card early cause the story to skip forward to right before the deadline?

I was also wondering if someone could confirm if December 17th is the deadline for meeting with confidants and finishing Mementos. I still haven't started the Mementos section that unlocks after finishing Palace 6.

It's like the other palaces, you can
send the calling card any time and use the rest of the days for whatever. You will have one day sometime after the 17th to do any confidants or whatever you want to do, but after that you won't be able to work on them.

Edit: my vote for the next OT title: Did somebody say Pancakes?

It's like the other palaces, you can
send the calling card any time and use the rest of the days for whatever. You will have one day sometime after the 17th to do any confidants or whatever you want to do, but after that you won't be able to work on them.

Edit: my vote for the next OT title: Did somebody say Pancakes?

Thanks for the info. I do have one more question, though, if that's alright.

Is there a Mementos section locked off until after December 17th? If there is, I might wait to go back there until the final day.

Arrrammis

Thanks for the info. I do have one more question, though, if that's alright.

Is there a Mementos section locked off until after December 17th? If there is, I might wait to go back there until the final day.

There is, but don't worry to much about finishing Mementos before the deadline.
You have time specifically for doing Mementos after the 17th

Lynx_7

I might sound like a massive contrarian right now, but I thought Palace 5 was actually fun. It was pretty effective in therms of showing the ruler's cognition, had some cool gimmicks along the way which made it feel different from the other palaces, and I liked the theme (music and aesthetics). Maybe I would've felt different if I died in one of those long segments without saving, but I didn't, so I quite enjoyed my time with it. I'm curious as to which segment in particular made so many people react so strongly against it. If I had to guess,
I'd say the part with the keycards.

PK Gaming

Man, I miss this game. Really want to replay it but I got other games to get through

I might sound like a massive contrarian right now, but I thought Palace 5 was actually fun. It was pretty effective in therms of showing the ruler's cognition, had some cool gimmicks along the way which made it feel different from the other palaces, and I liked the theme (music and aesthetics). Maybe I would've felt different if I died in one of those long segments without saving, but I didn't, so I quite enjoyed my time with it. I'm curious as to which segment in particular made so many people react so strongly against it. If I had to guess,
I'd say the part with the keycards.

It definitely wasn't totally hated in this thread

I think if you took your time with it, it wasn't so bad

About palace 6

Wow this is nifty music. Raises a lot of questions so far (i've yet to send the calling card). I've really been wondering how the MC was even caught, given the heist was in the metaverse, yet, the actual cops caught him. Can't wait to see the explanation there.

Also, before palace 7, will I have any time to catch up on some of my confidants? For some reason, Hermit and Chariot are way behind.

Top Bottom