• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Spoiler Free Early Impressions Thread

So regarding the Japanese VA. From my understanding, even though can I play the game right now with a physical copy, I won't have the access to it as it's actually a DLC and only will be unlocked on the release day?

I guess I'll keep my digital pre-order anyway if that's the case.

evilsin

image.php
It's freaking gorgeous! Both the merchandise and the game. Managed to go only 3 days in in game time, though. I will totally be using the school bag, hehe.
Who did you order through?
Some local e-shop here in Moscow, which I used for all my physical purchases in the past. As far as I could see on the label they got the shipment from Austria, lol.

Got my copy today. Would have preferred waiting till Tuesday for the JP VA dlc to hit but the english voice acting is no slouch but some pronunciation can be a bit of hit and miss

Got my copy today. Would have preferred waiting till Tuesday for the JP VA dlc to hit but the english voice acting is no slouch but some pronunciation can be a bit of hit and miss
Yeah, I couldn't wait either and am playing with English voices in the meantime. While I don't care much for Morgana's english voice, Ryuji's voice actor did a great job. Haven't heard much from the other party members yet.

dan2026

So hopefully my copy is arriving tomorrow.
Have Atlus said when the Japanese voice dlc will drop?
Not till April 4th?

That's a bugger if true. I wont know whether to start it or wait.

Early Impressions. about 2 hrs in. This game is good. REAL good.

such pizzazz. so different than much of the recent releases. don't sleep on this one.

starts much faster than P4G too.

ChanMan

Early Impressions. about 2 hrs in. This game is good. REAL good.

such pizzazz. so different than much of the recent releases. don't sleep on this one.

starts much faster than P4G too.

I agree honestly I think it starts much faster than any of the previous Persona games IMO.

Lunar15

Does this game have an occult and myth teacher like Mr. Edogawa?

Haven't played the game, so I don't know about occult and myth teacher, but I do know that you do get lessons and questions in class about things like Japanese government and business that are essentially explaining plot elements to you.

TuXx

About 8 to 9 hours into the game.

1. Game seems to take a while to get going (longer than p4). Even after the initial "You're free to do what you want" prompt, there's still a sense of restriction that limits your day to day activities.

2. The music doesn't feel as catchy as P3 or P4 tunes. Maybe my feelings on this will change after a few more hours.

3. Morgana is super annoying. Being told to go to bed early by a cat is be very infuriating.

Yeah, I couldn't wait either and am playing with English voices in the meantime. While I don't care much for Morgana's english voice, Ryuji's voice actor did a great job. Haven't heard much from the other party members yet.
Yup Ryuji's VA is pretty great

To those who've beaten the game, spoiler tag if necessary
but how hard is it to max all social links in one playthrough? I've made a mistake thinking stealing the treasure and taking someone's heart happen on the same day :

evilsin

Man, the lack of SP even on Easy is no joke. I had to sneak past all the enemies in the second half of the first dungeon only to find out that I need to kill 2 of them, lol. Somehow I managed, but I had to reload a couple of times because I go ambushed.

Top Bottom