• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5: The Phantom X - Opening Animation

Btw, it's also on PC and Midori before being forced to retire said it will be launching globally soonish, and apparently Atlus/SEGA themselves will publish it outside of CN & KR instead of Perfect World.

If Sony is smart they'll do their best to get P5X on PS5 asap considering that they already have tons of gacha games on it, and some other higher profiles one coming this year as well (e.g. Zenless Zone Zero, Wuthering Waves and Arknights: Endfield).

Anyway, it's probably my most anticipated gacha game lol as the production values are high and matches Persona 5 Royal. :p

Last edited:
Here's a couple of gifs taken from the opening animation.

x6gXoP9.gif

7QAzme7.gif

hXUchXl.gif

Skifi28

Do we know anything about the gameplay when compared to P5? Is it a similar game with turned based combat and social stuff where you buy personas with money or have they made something completely different?

Do we know anything about the gameplay when compared to P5? Is it a similar game with turned based combat and social stuff where you buy personas with money or have they made something completely different?
Yes, it uses the same turn-based combat system as in P5. There are still social links, and like in P5, you can gift character items. You obtain new Personas by pulling for them through the gacha mechanic (the same applies for obtaining new characters/phantom thieves).

There's gacha for weapons too:

There's also a new Velvelt Room waifu, I mean attendant:

They've added new locations to explore:

They've also extended Shinjuku

New Phantoms to recruit (they've put quite a bit of effort into their animations:

Combat Gameplay

There's lots more stuff from the betas so check out Faz YouTube channel, he has a dedicated playlist with tons of P5X stuff.

Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme Tagging you here as well as what I shared in this post might interest you.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Yes, it uses the same turn-based combat system as in P5. There are still social links, and like in P5, you can gift character items. You obtain new Personas by pulling for them through the gacha mechanic (the same applies for obtaining new characters/phantom thieves).

There's also gacha for weapons:

New Phantoms to recruit (they've put quite a bit of effort into their animations:

Combat Gameplay

There's lots more stuff from the betas so check out Faz YouTube channel, he has a dedicated playlist with tons of P5X stuff.

Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme Tagging you here as well as what I shared in this post might interest you.

Ok, that looks like a proper persona game which I was not expecting. Now I'm intrigued.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

There's gacha for weapons too:

Combat Gameplay

Thank your for the post....

The game looks great. Hopefully it comes out on consoles.

The art style of Persona 5 is just too iconic. I wonder what art style Persona 6 will have though. I guess similar but with different colors?

The bigger question if the game will succeed on mobile or not.

Last edited:
The art style of Persona 5 is just too iconic. I wonder what art style Persona 6 will have though. I guess similar but with different colors?

The bigger question if the game will succeed on mobile or not.
It should do pretty good as there's already 10M pre-registrations for the CN version with 2 weeks still to go.

That said, I'm more interested in how the Global and Japanese releases will fare, considering how beloved the IP has become.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm not into gachas but man, they sure put a ton of effort into this one.

Might give it a shot if they ever release it globally, which I guess they'll do for sure.

Some new P5X info coming from Midori:

Also, here's the official key art for reaching 10M pre-registrations for the CN version of the game.

wgnk3oy8l2sc1.jpeg

Last edited:
Via Gematsu

Publisher Perfect World Games and developer Black Wings Game Studio will host the Persona 5: The Phantom X Open Beta Preview Special Program on April 8 at 4:00 a.m. PT / 7:00 a.m. ET / 19:00 CST. You will be able to watch it in Korean (YouTube) and Simplified Chinese (Bilibili, TikTok, Huya, Douyu, etc.).

The broadcast will feature a behind the scenes interview with the development team; an overview of the previous three closed beta tests; information on the forthcoming open beta test, including new characters, benefits, and version activities; and more. Includes appearances by ATLUS Persona Studio business producer Yousuke Uda and ATLUS Persona series scenario writer Yusuke Nitta.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Looks insane. If this can be controlled without an onscreen controller overlay, but rather direct taps, I’m in!

Top Bottom