• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that odin sphere wall scroll looks great. Cant wait for the HD remaster so I can finally play it again (PS3 that was BC fried with me halfway through the game...had no will to restart with the PSN release).

I like the rise art, but not something I would be willing to display. I stick to primary outfits for merch anyway

Y'all are scaring me about Persona Q. I'm early in the second dungeon and really honestly enjoying it so far. But it sounds like it goes way south soon after this?

^^ It'll start dragging soon, but it doesn't get actively boring imo. But I'm only halfway through lab 3 soooo

The third dungeon is where the balancing issues really start showing up. Obviously, everyone has spoken of corrosion and how it favors the enemy so much, but other issues show up as well like instant kills being horribly imbalanced and magic at a turning point where it's still weak but getting better. Also, the puzzles suck. Some of which I suspect is related to translation issues as well.

The puzzles weren't amazing, but I'm easy enough to please to really enjoy the "aha" moments. Some of the FOE rooms were interesting, at least until they got annoying.

I kinda wish there was some way to just breeze through the game for the dialogue, but it's really tedious even on safety.

Ooh, is this the final page?

Y'all are scaring me about Persona Q. I'm early in the second dungeon and really honestly enjoying it so far. But it sounds like it goes way south soon after this?
I enjoyed the first dungeon, hated the second, third, fourth, enjoyed the first 7 floors of the 5th, hated the last 2 floors of the 5th.

All the large floors basically just bored me to tears. I did enjoy the silliness of the second dungeons scenes though

Sophia

If you're enjoying it, you'll probably continue to enjoy it. Unless you're playing on Risky, in which case I hope you've got your support partner equipped with that ability that can prevent enemy advantages... :)

There are some balancing issues in Persona Q, but overall it's a lot better on the gameplay front than Persona 3 or Persona 4. If those few balancing issues were corrected, it'd be one of Atlus's best RPGs from a gameplay standpoint. >_>;

If you're enjoying it, you'll probably continue to enjoy it. Unless you're playing on Risky, in which case I hope you've got your support partner equipped with that ability that can prevent enemy advantages... :)

I can't imagine life without said skill. I got a QR Titania with a support skill set that really tones down some of the game's more annoying quirks. She was expensive to summon, but totally worth it.

Sophia

I can't imagine life without said skill. I got a QR Titania with a support skill set that really tones down some of the game's more annoying quirks. She was expensive to summon, but totally worth it.

On risky, it's almost mandatory for the third dungeon. You're at serious risk of getting randomly one-shotted without it. :\

FluxWaveZ

You call it acceptance. I call it indifference. =p

Heh, that works too.

Speaking of Persona 5 and dungeons, just the little bit they've shown of P5 shows that it'll have better dungeons than P3 and P4 (at least the pre-made ones), which is awesome. Again, I'd love for there to be some way of approaching the dungeons differently based on how you choose to execute a heist; it'd be interesting, at least.

Oh, and I loved pretty much all of PQ's dungeons, with only a few exceptions within some.

That said, goodbye OT7. First post came true, after all...
Persona 5 will not come out during this OT, but maybe Persona 4 Dancing.

arue

Speaking of art, I drew everyone's favourite character. It may or may not be really obvious, but I'm still getting the hang of drawing with a tablet.
That smug.

I recently drew everybody's favorite character too.
iQNiBdz.jpg

Ponn

Banned

Ha, I started Persona Q this week too and i'm just starting on the 2nd dungeon. I'm also enjoying the heck out of it which is weird because I gave Etrian Odyssey a couple tries and just couldn't get into it. I may have to give those games another chance after this. I'm hoping it doesn't get bad, difficulty wise i'm kind of use to weird spikes and can get over those. My biggest problem right now is choosing who to have in my party with all these characters. My only real criticism so far is the persona/equipment management not being available for all characters. It's a pain to have to switch characters in and out just to access stuff. Am I missing something here or is that just the way it is?

The third dungeon is where the balancing issues really start showing up. Obviously, everyone has spoken of corrosion and how it favors the enemy so much, but other issues show up as well like instant kills being horribly imbalanced and magic at a turning point where it's still weak but getting better. Also, the puzzles suck. Some of which I suspect is related to translation issues as well.

So far (just started 4th floor forever ago) i do not like the third dungeon at all. I just about dropped the game, i haven't played it for a good few months now. And i got the game on release day

There are some balancing issues in Persona Q, but overall it's a lot better on the gameplay front than Persona 3 or Persona 4. If those few balancing issues were corrected, it'd be one of Atlus's best RPGs from a gameplay standpoint. >_>;

I loved Magic in P3/4, and even though Aigis' physical attacks are the equivalent of a small tank (so far), i wish magic attacks had more potency... at the same time, i absolutely love the combat style in the game and i love the sub-persona system, and would like some form of it to come up in the later Persona games. Or just find a way to mix up gameplay more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom