• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NichM

Banned
Instead of working yourself into a lather about how long it takes to localize a game (which you don't know) from a given start date (which you don't know) maybe just... relax?

arue

This is what I believe:
Atlus USA has begun localization process for Persona 5 and the game will come out in 2015.

Even if the employees have been quiet about it, I'm putting my trust in them to release the game in 2015.

Zebetite

Banned
Instead of working yourself into a lather about how long it takes to localize a game (which you don't know) from a given start date (which you don't know) maybe just... relax?

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION NICH

HOW CAN I POSSIBLY RELA-ok

Lunar15

That's what I'm saying: I don't know, so I'm not worried. Not gonna be concerned with it hitting 2015 or not, because it's out of my control. I feel like people work themselves into a tizzie about what's confirmed and then they get overly disappointed when it doesn't pan out that way.

I'm confident that the team will do what it needs to in order to make it good. That's all I care about.

Makio

Doesnt matter if that game released the 31 of December .. this game is coming in the 2015 to America.

#InAtlusUSAwetrust.

----
This image makes my day hahaha.
21200_1608102792744061_171267979573306729_n.jpg

Scrunchy-chan FTW

Sophia

I think the bolded part is a really really key piece of information a lot of people seem to assume about a localization. Despite the fact that uh.... it's a really key piece of information and you're absolutely right in that we don't know it. :p

Which is basically another way of saying Nich is right, really. Just gotta relax and believe~!

Okay, I want to believe in AtlusUSA. The fact that nobody from there knows anything besides what we know worries me. If this is getting a 2015 release date, that trailer should be put before E3, but E3 is the deadline for at 2015 release to be possible. If we here nothing there, the dream is dead.

Please do not speak for my dreams. I will kill them with my own hands when I am ready, and the instrument of murder will probably be a pineapple.

This image makes my day hahaha.

Scrunchie Girl is not only the foxed person, but also Dio huh? >_>;

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm happy that all the games I'm looking forward to, I can patiently wait for. Maybe I just got older, or maybe I've started to become immune since FFXII. lol

Makio

I
Scrunchie Girl is not only the foxed person, but also Dio huh? >_>;

Plot twist : She gonna be the final boss in this one ...
Or the female protagonist of Persona 5
If Altus read the crazy fans theory hahaha.

Man i cant i believe im so hyped to hear the vocal version of the p5 theme , same thing happens to me with the ultimax theme ... hopes we can hear it in the bluray of p5.

Sophia

I missed it the first time, but why did people become so interested in scrunchie girl?

She had the most detail. We had just gotten the new trailer. We're at seven (actually eight) community topics in the course of about three years.

If I need to say more, you're not insane enough yet.

Sophia

You think that's bad? Destiny is at 17 already. 'Tis an evil place, never go there.

While it's pretty crazy by GAF standards, its not all that unusual given the nature of Destiny's gameplay. Bungie has effectively encouraged the use of communities like NeoGAF, and the game WAS popular after all. Plus it keeps getting DLC.

Apparently the Playstation TV is going to be 40$ tomorrow on Amazon just FYI. Really hope DAN works with it.

It's a pretty good buy just to play all currently released Persona games too. Can't really lose out.

Query: Is finishing DDS 1 and 2 worth it?
The cutscenes are plagued with audio problems, and I get the feeling I should wash my hands of them to move onto other games.

Please give me a reason to keep going!

Nap1400

Query: Is finishing DDS 1 and 2 worth it?
The cutscenes are plagued with audio problems, and I get the feeling I should wash my hands of them to move onto other games.

Please give me a reason to keep going!

Are you playing the PSN version? The PSN DDS1 is kinda infamous for being quite buggy and having slowdown during battles and stuff. It's better on native PS2 from what I hear.

Plus the only incentive you need to keep playing DDS is that you'll never have the satisfaction of defeating the Demi-Fiend if you don't.

Wazzy

Banned
God Persona 5 trailer really got me so back into the series again that I went and bought PQ last week and I'll be starting it soon.

How did everyone feel about PQ?

DNAbro

God Persona 5 trailer really got me so back into the series again that I went and bought PQ last week and I'll be starting it soon.

Really good and a bit frustrating at times. I have to put it away for awhile sometimes cause i can't take too much of it. Still need to finish it.

Lunar15

Haha, I'm so hopelessly obsessed. I was just listening to the main theme and trying to figure out where and how vocals would be added.

There's one part in there where it sounds like rapping could be implemented. Lotus Juice returning?

I loved PQ. It's a very different experience, but the dungeon crawling really clicked with me. Character interactions were just icing on the cake.

FluxWaveZ

So the new Persona summoning sound is the sound of a chain breaking but when the Persona appears it's attached to the user by a chain. Whoops!

Obviously, there's something more to that. We don't know if the chain might snap for when the Persona executes special attacks... really, we don't even know what the summoning process is at all yet.

PQ is an amazing game, especially if one has played Persona 3 and Persona 4. Great battle system and dungeon crawling aspect lend a lot to a Persona game.

Are you playing the PSN version? The PSN DDS1 is kinda infamous for being quite buggy and having slowdown during battles and stuff. It's better on native PS2 from what I hear.

Plus the only incentive you need to keep playing DDS is that you'll never have the satisfaction of defeating the Demi-Fiend if you don't.

Well damn...
What about the Raidou games? Either of those screwy on PSN?

Persona Q is super legit. I just beat the last bonus boss tonight and it was so gratifying. Although the game can be frustrating at times near the beginning, be sure to stick with it because the feeling of power and control you have when your lategame party is tearing enemies a new one is awesome.

Rubedo

The gameplay was pretty sweet. I didn't really like the story though.

It's still fun.

Wazzy

Banned
Thanks for the response! I've beaten 3 and 4 and adore both so it makes me extremely excited to play Q. I'll update when I give it a shot.

kiyoaki

Really? I recently played through DDS1 on my PS3 and didn't notice any audio problems, bugs or slowdowns, the game was great as always. Or is that because the first time I played through it on PS2 I was already playing the slower EU version?

Generally speaking, Raidou 2, DDS and Nocturne are all amazing games. I wouldn't give up on DDS1, the game has a great story and world that only get better towards the end and in the second game. Maybe try to get hold of the PS2 version if the PSN version is making problems.

Really? I recently played through DDS1 on my PS3 and didn't notice any audio problems, bugs or slowdowns, the game was great as always. Or is that because the first time I played through it on PS2 I was already playing the slower EU version?

Perhaps you got lucky or maybe it was recently patched because you would notice the issues, audio would be out of sync, sometimes by like a minute or two so you wouldn't be able to miss it.

koutoru

The gameplay was pretty sweet. I didn't really like the story though.

It's still fun.
I'm planing to eventually get this once I get a N3DS.
Also, I've always wanted to play a Etrian Odyssey game, I guess this will be a good gateway into that.

However in terms of the story, I've never understood why Atlus put this as canon material.
I haven't even played the game yet but I can already guess what happens at the end.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it's ultimately inconsequential to the whole narrative, but the ending is kinda sweet and it's fun to see the P4 and P3 characters funning around together.

Rubedo

I'm planing to eventually get this once I get a N3DS.
Also, I've always wanted to play a Etrian Odyssey game, I guess this will be a good gateway into that.

However in terms of the story, I've never understood why Atlus put this as canon material.
I haven't even played the game yet but I can already guess what happens at the end.

I pretty much just pretend it's non-canon anyway. It's more fun that way and it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom